Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arinsal Cheapie

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have a week booked for Selva in January and are on the hunt for a real cheapie in March.

Can get to St Gothard in Arinsal for <£400.00 incl H/B, Lift Pass and ski hire. Great deal, but would Arinsal bore me? What is Pal like? Any good day trips within range?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have said to Mrs Monkfish that I couldnt imagine going back to Arinsal now I have learned to ski, but for £400 all in I could

Pal is slightly more interesting than Arinsal but still limited

Arcalis is a bus ride away and covered on the lift pass (assuming the free one is Vall Nord?) ...not been but heard good things
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Monkfish,

That's the dilema. I know the resort is limited in terms of milage, but loads of folk here say milage ain't anything. If the snow was good and Pal was interesting it might be worth a punt. The free lift pass covers Arcalis too. Even the likes of Soldeau is around £150.00 more per person.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
johnboy, You have got 3 resorts to ski in the week on the same lift pass, and you could even head over to Grandvalira for a day if you wanted. The free bus up to the lifts and over to Arcalis stop right outside the hotel too. Arinsal is the smallest of the 3 vallnord resorts, and is linked by gondola to Pal, but it is the better place to stay. The nightlife is a lot better, if a little walk up the hill, and the St. gothard is a nice place to stay. Of course I am biased, seeing as I work there!! Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
freestyleandy,

Cool, what do you work at?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have been to Arcalis from Arinsal using public transport. It is not particularly convenient. A change of bus was involved. Arcalis is not a huge area, though it is quite well-regarded. I did feel sorry for a couple from Botswana would had flown in for a holiday in Arcalis on some Diner's Club special offer. Not much to do there after a few days and they did not even have a direct flight to Spain.

You could get an add-on ski safari that offers Soldeu etc but that adds to the expense; as does car hire if you want to do your own thing.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
johnboy, I'd echo the suggestion of Arcalis - more challenging, but not vast. I appreciate that it might add more to the cost, in which case you could look elsewhere, but when I went with the SO (her first trip) we hired a car. Meant I could also get to Pal (link was closed due to poor snow cover) easily. Sounds like a cracking deal - C4 teletext yesterday had Christmas week 3* HB F & T for £259 Shocked
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you can get the same deal @ Soldeu for £150 more personally I would pay it, its still a pretty good deal and a significantly better place to ski imo
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
johnboy, I teach skiing in the ski school in Arinsal, and work in one of the bars too. And the lady works in the ski school in Arcalis! That where my bias comes from Laughing Laughing

I think its a good base if you want to explore a bit and the free bus to Arcalis was direct last year IFRC, so you didn't have to change in La Massana. And if the link between Arinsal and Pal is closed for any reason, you can just get the free bus to La Massana and take the gondola up to Pal from there.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
For me Arclais is the best ski area in Andorra. I was over there last year on a press trip and whilst not the biggest, it for me had the best snow and a real feel of wilderness about it, especially over toward La Coma. Limited it is and with a transfer each day, it has its drawbacks but I was genuinely impressed by it.

matt
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
johnboy, I LOVE Arinsal, been there 3 times and skied it 10 times over but its a cute LITTLE village. GREAT fun though. St Gothard is where is stayed first time I went there and its lovely. Rammed full of Irish people
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
johnboy wrote:
but would Arinsal bore me?
Come on, haven't you heard the song ? "Boring, Boring Arinsal!" (I'll get me coat) Laughing
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
For £400 all in, it's a great deal to go to Arinsal for the week. The skiing in Arinsal might get boring after a day or two, but you've got Pal which has some lovely wide runs and some great wooded areas. Definately head over to Arcalis though - should be the same this year with free bus directly from St Gothard to Arcalis.

Arinsal is a great village to stay in with really good nightlife. I've worked there the past three years and going back again this winter. If you've not already booked your rentals (if they don't come as part of the deal) have a look ay www.arinsal.co.uk where you can get 30% off your rental equipment from St Moritz who have three rental shops in the village.

Steve
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy