Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort recommendation for Xmas?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone.

I and my friends would like to go snowboarding&skiing for 3-4 days over the Xmas period. Can anyone recommend a European resort where there will be a good snow during this time? We have been recommended to look for a high mountain resort (from 3000 metres), for example, somewhere in the Swiss Alps...We also wanted to avoid a long travel...It'd be ideal to fly into Geneva and then drive to the resort...

Any pointers will be much appreciated.

Many Thanks
F
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You may struggle to get shortterm lodging during that busy period.

Zermatt, by train, is your best bet.

Chamonix might be another option.

Go to http://www.j2ski.com/ski_resorts/Airports/Geneva.html.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fier, I know the agent we use in Laax offers any length of stay - our place was let for 4 days over Xmas last year. Might be an option for you?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for this. I had a look at Zermatt and, yes, accommodation is very scarce. Chamonix looks a lot better in this respect. The question is whether there is going to be snow this time...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi,

You won't find any resorts at 3000 metres or above.

Your thoughts are correct though look for high resorts which are fairly reliable snow wise eg Tignes 2100 metres.

If you're flying into Geneva the Portes du Soleil area is close (Avoriaz, Morzine, Chatel etc). However Morzine is very low (1100 metres) but links into Avoriaz (1800 metres). About 2.5 - 3 hours south east of Geneva you have the Tarentaise Valley which has the Three Valleys (Couchevel, Meribel & Val Thoren), La Plagne, Les Arcs and Val D'Isere & Tignes. If you're driving you should have (have to have) snow chains.

Good Luck in your search.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
fier, Saas Fee?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm off to Obergurgl in Austria for Xmas ... it's looking good for snow already and is due to open at the end of this week!

Webcam: http://www.obergurgl.com/main/EN/GG/WI/wetter_schnee/livecams/index.html

Never been to this particular resort before ... so can't tell you how good/bad it is. But I believe it's relatively easy to reach from Innsbruck (I think).
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy