Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to set bindings for riding in powder?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all.

In the past when there has been some decent snow to ride in i've set my rear binding back one setting to keep my weight further back and the nose of the board out of the snow. I was talking to someone the other day who reckons he sets both bindings back.

Which is the correct way to do it? or is it just personal preferance?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Both for me, keeps the same stance width that I am happy with, otherwise it would seem a bit strange
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Rayscoops Do you find it a bit hard to turn with all your weight on the back? I guess having my stance wider can make it harder to turn to.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Same as rayscoops. I found just putting them back one screw hole worked to make it good for powder as well as normal piste riding. Helps as well if your board is a directional plank with a bit more nose than tail.
Have a 166 board that I had the bindings set right back on – great for floating on pow but an absolute killer to turn on normal pistes - I had the turning circle of an oil tanker!! Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Illicit, If you've a fat board you don't need to do anything but most of us knock both bindings back a notch if we know we're going to spend the day in the fluff.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Illicit, i think turning is just a different technique in pow and you need to be aggressive and have sharp turns or just surf gradual change in direction - none of this putting an edge in and letting the board side-cut do the work ! An entire day in pow would be worth putting the bindings back, cutting between pistes and finding some pow - probably best to lean right back, but I have a fairly wide stance so i think I am slightly back foot biased with my setting anyway.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the input. Looks like La Plagne is expecting a lot of snow this week and a decent dump saturday night (40cms) so i might be able give the 'two bindings back' method a go.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
surely both back ......if not you change the stance(the distance of your feet ......s) so your balance change......but sometimes for do it quickly we move just one.......but the right way is both.....

Ps don't worry it is my job!!!I dont write something wrong just for joke....
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy