Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The best ski school/instructor in Saalbach

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Other than non-specific references to "a really good ski school" and another post from 2005 that refers to a "good school at the base of the Schattberg X-press" (um, there are four ski schools in that vicinity!), there's no info on snowHeads on recommended ski school/s in Saalbach.

Does anyone have any updated info on the resort's ski schools, or a particular instructor? Since my German is pretty much non-existant, English instruction is a must.

I've looked at several Saalbacj ski school sites but there's not much info about accreditation or technique. Some shedding of light is sorely needed!
easySki
Wolfgang Zink - anyone heard of this chap?
Snow Academy - looks like a large operation but this is not necessarily a good thing. They offer a technique involving 3 sizes of skis, starting with really short skis, moving to longer skis as you progress
Fürstauer - the only one that states English instruction is available
Hans Hinterholzer - former member of the Austrian national team

Edited pesky typo from the title Embarassed
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Zero-G, My better-half had private lessons from the Hans Hinterholzer ski-school and was not impressed at all: her instructor's english was quite poor, she was left in tears as the instructor was pushing her way beyond her comfort level . Can't comment on the other sorry.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Louis, I'll steer clear of the HH school then!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
2012 update.

There are 4 ski schools in Saalbach village.

The two large schools are Snowacademy and Fürstauer - more than 60 instructors each at peak times, good for group lessons and good kids programmes. Both have a number of British instructors, as well as Scandinavian, Austrian and Dutch instructors who teach in excellent English. Hinterholzer merged with Fürstauer at the start of this season.

The two smaller ski schools (10-12 instructors) are EasySki and Zink. Both focus on private lessons. Zink in particular has a reputation for well-qualified instructors and for running flexible programmes to suit their clients needs. Both have English-speaking instructors.

If you are staying down the valley, Heugenhauser is based in Vorderglemm. Small school, international instructors.

Further up the valley, Hinterglemm has its own schools - Snow & Fun and Ski Activ.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy