Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dave Rocket Ryding making an Excellent start to the season

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Congrats to Dave Ryding - excellent result

http://www.fis-ski.com/uk/604/610.html?sector=AL&raceid=57731

So who should get the World Cup starts ?? Alain or Dave ??
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
And 2 top 20 results in indoor europa cup races in the last couple of days for Dave as well...

http://www.fis-ski.com/uk/604/610.html?sector=AL&raceid=54406

http://www.fis-ski.com/uk/604/610.html?sector=AL&raceid=55608

Think he is putting together the results at the right level now to certainly deserve a WC start sometime soon.... Very Happy tough call cos I'm also a big fan of the highlander and no doubt they want to give him every chance to make it to one last olympics... really we need the boys to make it high enough up the rankings so we can have another start spot!! Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
vivski, how many people are allowed on the WC circuit at any time? is it by country or just your FIS ranking or ???
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skimottaret, You can download the quota documents here.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skimottaret, basically, as far as I can tell from reading the rule book, each nation gets 1 automatic place and then you can get additional places if you have people ranked in the top 60 on the world cup start list, which we don't Sad you also have to have less than a certain number of FIS points to be allowed to compete (< or = 120 for slalom). Max per country is 9 Shocked only used fully by Austria and Switzerland I would imagine......
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ah, beaten to it Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
vivski, I think the ranking cutoff is top 100, you can see the numbers from each country below this in the Continental Cup list.

There was one WC last season where both Alain and Noel were injured but David's ranking wasn't low enough for him to be able to take up the place.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rjs, thanks, kinda confusing but in broad terms if I read it correctly it sounds like for FIS events every country gets 1 entry with more depending on whether they host events. roughly 200 racers eligible for FIS level events like the Europa cup circuit...

WC is a mixture of 1 entry per country (if they have less than 120 FIS points) plus additional ones depending on results, with around 60 athletes at any one time eligible to compete.

If say Chemmy has qualified by points why dont we put another lady with sub 120 points in the GS? Is it money?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skimottaret wrote:
If say Chemmy has qualified by points why dont we put another lady with sub 120 points in the GS? Is it money?

Our next best GS racer is Louise Thomas but she is only ranked at 490 on the current list. She has better points than a couple of racers from Soelden but there is a big jump in standard to the racers with start numbers in the mid 60s. One of those with slightly worse points was 9.5s slower than Tanja Poutiainen, the other didn't finish the first run.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rjs, do over 60 start a WC race? surprised they dont stick her in just for the experience...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
should also give a mention to Andy Noble who was 6th in today's indoor EC race in which Dave was 18th Very Happy Very Happy

skimottaret, I guess the feeling is that all experience isn't necessarily good experience - if she is going to be as far behind as the people rjs, mentioned raced at Soelden then that could actually be really demoralising or detrimental to her progress.....
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
vivski, is Europa cup the same as FIS race?

fair enough on Louise i guess i just assumed that the powers that be would field as big a team as possible at WC level..
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skimottaret, no, Europa cup is the level below WC, FIS race is basically the first level of international competition.

I don't think they will put people in at WC level that aren't quite ready for it - apart from potentially being a bit demoralising it is a dangerous sport as we all know so no point in risking someone at a level they won't quite be up to - especially considering they'd have the worst conditions with high start numbers. But I'm sure Louise will get a shot at WC in the future once she has developed a bit further - she certainly seems to be the next rising star on the women's side!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy