Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl: april snow conditions?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're off to Ischgl for a week in early April; currently deciding whether to choose the safer option - starting 4th April - or the significantly cheaper (accomodation & lift pass) week starting 11th April.
Anyone with knowledge of conditions in Ischgl in April care to comment?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
earlier the better I would think if you had the option, last/late week in the season is best booked at the time when you can look at the web cams. Did the last week of the season in St Anton and the snow had melted down to the village (1350m), slushy and cut up by 11.00 am at 2,000 meters but good fun and plenty of skiing to be had
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I stayed there in last week of March, basically you get "spring conditions": firm snow in the morning, slushy by mid day. It was possible to ski all the way down to the village.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have been to Ischgl the last weekend of the season in 2007 & 2008, that being the end of April beginning of May. 2007 you could ski down to mid station, last year you could ski all way down to resort although getting very patchy. Most of the area had excellent snow coverage at that time of year, so unless it is a bad year I don't think there will be much difference between the two weeks i'd go for the cheapest. Only 18 days to go before my first trip of the season to Ischgl.(opening weekend) Very Happy .
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Vegas Pitch, Lucky so and so. I've got to wait until 6th March.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
March and April are always the best snow conditions here in Tirol, I was skiing great powder in May this year, the year before on the Stubai Glacier it was a June powder day. The sun is stronger and on clear days the snow is sure to soften but my last 8 years here have been the best late in the season.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy