Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snowHeads 2009 Calendars

Poster: A snowHead
holidayloverxx, below the photo in the 'additional info' box, there's a 'quick rate' guide, from poor to excellent...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Michelle, ta

and i guess I have to log on to that separately otherwise I don;t have permission to post? I really find the media zone too difficult Sad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
holidayloverxx, yes you do, as they're completely different sites.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Michelle wrote:
boredsurfin,
Come on you lot! We need a good few more photos in there to make it worthwhile snowHead
So - who took a photo or two whilst on the slopes last season? Toofy Grin

I've added my quota of 3!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Michelle, Here's some more.

snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
holidayloverxx, do you have any suggestions as to what would make it easier to use?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yoda, I just don't think it's intuitive, for example why would I expect the ratings thing to be below additional info? (which I can't see without scrolling down). Menu options would be good. I know it's no good complaining and not makign suggestions for improvement. I woudl have to sit down adn try and use it and make notes as I go along - no time at the mo' but let me think about it.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've added my 3 from whistler this year
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've added some.

Hope you don't mind some summer ones of mountains with snow clad peaks. Could be used for the summer months?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Christopher, chewy192, well done!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
They are not brilliant, but I could add one or two from VT - can I copy and/or move ones are that already in the EoSB album? If so how please? Also, what about if they have a date stamp on them?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Here are my contributions this year:

snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
horizon, you've raised the bar with those photos. Superb.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
horizon, excellent - but can't see how to vote for them Puzzled
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
chris, holidayloverxx, thanks.

Don't know how to enable the voting option (well I thought that I had) - could anyone enlighten me?

I'm the skier rather than the photographer on the B&W one (though I did the conversion to B&W and contrast change), but I'm 95% certain that my friend will give sH permission to use this.
latest report
horizon, you posted direct url's to the images instead of links to the thumbs or mediums, so they didn't link back to the display page. I've changed them to linked thumbs, are they the right three pics?
snow report
horizon wrote:
Here are my contributions this year:

Amazing - I particularly love the one with the clouds and the sunlight. the cloud on the left really 'makes' it..

..as good as anything in Athena..
snow conditions
holidayloverxx, you need to click on an individual photo in the gallery here then scroll down a bit and select one of the row of option boxes marked "Quick rate".
snow report
Yoda, they're the right ones, thanks. (I need to work out how to post thumbnail images for the future.)
snow conditions
Hoppo, Yep, that answered my earlier question, this time it wasn't my fault - honest!
snow conditions
Just put a couple of Scottish ones up to try and redress the continental balance!!

latest report
Elizabeth B, they are beautiful!
ski holidays
Just wanted to say that I've only rated the pictures on whether I would like to see them in a snowheads calendar and not on how good a picture they are. Some of them are cracking pictures but I would rather see snowy mountain scenes and dramatic action... Embarassed

here's my three for this year

ski holidays
Elizabeth B, They are gorgeous! Very Happy
snow report
Many thanks for your amazing photos guys!
The upload and voting has now closed... snowHead
snow report
So where is the ordering link? Smile
ski holidays
TallTone, rolling eyes slow down there boy Laughing
latest report
Bump! When can I order a calendar?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Also may I point out - one or two may have to have the tonality (ie light/dark) adjusted for printing. The one I had in before came out much too dark, though it looked right on the screen.
ski holidays
Only 24 boxes left on my current calendar... 26 if you count the extra two I've drawn in.... c'mon, Santa needs supplies! Smile
latest report
snowHeads calendars 2009
The calendars are in the usual place snowHead

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 10-12-08 12:02; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
What photos made it in?
latest report
Timmaah, we'll put up a "taster" later (can't do it here at work wink )
ski holidays
Thanks Yoda Very Happy
snow report
I ordered a calendar 2 hours ago and paid with Paypal, but at the top of the Snowheads page a link has appeared saying my SnowAccount Balance is -15GBP.
Going to Paypal it says the money has been transferred to Snowheads and my credit card has been debited, so why does the SnowAccount show an oustanding balance? Puzzled
latest report
Alastair Pink, because the balance update mechanism consists of OGL manually ticking off payments Smile Worry ye not!
latest report
I had trouble ordering a calendar and found I had to change my profile back to subSilver to get it to work. I'd changed to subBlacK to get rid of the annoying santa at the top.

Hope this helps snowHead
ski holidays
When will the Calendars be posted out ??
snow conditions
I am expecting delivery today.
Depending what time they arrive, they may go out this afternoon or tomoorow morning.
ski holidays
I'm off to post the calendars in about an hour - any last orders before I go?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy