Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What size skis for wifey?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm about to buy some skis for the wife. She is 5ft 3in (160cm) & weighs about 8.5 stone.

If she had her way she would ski only green runs, but she will spend most of her time on blues & occasionally venture on to reds. She is best described as timid intermediate, although she has 7 weeks of skiing under her belt.

I've seen some skis on the net, which are available in 143cm or 151cm. Which would be the most suitable, or would either be ok?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ssnowman, which skis? I am 5ft 1, but unfortunately heavier, and have more weeks exeprience, and I ski on a 153cm K2 MissDemeanor. Previously I skied a 150cm Rossignol Saphir. But it will really depend on the ski.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Helen Beaumont, they are Blizzard X-Sprit 3.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ssnowman, Have seen some of those in a shop. Lots of flex, designed for the slower skier. I would have thought they would be ideal. Skiwear4less.com are doing them for £99 including bindings. By the way I bet your wife isn't as timid as mine - although she has only three weeks under her belt
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Last year I purchased skis for all the family (without a great deal of product knowledge) and to get some idea of length and shapes I used the head product advisor in the hope that i would be in the right ball park even if i didn't select head products, although in the end 3 out of 5 of us have head skis!

http://www.head.com/ski/advisor.php?region=eu

Interesting execrise to get a someone else to select the appropriate ski for your ability/needs bit like having your perfect driving judged.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy