Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best shop to fit a 18month out for skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Taking our 18month old daughter with us for the first time (grandparents coming along to do babysitting), apart from the obvious like ebay and the buy,sell here on SH, where is the best place to get a baby fitted out for the snow? Any advice/ tips what to look out for will be much appreciated.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
H&M do pretty cheap stuff, as does TK Maxx. Would go for a one piece - but hey they still look quite cute on kids - and I think you can get some where the mitts are connected, which is pretty useful as klids that age tend to loose their regularly
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Go Outdoors do some reasonable one-peice ski suits - personally think they are best at that age as easy to stuff them into them and there is no danger of snow going down back of trousers etc.

Mittens far easier to put on than gloves - linked with peice of elastic to stop them being lost

DOn't forget sunglasses as the snow can glare - I would recomend Kidzbands - as have velcro strap around head - stop them falling off

Ebay is a good place to look - we sold all our stuff their and is generally in good condition as only used for a week or two before they grow out of it
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We got a columbia suit for junior at age one year (this time last year) from Ellis Brigham and the same suit for 2 year old this year. Got snow boots in the resort (cheaper). Gloves in resort too.
SNow and Rock have good baby stuff but if it is only for a week might be a bit expensive?
Got baby banz sunglasses on line (thoroughly recommend as have strap)
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hi
we might have some stuff you can use although both our kids are boys (i think the stuff is pretty unisex these days - especially at that age). I think we kept most of the ski gear in the loft (kids are only 5 and 2 so baby stuff is only a couple of years old). . Is your daughter walking yet ? if so what size feet. we have some snow boots that were going to go on ebay later this week.
i will go in the loft tonight and dig everything out and get back to you.

cheers
Jonathan
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Decathlon
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
this on-line shop are great

http://www.skiwearservice.co.uk/

the lady on the phone is very helpful. they stock a good range of not-too-expensive but very good quality ski suits.
the first year we took ours the youngest was 2.5 years. she had a basic ski suit from blacks but was pretty cold in it. the skiwear service stock several brands from finland. they are - imo - much warmer than anything else i've seen here. and she does good boots and all the rest too.
i would also add balaclava hat a must (think about several as they get and dribbly around the chin though), breathable thermals (found some at blacks - many other kids thermals are 50% cotton!!). although babies don't sweat like us, they wear breathable ie damp nappies, so it is important to avoid cotton. then we add a fleece all-in-one under the ski suit. mothercare have some fleece all-in-ones in their nightwear section, as do most high street shops at present.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We got our son's outfits from Tchibo, but you have to get the correct week on their website or in the shops!

Good value (£11, complete suit!) and loads of features you'd expect on more expensive gear, worth a look if you can find them.

Echo the others in sunglasses are a must, and mittens that are connected and can't get lost.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy