Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

November European Skiing!

Poster: A snowHead
Hello everyone!

I'm looking for a bit of help arranging a couple of nights skiing somewhere in Europe from London (Gatwick, Heathrow or Stansted) towards the end of November. I am departing for an around the world year long adventure on the 4th December which means I could go two years without a decent ski break unless I can find something for the end of November anytime from 17th-22nd Sad .

I have heard about weekend ski deals and even rumours of a one day ski break for £99 but I can’t seem to find any info online anywhere. All the sites I go to don’t even allow bookings to be made for November which makes the task of finding somewhere even harder!

So does anyone have any ideas on where to ski and where to book? Has anyone been anywhere in November that they would recommend? Has anyone heard of this allusive one day £99 ski trip or did I dream it?

Thanks all.

Esteban snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Somebody will be along soon to point out that the first European resort to open this year is in Scotland - Lecht - and it opened in October.

Otherwise, I suspect you will be directed to a resort with a glacier - Tignes probably the best (which is where I was sent last year during November, and had a great time - the snow was admittedly exceptionally good).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for that - May I ask how you booked Tignes as I can't seem to find a website that will do any November deals! I've also just been checking out Stubai Glacier which looks good. Has anyone ever been?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
1. Tignes.
2. Zermatt.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeah Tignes or Zermatt

think edge2edge or someone is doing ski test 3 day holidays at tignes before the season proper for cheapish

a year long round the worlds trip that doesn't include skiing...theres always snow somewhere in the world year round tsk! Razz
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Tignes test holiday: http://www.skiandboardcamp.com/ There are snowheads on this.

>>year long trip no skiing...

Wasn't there somebody in the Financial Times who was going to ski somewhere different, on EVERY day of the year?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ha ha! There are places but on a limited budget and considering I will be with 3 non-skiers I just don't think it will happen. If it does it will be in NZ which would be great! Cheers for your help guys. Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snovember? A personal favourite Cool

Got my first 2 powder days in November last year - haven't decided whether I'm going to try for a repeat this year yet...

Glaciers are definitely the way to go (unless you get very lucky). I've heard good things about Saas Fee but haven't been. I'd also recommend Stubai, which you can get to easily from Innsbruck and Solden as well (though harder to get to unless you've got a car).

Have fun!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Esteban, I'd go for Stubai or Zermatt - no trouble by public transport. Fly to Geneva for Zermatt and Inssbruck for Stubai. Otherwise Soldern (hochsoldern had a WC race last weekend and is a nice glacier) - gues you'd also fly to Innsbruck for that one too. Tignes is very 'new' and it would be nice to have some atmosphere. Very Happy

You could ski on the sand dunes of north africa ... all sorts of places to ski in the world - have fun. Persuade your mates to start skiing! Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Whitegold wrote:
1. Tignes.
2. Zermatt.

There would likely be more skiing at Hintertux than either of the two named above.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Esteban, Cervinia - got to be! open now with great snow and easy and cheap from LDN STN!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Esteban, Last year I went to Saas Fee at the end of November and had great conditions, skiing right back to the village. Hotel was easy to book through the Saas Fee website and very cheap at that time of year. I flew to Geneva and took train and poste bus to Saas Fee. Not a great amount of skiing for a longer period but for a couple of days it's good.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks all.

New question - has anyone here actually booked a ski break for November? What's the best way to do it?

Every tour operator Iglu, Cristal etc tell me they don't do breaks until December. Does anyone know if there are any operators that do November breaks?

Cheers.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kaprun.

Go independently.

Fly to Salzburg (Ryanair from Stansted have regular flights). Hire a car and away you go.

Stay at any number of places simply contact that the Tourist Office at Kaprun (http://en.kitzsteinhorn.at/information/accommodation.htm).

No need to use a travel operator.

Esteban - to answer your question, I went to Kaprun last year for 3 days in November following the massive dump of snow they had early November 2007 (approx. 2m in little over a week).

Cheers,
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Agreed - I'd have thought you'd be very unlikely to find a Tour Op doing trips this early...they won't even have finished recruiting yet.

Look for some flights (Salzburg, Innsbruck, Friedrichshafen, Zurich, Geneva, etc...) and then hire a car or look up public transport (if latter, I think the swiss/austrian resorts tend to work better).
latest report
Quote:

has anyone here actually booked a ski break for November?

Esteban, as noted above, quite a few of us have already had a ski break - highly recommended - in Tignes. See James the Last's link to the ski and board camp. It's a really good value few days, and apart from booking yourself a flight to fit in with their transfers, it's all done for you. The big operators won't have started yet because practically nothing is open this early.
snow conditions
pam w wrote:
Quote:

has anyone here actually booked a ski break for November?

Esteban, as noted above, quite a few of us have already had a ski break - highly recommended - in Tignes. See James the Last's link to the ski and board camp. It's a really good value few days, and apart from booking yourself a flight to fit in with their transfers, it's all done for you. The big operators won't have started yet because practically nothing is open this early.
I have decided that Tignes will definitely be the destination and I'm trying to find accomdation now. I have been in touch with the ski/board camp which is fantastic value for money however they don't have availability for 6 people or any of the dates we can do Confused .

As I'm quite new to this non-packaged malarkey I'm just a little apprehensive! I just hope we'll be safe hiring ski equipement, buying lift passes etc once we get there!
latest report
You'll be fine with ski hire and lift passes etc, as soon as you've tried doing it independently once you'll never go back to package holidays and if you do definitely not to buying tour operators ski packs - rubbish gear and terrible value.
ski holidays
Hintertux or Stubai would be my two of choice. End of November can swing either way though, a lot of resorts were open last November and had excellent powder. November before that was poo-poo!!

Stubai has about 45km of skiing open at the moment, pretty good!!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy