Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lidl Ski gear from 17th November

Poster: A snowHead
Helmets
Ski Bag
Boot bags
Hats that are neck warmers that there was a thread about ony £1.99
Googles
etc etc
http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20081117.index.ar6
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That back protector looks mighty uncomfortable!
might still get it just to check though... at that price...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The ski helmet I bought last year for £7.99 is now £12.99!!!.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I bought some of the £5.99 goggles last year, and they seemed as good as the much smarter ones an ex once lent me.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am still wondering what the men's boxer shorts have got to do with skiing....
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
We bought a £3.99 boot bag last year and it has survived three trips through the airports so far.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kruisler, do you ski commando, then?!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rainman wrote:
Kruisler, do you ski commando, then?!
who doesnt?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
riverman, i was thinking of getting that helmet at that price.... is it any good ??
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Libertine, we bought the helmets this time last year and very happy with them after 2 trips. By memory they meet the German standards . And they are not in Lidl blue and yellow !

Also bought the boot bag and the goggles - both good as well .

I have bought some good quality sailing stuff from Lidl - somewhat surprising until someone said the largest on line chandler in the EU is in the same company group .

John
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
alltnaha, Cheers John. I'll take a look down there on Monday. Planning to get the boot bags as well.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I think I may get a helmet.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
alex_heney wrote:
I think I may get a helmet.

Start a thread asking for advice Twisted Evil Go on, you know you want to..... Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Some of their last years stock was in one of our local stores last week... including kids helmets.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
alltnaha, you bought the helmets? you said they were great, how thoroughly did they get tested, did any of you ski head first into trees or other hard substances?
snow report
gdizzle, The helmets are manufactured in Germany therefore they meet all required standards.
snow report
Lidl's jackets look like Phenix re-badged, so rather tacky in a euro-cheese way but fairly priced at £39.99 for what they are.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 16-11-08 23:10; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Matalan are currently stocking cheap ski wear. Looked ok aswell
snow conditions
tchibo have some too
snow conditions
I just received a snowboard jacket for Tchibo and I am Uber impressed consdering the price
Nice quality, plenty of nice features (incl Recco system), decent materials with Teflon Repel etc..
I'll see how it stands to "real life" testing in January but so far it makes branded stuff look like a waste of money...
At least for someone who only skis a week or two year like me..
snow conditions
Lidl socks are sized strangely using very old fashioned ladies' stocking sizes - suggest you go by the European shoe size given. I just bought some size 39-42 (about 6-8 UK shoe size) and the UK size given on the pack is 10-11.5!
ski holidays
Butterfly, I find that most UK and US printed sizes are far less accurate than the Euro sizes (& Mondopoint).

(excepting Lange, of course wink )
ski holidays
I did get a helmet from them today Smile

But it took two attempts - they had already sold out of adult ones in Cheltenham by lunchtime when I got there, but they still had plenty in this evening in the Merthyr Tydfil one. I suspect skiing is not quite as popular in Merthyr as it is in Cheltenham Smile
snow conditions
I now have two lidl ski helmets from Lidl one bought last year for £7.99 and one this year for £12.99. This years model is lighter ie 560grams against the last year model which is 640grams. This years model also has better ventilation . I wore the helmet for 4 weeks skiing last season and found it very comfortable.
latest report
Well, we got helmet , back protector, ski watch, ski boot bag, electric heat pad for back, sunglasses, men's boots, 2 x quality street, 2 x Ferrero Rocher, cashew nuts, Red Leicester cheese, Parmesan cheese & real beer all for £118. Bargin Very Happy
snow report
CSJ got a Lidl helmet last year, has worn it each time since, still comfy & good. Also we raided our local sports store in the last hour just before they shut for Christmas and they had some great bargains - could be even better this year (if possible).
ski holidays
Not a right size helmet in sight Sad bought a boot bag (for the boots that may or may not ever leave the house!). bug!
latest report
Bought a ski bag, and a new pair of googles - don't know what happened to last pair...

Also Finish dishwasher tablets; 33% extra free, then half price. So £3.25ish for 40 all-in tablets. (My rubbish dishwasher doesn't regulate the rinse-aid properly, hence the need for all-in tabs.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ssnowman,

Hey ssnowman, did the ski watch work? was thinking about getting one... but would probably end up trying to check my speed before losing control and smashing into a tree Confused
ski holidays
If Lidl have got their ski gear then Aldi should have theirs soon ?
latest report
I brought a helmet for £12 which is OK looks wise (i'll pimp it up a bit Very Happy )... not sure how much i'll use it. Gonna buy my kids one at the weekend too.

Brought some changable sunglasses for £3... but they look pretty crap, but as i always lose or break them... dont want to spend a lot !

Are lidl and Aldi brothers ??
snow report
Libertine, yes I believe they are brothers (or at least cousins). A bit like the two different Grohe shower companies, same family but commercial rivals.
ski holidays
DrE wrote:
ssnowman,

Hey ssnowman, did the ski watch work? was thinking about getting one... but would probably end up trying to check my speed before losing control and smashing into a tree Confused

It's working ATM & seems ok.
ski holidays
Libertine, I don't believe there is any family relationship between the owners of Aldi and Lidl.

They were certainly founded by unrelated people (Aldi by brothers Karl and Theo Paul Albrecht, Lidl by father & son Josef and Dieter Schwarz).
snow conditions
Incidentally, does anybody know why Aldi trade as Hofer in Austria (and I believe in Slovenia)?
ski holidays
kendadj wrote:
If Lidl have got their ski gear then Aldi should have theirs soon ?

Yippee!
latest report
Had a look in our local Lidelli tonight - these German women must have alien fingers - the ladies gloves were HUGE!
snow report
MarjMJ, they're built for comfort - not speed (the Freuliens that is, not the gloves...)

Blokes LOVE women with HUGE hands... or is that just me?
ski holidays
Got some goggles which seem pretty good.............the gloves are crap & the helmets too uncomfortable!
latest report
Stopped in out of curiousity - helmets looked very good and a convincing knock off of the Giro 9. Fully TUV and CE certified European snowsports category B. Shows how much you pay for the brand, marketing and initial R&D.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy