Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

womens specific skis.

Poster: A snowHead
Recommendations please for womens specific skis. One of the most important considerations being weight.
Mrs O had a couple of shoulder operations last year and isn't briiliant when it comes to toting skis around. skis reds and blacks ok. Probably 80-90% on piste and she normally skis 146-150cm. Cheers.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
george owen, I hate to say it, but I must..........Does she have good/properly fitted boots?
What ski brands are available to you, in your area?

My recommendation is to get good boots, then demo some skis.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
might be worth looking at a ski sling\carrier..can't remember the make but one that you can convert from over sholuder to handle etc. does make it a lot easier to carry skis over mid distances..(hotel to lift )

as for skis if you can demo, try K2 buring Luv\lotta Luv, Head Great one or mayeb scott maya
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://www.movementskis.com/pages/index_products.html

Thes guys make lighter skis that don't lose the performance

Speak to these guys..

http://www.noblecustom.co.uk/
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
papasmurf wrote:
as for skis if you can demo, try K2 buring Luv\lotta Luv, Head Great one or mayeb scott maya

The Burnin' Luvs are about as heavy as you can get though! Otherwise I'd recommend them (seeing as I have a pair, & really like them snowHead ). I'd second the Scott Maya, although I'd probably go a bit longer than 146-150, unless Mrs O is really tiny...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Not Volkl's Tigersharks. Weigh a ton, have a permanently bruised shoulder all season.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
K2's are definitely heavy, if she is mainly on piste how about the Elan Wave Magics?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Scott Mayas are definitely light especially with a light set of bindings attached (that's one of the reasons I bought them for my wife, the other two being: 1. The colour matches her jacket and 2. I had delaminated one of her Volkl Attiva's with a too-hot iron rolling eyes )
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Helen Beaumont, It has to be said though that even those aren't overly light - I wouldn't want to lug mine a huge distance LOL
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Megamum, lighter than my MissDemeanors though. wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Try volkl attiva series - seemed quite light when I rented then in Vail last season ....... or was that just my wallet after paying for them?? Laughing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SnowHot, yes, she has her own boots and custom insoles. (done at Nevada sports-Tignes)

JT, I have looked at the Noble site. They've got a load of gear in their clearance section but i can't tell if the prices all include bindings.

Jo225, She's only 5' 2" in her ski boots Shocked

Nick L, The Scott Mayas look to be winning thus far. We'll have to see if we can find a demo set somewhere.

I know from my own experience that skis can vary greatly in weight. A couple of years back i swapped some rental skis that i didn't think were running too well.The guy in the shop changed the skis with very little fuss and off i went. He gave me some nearly new K2 thingys (forget the model) and the first surprise i got was when i picked them up. They weighed a ton Shocked
The next surprise i got was when i let them go on the home run down Trolles into Tignes. In the past i'd be lucky if i got within a few yards of the top of the up ramp. Not so this time. I shot straight across the town square (place du lac), parting the crowd like the red sea before
turning right at the old Palfour lift and almost making it back to the now defunct Red Lion Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I know nothing about skis but I am a first class wimp when it comes to carrying them around. Get a skiweb thing. It'll be worth it Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
george owen, they have some Scott Mayas in a 155 in Ellis Brigham at Tamworth Snowdome. I'd expect they are on demo at other EB or S&R shops elsewhere.

I wanted to try them today but was teaching all day, which is how I know. Have to have a go on them some other time Sad
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm interested in this question too. Carrying skis is a problem for me - not shoulders so much, but hands, because of some arthritis. I have 155 Wave Magics, which are neither very heavy nor very light, but super skis. But they should be 160cm (long story) and I am sort of in the market for something else. I did once use some Stocklis (can't remember which, I'm afraid), on easiski's recommendation, which were hugely heavy to carry but super on the feet, and if having that weight is the only way to really cut through the crud, I think I'd be willing to go heavier.

george owen, maybe you could carry them for her? My OH is very kind about carrying mine when my hands are sore. He says it helps make up for the fact that he does at most 10% of the driving on the way back and forth to the Alps. wink
ski holidays
pam w, I'm quite easy to spot when i'm walking to/from the hotel etc. I'm the guy with a pair of skis on each shoulder Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
george owen wrote:
pam w, I'm quite easy to spot when i'm walking to/from the hotel etc. I'm the guy with a pair of skis on each shoulder Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Quit your crying. At least you have a girl who wants to ski with you. Many men would love to have that problem. Smile
ski holidays
Mr docsquid carries my skis for me because of the breathing problems I have at altitude. In return he gets to ski for much longer as he doesn't have to constantly wait for me to struggle up a hill taking a breather every few yards!

I would say that Volkl skis tend to come up rather heavy - I have three pairs and they are all pretty heavy. However they do ski very well indeed, and the attiva series is lighter than the equivalent mens' skis.
latest report
My wife has a pair of Head Cool Thangs, which are extremely light. Re-named Cool Ones this year.
ski holidays
george owen, Mrs O tried the Wave Magics last year and thought they where lovley and they where practically feather weight compared to the K2 Phat Luv's
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy