Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

what's the biggest you'd drop?

Poster: A snowHead
Since it's (still) very quiet at work, i've been able to sit and browse youtube skiing videos, where i stumbled across a guy called hugo harisson. Now, he may be famous, but i'd never heard of him. I like his style. Although he does big drops, they seem more about skiing than just throwing yourself off a cliff with skis on. It got me thinking about how far i'd be prepared to drop with skis on. I'd say max about 20ft into a big bowl of powder.

How far would you go?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I once jumped 1m off os chair lift in Zurs that had stopped due to a power cut in the region. Does that count? Puzzled
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Q - what's the biggest you'd drop?

A- My trollies
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman, Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Don't know what the biggest drop I've done would be, it's lost in my teenage years I suspect, but I (inadvertently, it was snowing heavily at the time) dropped off the roof of a small hut last year. Would've been about 8 feet I guess. That seemed fairly big when my knees unexpectedly whacked me in the chin. wink Managed to recover and ski on though, quite proud of that one actually. Cool

I would say 20 feet looks like a lot more when you're at the top looking down ! I've seal launched a kayak from about 15 ft and found it quite adrenalin (amongst other things) inducing. Confused
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Does falling count?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I get vertigo on some moguls, so not much is the answer.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Three mega dots, but as above, not since my teens. Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
brian, i've kayaked a lot and know what you mean about 15ft seeming big. Still managed to through myself down a 70ft waterfall in the alps though and regularly about 35ft here.

biggest i've done on skis is about 10ft, but i think if the snow at the bottom was nice and soft and fluffy i would do more.

falling does count thefatcontroller, a drop is a drop!

some folk will find this boring but there's a recession on and i have nothing to do but talk about snow on here, or play poker on facebook!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Right now? 5ft.. I wouldn't just huck myself off a cliff hoping all goes well.. I'd need to be confident in that I can land the drop without kneeing myself in the face.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
That depends on the landing. 20' onto a nicely-inclined slope is a lot better than 4' onto a cat track for example
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
about 2 stone.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
http://www.facebook.com/notifications.php#/photo.php?pid=1571088&id=41881479362
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, not seen that view of it. Jesus..

Biggest done maybe about 20. Put knees into face off a double about 10 foot each.. Biggest depending on landing maybe 25/30 but it is a whole differnet ball game when ytou are up there looking donw!
latest report
 brian
brian
shoogly, 70 ft Shocked respect.
snow report
Depends on the run out... but since I have crushed two discs on silly jumps and I didn't land either, I'd probably not much be interested anymore.
ski holidays
last time I tried I landed on my heAD- 20 feet is a long way
snow report
Now? I'm a big wussy when it comes to drops...

When I was young and didn't think about the possibility of breaking every bone in my body...the bigger the better!
snow report
big drops, not for me guv, think I'll stick to the blue's cruize and shoot some lines in the bar after...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
10 feet but tell everyone it was 16 feet Toofy Grin Well that would be how far my head travelled after all...
latest report
parlor wrote:
Three mega dots, but as above, not since my teens. Evil or Very Mad
Another mis-spent youth! Three purple ones in my case Cool
snow report
About 6 inches
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy