Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ruroc Helmets

Poster: A snowHead
Was just wondering if anyone has any experience of these helmets with the goggles and mask combo?? I've got a R.E.D. helmet at the minute which I was thinking of changing anyway, and I seem to just end up picking up a pair of goggles from TK Maxx every winter which seem too good to be true for £15 and then end up fogging up, not fitting too well and generally get me thinking 'why do I do this to myself?'

These Ruroc ones are about 150notes and all the talk about them is that the googles work with the helmet to give you a fog-free, ultra comfortable ride. Can anyone confirm/deny this? Got the facemask as well to keep the face chill levels down, but I'd guess that you'd just use the lid and gog combo most of the time to not feel like you're scuba diving and to keep the star wars jokes to a minimum.

Good deal? Or am I just better getting a decent pair of googles?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
" no Luke..... I am your father!"

is all I can think when I see the Ruroc stuff...sorry no useful advice..
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Get some goggles.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
you'd look like a fool in one of those ruroc things.

just my opinion though. Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.

The Stig, Ruroc, Storm Trooper....

Which one which?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ouch Shocked
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thats too much
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I want this

http://www.snowfusion.co.uk/p/3574/Hammer-HMR-Helmets/Hammer-Helmet-HMR-Zebra-Helmet-Full-Face-Boarder-X-Helmet.htm
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Why do you want to change your RED helmet jcat, is it just the goggle problem? Or retail fever?! I wear a Skycap and look as sexy as f***! Stop buying tat goggles, I have a pair of Bolle's and a pair of Smiths and they both fit fine.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I havent heard of them before but imagine a gold one, like c3p0, awesome.

How do you smoke with them on?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
the ice perv wrote:
I wear a Skycap and look as sexy as f***! .

first time anyone has said that about wearing a helmet Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dude, the helmet/goggle/facemask combo looks sweet but maybe a bit OTT. Aren't these kind of things designed for Super-G skiers or something? You wouldn't want to look like a skier would you? Laughing

If you've already got a perfectly good R.E.D. helmet, why not just get a decent pair of goggles? You can easily pick up a good pair for less than £50 - like these Electric EG1's on ebay http://tinyurl.com/electric-goggles-ebay

If you want your lower face covered, get a neoprene facemask (again you can find loads of these on Ebay) - I've been wearing one for the last few seasons and it keeps my face warm as fcuk without feeling too claustrophobic. If it's not so cold you can just put it in your pocket.

Just for info, I bought a wicked pair of Spy Goggles from TK Maxx last year for £14 - there are always bargains at the Maxx if you search for them! Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
the ice perv, ronaldothefrog, cheers for the replies, main reason I was looking to change my RED is the fit of it, I seem to have a ridunculous sized/shaped head, think brain from pinky and the, the RED does fit but it kind of sits a bit funny, so am in the market for a new one. I like the idea of having an integrated goggle/helmet too, if the airflow system works like ruroc say it does on their site and facebook page then it sounds wicked. Or is that just the kind of stuff every helmet maker says about their helmets?

I tried on one of those neoprene masksronaldothefrog, last year but that sat funny like too, maybe it's my odd noggin again!! I like the sound of the mask, any windchill or embarrassing faceplants, *clip clip* you're all set, toasty and no-one will recognise you later on off the slopes!

I think the only thing that puts me off, the reason I decided to consult you fine people on here (that's the only compliment you're getting!) is that the only really good stuff I've heard about them has come from either their sites or on forums from a guy working for them. They're obviously quite passionate about them working in the way they should but obviously unbiased opinions are worth a bit more. Is it a bad omen that there doesn't seem to be many reviews good or bad around, or is it just because they've not been too long on the market?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
jcat,

There are some starting cheap on Ebay...
I hope I did not offend you by joking on the looks. Technically I don't know what they're worth. All manufacturers are going to say their stuff's best.
Since you seem to have trouble finding a good fit then it seems important that you get to try one. Despite the fact that it is "integrated" you still got several potential issues like will the helmet fit your head shape, will the goggles suit your face, will you like the face mask etc...
If it's purely helmet/goggle goog compatibility you want, get yourself a helmet you like then take it to a shop and try plenty of goggles on..I'll be surprised if you don't find a model that goes neatly. Manufacturers are aware that more and more people wear helmets and design their goggles accordingly...
If you end up breaking one or the other you don't have to replace with the exact same model...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
jcat, if you have a circus-freak head shape then you def need to go to a shop and try a few different models on, not take pot-luck on the internet. And you can try on the goggles while you're there. And don't bother with those neoprene face things, just buy a cheapo fleece neck gaiter from Tchibo or somewhere and pull it up over your chin. Or grow a beard. Or coat your face with whale grease. That'll look v sexy too.
snow conditions
my head is a mental shape, I tried every helmet I could find. In the end only the red shaun white fitted. i have a bit of a gaper gap with the goggles but thats the least of my problems if I need to have the helmet on. Then I bandana my whole face out like some cowboy, maybe I look like an idiot but I'm warm.
snow conditions
neoprene face things = "i ate his liver... with some fava beans and a nice chianti" ( no offence mr. thefrog Very Happy )
snow report
stab, I have an amazingly small head, only R.E.D seem to fit properly. I also favour a bandana, but a more girlie pink affair
latest report
Go for the full kit to really look the part ......

http://a323.yahoofs.com/phugc/vKbPWijI1ERl/photos/0d18748961aecbb0276655f38f1c21c4/sr_011a041f9ea5ef.jpg?ug_____DBiRt8dB9
snow report
Lol, I'd love a stormtrooper outfit for boarding.
snow report
snojito, none taken. That's just the look I go for. Very Happy
ski holidays
Presumably you have to unclip the visor bit and faff with it every time you want to wipe your nose/get a drink/answer the phone/steal a bite of husband's sandwich.

Sounds rubbish to me - definitely go for goggles.
snow conditions
Mind you, if your butt ugly maybe a full facial helmet is the way to go !
ski holidays
DebbiDoesSnow,

Don't worry, those goggles you just bought will detract the attention from the rest of you...

snow conditions
Lizzard wrote:
Presumably you have to unclip the visor bit and faff with it every time you want to wipe your nose/get a drink/answer the phone/steal a bite of husband's sandwich.

Sounds rubbish to me - definitely go for goggles.

.... not to mention how sticky it could get after a sudden sneeze.
snow report
Kruisler, OUCH !
snow report
DebbiDoesSnow, Toofy Grin

That'll teach you for planning to steal my socks!

Edit: I hope I didn't genuinely upset you..wondering now.. Confused

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Wed 12-11-08 16:27; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
DB, Shocked Laughing

This is not a nice picture! Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've been conscious that I should get a helmet at some stage and with that corresponding with a need for a new pair of goggles, i was quite interested in the Ruroc helmet which costs £159. I also liked the fact that my whole face is covered (how ever stupid people may think it looks) as my face gets twice as red as anyone elses and it looks like I've fallen asleep on a sun bed!

Seeing as the original post is over a year old I wanted to see if any snowheads had actually bought one and what they thought of them - particularly their claims of not fogging due to their special ventilation system.
ski holidays
I have one, its white, i get call the Stig lol

I love it though, we ski mainly Canada and i really suffer with getting cold in my teeth but i dont like scarves/neckwarmers over my mouth so the RuRoc is ideal. I've only had one day when i fogged up the goggles cos i hadnt clipped the chin bit in properly but other than that its been perfect.
latest report
Just as an alternative, I have invested in a couple of THESE this winter (direct from the factory in China for £20 total inc shipping -> look up Onion-House on Ebay) - I was experiencing a bit of steaming up using a Neoprene mask so I'm hopeful that these might do the job...

Fair play if the RuRoc works for you though...
snow report
Those masks look pretty good - i love how they refer to their "patent pending signature design" which is just a hole cut out for your mouth Laughing
latest report
Yeah, you can't beat marketing bull5hit! Very Happy
snow conditions
I stuck one of those things on my nut at a demo day at Ohau a couple of years ago. Made me look and feel like a complete c0ck, and scared my kids.

Think the guy who imported a load to NZ must still have a garage full of the things, never seen anybody wearing one, unless he shifted them off to the local knock shop for the bondage freaks.
snow report
I'm fed up with my badly fitting helmet so got one of these at the ski show - 50 notes for a helmet, 2 pairs of goggles and the face bit.
Prob won't use the face guard bit - but lookign forward to having a decent fit between helmet and goggles...
Its in black so my new name will be darth vader...
snow report
not a bad deal mountain mad, just don't succumb to 'the dark side' and wear the facemask Laughing
snow report
I have a RuRoc helmet. I hate the chin strap on helmets, and the RuRoc has such a snug fit round the sides of my head I've cut it off. It'll probably come off if I fall off a cliff, but it's saved my noggin in quite a few snowboarding faceplants this season.

The goggles are not very good at all, but they make a nice fit - however you still get quite a draft so I wear a balaclava underneath when it gets down to -10.

I've worn mine for about 6 weeks of skiing and the foam around the goggles is starting to disintegrate.

I haven't really worn the facemask bit. It doesn't click in very well - and takes quite a while to attach / detatch. Maybe that's just a fault in my helmet...

But remember - if you want to look cool, don't get this helmet.
snow conditions
I've got one of these - super comfortable if you can get it to fit right and you do look amusing. However, the downsides are that the foam inner liner falls apart quickly, the inner faceguard gets full of moisture very quickly and the bit on the helmet where the faceguard connects to snapped off, making that bit useless. And its very uncomfortable using the goggles without the face guard as they push down on your nose making breathing difficult. All in all, a complete waste of time and money
snow report
Hi guys,

I run Ride King - an online shop started from a passion for skiing (and also a desire to protect my bonce whilst doing it!) - and we sell RuRoC helmets. It's good to hear some feedback about this helmets as we sell quite a few and always get particular enquiries. I will pass on the comments to Ruroc themselves who will take them on board for future models. They've recently put the prices up too, have released new lenses and are designing some new colour schemes - it'd be great to get some feedback on these changes. Also, to you doubters, have a look at the facebook page - they're getting some really good feedback on there.

Cheers,
Tom
Ride King
snow report
Ilove mine get loads of strange looks when I have the faceguard on .....thats cool Cool
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy