Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arabba Dates

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Struggling with this one a bit - can anybody with local knowledge help me out.

We are planning a week in Arabba in March. Was going to be 21st, but something has come up which will push it back to w/c 28th March. I note that TO's (well Neilson was the only one I could find) stop going there soon after then. But the season dates I have found look much longer. I am just trying to find out if we are looking at an 'at-risk' period - never been to the Dolomites before. Is the snow line rising by then? Or are we safe* to think about covering the wider area - I feel the need to go round the Sella Ronda once, at least.

Thanks,
David

*All caveats assumed, of course. Please feel free to rib a little, but not to go on too much. I have had some wonderful skiing at Easter, but always in the Alps. No opinion expressed will be construed as a guarantee.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DJ, first the ribbing: take your hiking boots, at least you'll still have something to do! wink

But seriously: I've only ever been 2nd and 3rd week in March to the area. Up high, there should still be good snow, but you're probably in for spring conditions on the lower/exposed to sun slopes. Arabba's main slopes below Porta Vescovo are well-shaded and normally have the best snow in the area and March can often be snowier than midwinter in this area. They try to keep the Sella Ronda links open till end of season (mid-april?), they push the snow around to acheive this, but I have skied porridge on the sunny side of Arabba. Stay high and you'll be OK.

Oh and if you're feeling adventurous and the conditions allow, look what these guys did Shocked in early April 2006. Or this one from late March 2006 Shocked , this guy posts on snowheads as well.

*and now for the small print: all usual caveats apply, no guarantees can be offered, etc, etc, etc
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
luigi, thanks. I'm slightly less nervous.

David
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
luigi, I'd seen the second one (thanks for linking it again though) but not the first. I really really have to go back.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Swirly, thanks, you're right, I had linked these trip reports in another thread. I'm counting the days til Feb 7th, when I'm headed that way. Cool

DJ, I thought they would be useful for you to see actual conditions around the time you're planning to visit, obviously every year is different, but spring storms often make for prodigious conditions up high.

There was another trip report from the dutch guys dating from late March 2007, same awesome steep powder, and Arabba looks white too.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy