Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Slovenia, slopes, riding, and buying property????

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks

I have been looking at Slovenia for a change of scenery to the French Alps. can anyone advise on the place as a whole...

* What is like for riding?
* I know the resorts are not too extensive but would you be able to cover several in 1 trip (week)?
* Cn you get accross to any larger Austrian resorts form Slovenia... easily?
* Can you stay in Bled and comfortably commute to the resorts or would it be better to stay more local?
* If I was interested in buying out there, as an alternative to the french Alps.... Anyone recommend a search area... I was thinking of around Bled as it seemed reasonably central to a few areas. But, I have not researched that much so am open to any feedback from anyone in the know...

Thx for any help.....
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The resorts are pretty small compared to France and Austria and you will only really be satisfied if you are a begginer or timid intermediate. Snow reliability is not great except at Kanin-Bovec. However is a nice little countryand much cheaper then France. As for buying there, well its not as cheap as maybe you would think, and establishing who owns property can be a nightmare. IMHO Carinthia in the south of Austria represents better value, has better ski areas and better overall infrastructure. Sure someone will be along shortly with more info!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
AlpineAddict, I sometimes work with a Slovenian lady whose family are still out there. They go skiing in either Italy or Switzerland for the reasons Jim gives above.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
AlpineAddict, there was another thread on Slovenia: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1029388, hope it helps!

There isn't much skiing at Bled itself, the Vogel and Kobla ski areas are best accessed from Bohinjska Bistrica or some of the villages nearby.

IMHO I would want to think carefully before making property investments at this stage of the business cycle, in a lot of E.Europe credit is contracting at an alarming rate, not sure about the particular situation in Slovenia, do your own research about where prices are heading.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thx for the advice folks..... The place looks an amazing country, but I think the fact that the resorts are so small will eventually win over as far as an investment oportunity is concerned. Still.... no harm in going out there for a long weekend and seeing what all the fuss is about Smile

Thx again
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
AlpineAddict, it's a nice place, you will enjoy it.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
First off, Vogel and Kanin aren't really that small and secondly, there are tons of options for untouched backcountry lines. Snow reliability can become an issue due to elevation, but storms collide from the north sea and mediteranean creating some of the largest dumps relative to elevation in the world. its a beautiful country, with friendly people, and its not saturated like most of europes snowsport scene. I'd buy property near Vogel or Bovec (Kanin) in a heartbeat. Summer is great as well.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
peakseason wrote:
I'd buy property near Vogel or Bovec (Kanin) in a heartbeat.

So, why haven't you then? (honest question)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
........and the answer might be of use to the OP.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well Luigi, I suppose its because I've sacrificed financial well-being for the love of riding around the planet for the past 25 years of my existence on this planet. Had I been concerned with owning pieces of land instead of riding on them with my board, then maybe I'd have that little plot of property along the Soca river.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
peakseason, sounds like you made the right choice! Why confine yourself to sliding in one spot forever more, when there's a whole world of mountains out there to explore! Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy