Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

feb half-term advice / availability

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
i know it is late to be booking for feb half-term, but an opportunity has just come up.

I think i am looking for the impossible though, and not much idea where to start.

Am a bit worried about how busy europe will be with all the french holidays co-inciding. will this be the same with spain, andorra etc too. was wondering about norway or finland.

other problematic issue is i don't want it to cost the earth (well, i know i said i was looking for the impossible). been looking at crystal as they do lots of free kids or v reduced kids prices which really bring down the overall price (2 adults 2 kids).
looking for somewhere wth lots of green / blue runs for the kids and easy family skiing. not bothered about night life. don't mind if hotel or self-catering - i guess a chalet somwehere will be much cheaper than catered.

if anyone has a chalet for 4 still free for feb then please pm me.

any thoughts re busyness and best country to look for. or ideas to get a half term holiday on the cheap. we have always used a TO before, but am starting to think about going independently if it will be cheaper. where do i find out about indivudually owned chalets - are there any website with them all on anywhere???

cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
blueberry, my experience is that most of the French stay within their own country to ski, so the fact that they are on holiday shouldn't affect Austria (for example) that much. However the Germans, Dutch and Danish seem to fill Austria up nicely alongside the Brits.

If you are going independent, then try emailing the resort tourist offices. They usually keep a list of available accommodation. If you try and look at some of the lesser known resorts then you may get lucky - good accommodation and empty slopes.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have you tried igluski.com ? I had a quick look and there's appartments in decent resorts (Meribel, Courch, Les Arcs etc) for about £500 pp, chalets in VdI and Serre Ch for £700-£800

Good luck !
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
blueberry, try southern alps and fly into Marseille. good selection of resorts to choose from and flights there often cheaper than "ski" airports.

What is your budget for Flights, transfers, accom and what board basis?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks all

so is it just france that has the same feb half term, not austria and switzerland etc too?
we don't have a particular budge, i just don't like having to spend money where i can help it!
we are quite happy to self-cater so long as there is a supermarket near by - we tend to cook at home rather than eat out.
flicking through the TO brochures i can fine places that are HB for about 700pp, so with small child discounts coming out at 2500 for flight transfer and accom.

if i could find a small chalet for 4, self catering, for 1500E and some flights for £29 i would be jumping around the room!

i'll have a look at flights to marseille, i hadn't thought of flying there, and my geography of the alps and in general is rubbish.
since we're going to be skiing as a family this time, we don't need an extensive ski area but ski-in ski-out would be bliss.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Elizabeth B wrote:
blueberry,If you try and look at some of the lesser known resorts then you may get lucky - good accommodation and empty slopes.

lesser know resorts...such as.... - as i will never have heard of them!
any you can think of with lots of blue runs and that are primarily ski-in ski-out??

thanks
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Isola 2000?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
To my knowledge our place in Laax is still free for the week of 14th Feb, but it probably won't be for long as Zurich hols are the last 2 weeks of Feb. Whilst Laax is probably better for intermediates and above, there are plenty of nice long blues and easy downlifting where things get steeper
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I paid £873 for four seats to the Pyrenees (and not even from a decently located airport) and at the time (many weeks ago) other Snowheads were reporting that four seats to Salzburg would have cost over £2000. So by now I would count anything under £350 per seat as something of a bargain for half term. I looked at ferries and they were asking crazy prices too so good luck getting off the island.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
couldn't interest you in Les Carroz could I??
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
blueberry wrote:
I know it is late to be booking for Feb. half-term, but an opportunity has just come up. I think i am looking for the impossible though, and not much idea where to start.

Not touting (we have "lots" of bookings already) but you did ask.
£770 - filly inc (inc 4 in a room discount), I "think" that’s cheaper that doing it yourself and a lot less hassle.
depart 14th Feb to Folgarida. British Airways out of Gatwick. We have only 6 places left at this rate.
KLM flights available on 15th from Manchester and Heathrow £870 (22 beds left at this rate, then we are fully booked). You can contact me direct on the number on the site if you want to chat

Also, as not touting, try looking at the opposition
last minute .com they have some good offers on at the moment.
You could also try Rocket Ski .com as they let you build in only the items you want
You "may" be able to pick up some last minute deals if you leave it till nearer the date but this is risky
Also. Most of he big TO's will have some cancelations due to the credit crunch but they will not know until after the cancellation supplements date which is normally around 8 weeks before departure so you may be able to get yourself on a waiting list with some of them.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Was looking a couple of weeks ago at flights to Innsbruck as had the possibility of joining a group out there - for 4 of us Easyjet - £3400!!!!!! Shocked There were still cheap ferry crossings on SeaFrance but we didn't fancy the drive!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy