Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

CHILDREN IN NEED - Famous Painting for sale ... SOLD

Poster: A snowHead
Regretably, the Government is unable to provide Arts Council grant funding, to enable my most famous painting, “Cottage at Chatain” .. Laughing (Or as JB calls it .. ‘Hiroshima’ rolling eyes ) ... to be purchased and retained by the nation. It was felt that the financial cost would be too high..... sob .. sob ... Sad

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Children-in-Need-Original-Oils-Cottage-at-Chatain_W0QQitemZ220309225699QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220309225699&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Thus, I have decided that the Nation must be given the opportunity to have its own say in the matter and to have the opportunity to purchase this ‘unique’ piece of art ... before it's lost abroad ... Toofy Grin

It's a bit of a laugh .... and hopefully it might make a few pounds for Children in Need .... Very Happy

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 16-11-08 16:10; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
CommanderC. I notice a typo in your post above. I presume you meant "lost overboard"
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BernardC, Could this be the start of an Ebay bidding war? Laughing
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've been outbid already! Consulting my bank manager tomorrow Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Haha, I'm in the lead Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
U Were NehNeh
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
FenlandSkier, Not any more... wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well I'm now the high bidder.

God knows why though Shocked But it's all for charidee.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 12-11-08 12:52; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
..... when I look at that 'Sun' now, .. I realise I should have opted for a better class of wine .... Toofy Grin
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
BernardC, But that's my favourite part Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tis a Tres Jollie offering - mt bid will be winging its way....
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Good work, but have you considered running a counter-auction to save the Nation from it?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
DuckWhistle, come on then and make your bid - otherwise I may end up owning BernardC's masterpiece Shocked ( wink )
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jonpim wrote:
CommanderC. I notice a typo in your post above. I presume you meant "lost overboard"

I also presumed that a typo had occured - Children in need.....of painting lessons Toofy Grin
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bump.

I'm still the highest bidder. Is anyone else going to up the ante, or will I have to live with the consequences of my rash fit of enthusiasm? rolling eyes
ski holidays
Well my bid was outbid straightaway - someone wants this really badly - am I missing something?
snow conditions
DuckWhistle, £35.01 and it's yours Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 brian
brian
DuckWhistle, e-bay autobidding.
snow report
BRIANC - Its not the autobidding - its the fact that someone (JMDOHANLON?) wants it that badly? No offence meant BERNARD!!!!!
snow report
DuckWhistle, As I said earlier:
jmdohanlon wrote:
But it's all for charidee.

So a bit of generosity is in order. Surely you don't think I'd stump up that amount of dosh normally. Shocked
snow conditions
jmdohanlon wrote:
DuckWhistle, As I said earlier:
jmdohanlon wrote:
But it's all for charidee.

So a bit of generosity is in order. Surely you don't think I'd stump up that amount of dosh normally. Shocked
Well I think BernardC's inner artist must be feeling quite hurt by that comment Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
Hmm... maybe. But even BernardC himself has taken a tilt at his own creation within this thread and the eBay description - so I didn''t think he's mind some ribbing.

In the end though, I am putting my money where my mouth is.

I'll reveal the plan I have in mind. Should I win the auction I'll pay and was going to offer BernardC that he keeps his painting should he so desire. That way it's winners all round and the root cause of benefitting Children in Need is still met.

P.S. I actually quite like the painting and its cheerful-ness.
snow report
Bump.... in a good cause! Very Happy
latest report
jmdohanlon wrote:

I'll reveal the plan I have in mind. Should I win the auction I'll pay and was going to offer BernardC that he keeps his painting should he so desire. That way it's winners all round and the root cause of benefitting Children in Need is still met.

.... what a cunning plan ..... I suppose thus it could be offered to the nation each year ..... the Tate will no doubt wish to display it in the interim .... Laughing
snow report
So this is now an auction where we raise as much money as possible in order to encourage BernardC to keep it? Toofy Grin Love it!! Laughing Laughing
latest report
BernardC, Laughing Laughing

It's your creation and no doubt close to your heart, so why should you have to give it away so that CIN get some dosh?

BTW - I'd suggest Tate Modern for the loan, give them a bell on 020 7887 8888 to arrange.
snow conditions
Well the 'e' hammer has fallen .... and reverberations are felt throught the Nation.

Will the Masterpiece go whither, or thither .... I know not ...... as I am not yet aquainted with the mysterious buyer ..... It remains a sad possibility though, that the painting will go abroad ... perhaps to Russia or some other foreign country ...

...the Nation holds its collective breath and prays ... Laughing

Whilst the selling price was modest, a remarkable amount of people paid hansomely for the right NOT to own this creation, Laughing but to unselfishly save it for the Nation ... Toofy Grin

... and I must say I am a bit staggered to find that the total donation to Children in Need will be just a tad under £4,000 ..... Very Happy

Incidentally, if the 'Buyer' turns out to be a snowHead, or other Art lover, who wishes the painting to remain at the disposal of the Nation and to be auctioned again next year, the Tate Modern will keep the masterpiece for the intervening year .... Very Happy
snow conditions
BernardC, do I understand your last post correctly?
A number of people paid a total of £4,000 for the right NOT to own this creation? Wonderful. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BernardC wrote:
..... a remarkable amount of people paid hansomely for the right NOT to own this creation, Laughing but to unselfishly save it for the Nation ... Toofy Grin

Very Happy

Jonpim, .... you have 'Selective Interpretation Syndrome' .... seek medical: advice .... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
My goodness, that BernardC is clever with his barbed insults.
Do you see what he wrote?
He wrote:
Jonpim, .... you have 'Selective Interpretation Syndrome' .... seek medical: advice
As in "medical colon advice"
What a brilliant way of suggesting i talk a load of shite. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
.... Jonpim, .... Laughing
latest report
Love it, this could only happen on snowHead Laughing
latest report
BernardC wrote:
Will the Masterpiece go whither, or thither .... I know not ...... as I am not yet aquainted with the mysterious buyer ..... It remains a sad possibility though, that the painting will go abroad ... perhaps to Russia or some other foreign country ...

Winning bidder states their location as 'Ireland', so I guess that will be the painings destination. BernardC, have you bidding using a sock puppet of yours to make sure you keep it?

I missed the end of the aution rolling eyes so didn't get the chance to consider upping my bid beyond the £35 limit I had set. In compensation, I've made a donation of that amount directly to CIN, so everyone is a winner. Very Happy
snow conditions
jmdohanlon wrote:
Winning bidder states their location as 'Ireland'
I'm relieved to hear the painting won't be leaving the country (actually, I'm more relieved to hear it won't be entering mine Toofy Grin )

Can we look forwards to next year's Allo Allo inspired "The fallen Linds with the big ski boots"?
snow report
Thanks ... jmdohanlon, ...

The Painting is going to the Republic of Ireland and I hope there won't be Customs difficulties at the boarder, with massive value added taxes to pay ..... Laughing

It is a private buyer, so I imagine it won't be available for auction again next year. The Tate Modern were really going to keep it for the year. It would have been a laugh, but still ....

.... and one never knows .... if the painting is hanging for long enough in the buyers house, they may consider returning it ... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Total, including jmdohanlon,'s donation is £3,716 .... and I bet those donors are breathing a big sigh of relief ...

.... Though Rob@rar, has inspired me with the suggestion of a ... 'snowscape' .... Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy