Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

places to stay on BC road trip and other info

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have 3 weeks and will visit Golden, Revelstoke, Red Mountain, Whitewater and Fernie. Can anyone recommend reasonably-priced places to stay with ski pass deals if possible. Wife tells me must be en-suite. Thanks snowheads....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We stayed here in Nelson (whitewater), it was pretty cool http://www.humehotel.com/ from memory most places offer midweek ski and stay deals. You will also find that Red is not to far from Nelson save moving on all the time. Golden and Fernie have lots of motel type chains as does Revelstoke there shouldn't be a problem with accomodation outside weekends and holiday periods.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Golden - http://www.cedarhousecafe.com/ - fantastic place out in the woods, with restaurant and private hot tub.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lucky you, have a look at Snowwater.com they have some good links for the Nelson area. Their Heli and cat skiing is great too..
The Rams Head is good in Red Mountain.
Peakfreaks.com has a link to a log cabin for rent near Nelson and Whitewater.
Can I come with you. I'd live in Nelson if I could...
Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skivor, don't stay in Golden, stay in the mountain hotel whatever it is, the town of G is rough. DO NOT stay in the Canyon Motor Inn in Revelstoke-you will thanks me for that advice.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I stayed in the Sandman Airport Hotel and it was good, there is one in Revelstoke

http://www.sandmanhotels.com/hotel/bc/revelstoke
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skivor, Golden, stay on the mtn if your reasonably happy with your own company. The place norris, links to looks good. Alternatively The Sportsmans was OK for budget (though out of town). I quite liked the authenticity of Golden but there you go.

Fernie I stayed in Snow Valley motel. Rubbish decor but reasonable price and very decent people running the place. On mtn was best accomm. but relatively pricey.

Panorama you can get some very good deals via their website. Worth a day or two.

Don't go too late.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nickski, Golden was bad in comparison to my sheltered life and closed, hungover mind wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Raging Elk hostel in Fernie maybe a better bet. You can even get private rooms for a bit extra and prob cheaper than the motel. Gets full at short notice ( weeks) though
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Doing a similar trip myself hopefully - places like Travelodge/Sandman/Super 8 available in a lot of towns. To be fair most local motels are ok although it can pay to get off the transcanada in places like Golden & Revy, not necessarily that possible in Fernie as everything is along Highway 3. Stay off the hill for more affordable and better choice of food/bars. Nelson is definitely the funkiest town (as featured in Roxanne)-I recommend the Garlic speciality restaurant. wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I can vouch for the Cedar house cafe.....see Norris' post above....very nice.

There's a fantastic place to stay near there called the Capristo lodge...pricey but very nice. http://www.kapristolodge.com
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just a thought.....if you end up in grotty motel places you could try the Kapristo lodge later on to pacify your wife Little Angel
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have stayed on the mountain at KH, pretty souless really - much prefered cedar House (its not actually in Golden, but about 5km out)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy