Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Obertauern - 13th Dec, help!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Last year I had a DIY week to Obertauern on the 13th December, and loved it - loads of snow, no lift queues, ski to/from door, nice hotel etc etc

I'd love to do the same again this year, but unfortunately I left it too late to get any cheap flights to Salzburg Sad So I've been looking at booking through a TO package deal... but nowhere seems to go there that early!

Can anyone suggest any TOs to look at that I might have forgotten? Or flight routes to Salzburg that start early Dec so I can DIY?

Thank you!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Maybe try looking at Munich flights, with a transfer via train to Radstadt and an onward taxi, or hire car from the Airport.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Manchester to Salzburg is available on 24th December, and then right through January - might not be any use depending on where you are. There are only a few TO's that go to Obertauern, and only 2 airlines from Manchester that go to Salzburg. Next year they don't even fly out at all after easter, which is a real shame as the hotels drop their prices then, and the snow is fantastic, now we can't get there. We got a last minute flight last April, £70 return, 4* hotel half board for 50 euro per night, and stayed for 4 days! It was a really nice extra holiday we hadn't planned... we were suffering post holiday blues after our February ski trip - and couldn't resist it!

http://flights.thomson.co.uk/farefinder/presentation/step1RH.do#200812 Try this if you're in the northwest, I think First Choice and Thomas cook have their own airlines too.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look at flights to Munich.

Sharon; unfortunately I'm down in Bath and whilst I don't mind flying from any Southern or London airport, Manchester's just a bit too far (in the opposite direction to the snow!)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy