Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Why, why, WHY....Spyder stuff is so ugly!! Why would you buy it?

Poster: A snowHead
Hurtle wrote:
What a bunch of fashion victims! rolling eyes

Bogner Fartbag.............I rest my case. wink Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
johnnyh wrote:
Ii have a spyder jacket and its the best jacket I've ever owned
So sorry people you're all wrong! I bought it after trying a lot of different jackets. Quality is excellent and it looked better than all the other makes.
FFS you see every one in north face gear which they sell in millets. Who wears that stuff? Peter storm that's who!

Nobody has said here that the quality of Spyder stuff is poor AFAICS. Everyone has different opinions about what they like and don't like. Some people like fluffy collars on their jackets. Like I said a few times here, it comes down to personal preference most of the time on what people choose to buy, if they like it they like it, if they don't they don't.

Millets don't stock TNF as a full range AFAIK. They stock Berghaus and Peter Storm most of the time. Peter Storm is Millets' own brand. They do have some TNF stuff admittedly but it is the low end stuff in the range (the stuff chavs buy as street wear wink ) the TNF jackets they stock are not technical jackets found elsewhere, they stock things like soft shells which can be worn as mid layers, they might do a Triclimate I expect which could be worn for skiing and they stock things like the very thin jackets which you could wear everyday like a jacket just to keep the rain off, things like that. You wouldn't find a TNF Freethinker like the one Spyderman is wearing in the photo above in Millets, or I'd be very surprised if they did have it put it that way. Like I say they have the lower end stuff for walking, general outdoorsy stuff IMV. The whole of BASI have got the TNF Freethinker, so it must be alright. Besides you see loads of people in resort wearing Spyder as well so it seems to be equally as "common" these days, same as Columbia, Helly Hansen etc etc.

Spyderman they seemed to go down well with BASI for the uniform didn't they? From speaking to a few of the Trainers myself they were happy with theirs anyway, it still seems to be popular now, are they getting something different for uniform this season from Salomon because the equipment offer is with them do you know?
I like the red one. Did you find yours good? Try not to be biased towards your fave in your response...... wink This is the first shell I've had and like I said I'm really happy with it so far. It's got very deep pockets hasn't it, not that I keep hardly anything in mine mind you. Very Happy I found it to be surprisingly warm though even with the same amount of layers underneath as with the ex insulated one. Very Happy

You look very dashing in your red one wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PMSL. 3 pages of a couple of ski geeks defending Spyder. BWWWAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Spyder. All of it. Even the name, they use Spiders in the logo but it has a Y in it. Y?

Best left to people who wear sunglasses with their helmets. Razz Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
parlor, lmao Laughing Laughing Laughing says the man, who probably has permanent goggle lines wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
parlor wrote:
Best left to people who wear sunglasses with their helmets. Razz Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

The Helmet and sunglasses combination has never worked.
Besides, if you have decent sunglasses you still get panda eye's.

I have to agree I have yet to see any Spyder gear that I would buy.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
OK, so which brands are considered 'super-naff'? I'll kick off with Goldwin, you reckon Spyder is Gaudy, take a look at Goldwin. rolling eyes Fat, cigar chompimg Italians love it!

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 6-11-08 8:06; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Good question, and conversely which brands are cool but affordable (for mere mortals like me Spyder is definitely not!)...?

Not that I'm one to follow fashion anyway...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pheonix.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Best left to people who wear sunglasses with their helmets.

Oh good grief, is that another fashion faux pas? I can't keep up.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lizzard, apparently so . . . though personally, I like to feel the breeze on my face and wearing both goggles and a helmet, there's not much left being exposed. Of course, in bad conditions I am more than happy with my gogs/helmet combo. Though I must admit sunnies and helmet is not a good look, but it just feels so much better Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
*IncogSkiSno*, exactly my view. I can't get over the fact that all the fashion victims on here are blokes!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm not surprised that the ones complaining about "fashion victims" are whinging old ladies. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
parlor, that's not a very nice thing to say about Hurtle.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
parlor, Posts of the week .... ! ROFLMAO !! Very Happy Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
parlorAgenterre, , Evil or Very Mad

Lizzard, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
*IncogSkiSno*, par for the course.
ski holidays
parlor, thanks a lot!!

You know perfectly well that I mostly wear sunnies with a helmet. Prescription lenses though.

Last time I invite you for a killing session....
ski holidays
TNF and Arcteryx.... FFFFF EVERYONE wears it... Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
Burton and Oakley for the win. Anything else is a bit...well...derivitive...
ski holidays
FastEddie, Burton's chief designer now works for Spyder.
ski holidays
parlor wrote:

Spyder. All of it. Even the name, they use Spiders in the logo but it has a Y in it. Y?

Because the guy who set up Spyder named his company after the Ferrari Spyder. Don't you know nuffink rolling eyes wink Laughing
ski holidays
I have Spyder coaches bibs - because they have nice fat knee pads for kneeling in the snow Twisted Evil

I have arcteryx shells and TNF down vest and kathmandu and no-name goretex shell pants and gondwana fleece and outdoor research fleeces and Hestra gloves...

I buy after checking things like fabric specs and looking at the garment for my needs....

Generally I'd not buy Spyder because as an Aussie a shell that is waterproof and very breathable is important to me and I don't see Spyder meeting this at a suitable price compared to other makers....

My no-name gortex pants are >10 years old and still waterproof (although the DWR is trashed in high wear areas so breathability in rain is poor now)... ($99 on sale)
My Mont jacket lasted 10 years ($300 at factory IIRC)
Most of my arcteryx stuff I picked up at 50% off end of season...

Hestra make the best gloves I have found to keep my hands warm and dry - so I stick with that...

I feel that the windproof layer in the spyder bibs is lacking - they are warm as they are heavily insulated but wind seems to sneak in especially in leg area.... They suit the purpose they were bought for but have not made me a spyder fan....
latest report
parlor wrote:

I wear a Helmet because it's safer, I wear Googles in inclement weather, Sunglasses in good weather. And your point is?
snow report
Spyderman, I'm with you on that one... never got the snobbery of those who look down on wearing sunglasses with helmets... if you wear sunglasses without a helmet why is it so uncool to wear them with a helmet on..... ps i dont shred the gnar, huck cliffs or hang out in snow parks so what do i know... Laughing
latest report
Spyderman, the point is that you are a fashion disaster in your overpriced arachnid-infested clothing and your shade-and-helmet combo. Have you no idea at all? You must rush out immediately and buy a whole new wardrobe sporting the word of the minute. And take the specs off. Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Spyderman, hey man, I'm not the one trying to justify Spyder. (Listen to Sarco the Lizzard, she speak the truth).

rungsp, surely you're exempt from this because you have a couple of very nice jackets? Wink

Actually, the beautiful and very talented Mrs P wears glasses with her helmet. Shocked It's just one of those funny things. She looks hot in shades and a lid, but I know for a fact she would rather skin herself then wear the hilarious Spyder gear - there is NO excuse for it. It gets worn because it looks fast and is expensive, just look at some Japanesse tourists.

Random Spyder Wearer wrote:
It's warm.

So is my £75 HH (real) down jacket from the local sport shop.

It's dry.

So are my £50 pants from TK Maxx.

It lasts for ages.

Not as long as my leather Salomon gloves from '88. They're so old school with the big S on them that Salomon have started using the S again.

ANY ski clothing that makes you look fast, you know the stuff. Goldwin, Syder, Pheonix and a load of other cheap copies, with patches, shiny bits, belts etc etc. is just WRONG and needs to be destroyed.

Can we have a word from the king of the tuning bench, Mr Spyderjon, who is no longer found in (much) Spyder gear and should in fact change his name to Vistjon...
latest report
Spyderman, that red jacket's really nice! Much prefer it. But I quite like the one of you in your racing gear too. Or at least, I like the legs (a lot). The suit's rubbish but you rise above it, so to speak.
snow report
parlor, Laughing Laughing "Cause its warm and dry" and only costs £700 doesnt work, does it.... Evil or Very Mad Goldwin now that is saddo gear... Also gotta say that seeing dudes >40 who live in offices 50 weeks a year wearing studded belts and trousers round their knees looks pretty sad...

I nearly cried when my old sally gloves finally died... The two layers of gaffer tape finally fell to bits...

I have to say I did finally upgrade my old NF yellow and black "scot schmidt" jacket as i was getting so much sh*t about looking an 80's pisteur from chamonix Embarassed

Definately something hot about women with nice sunglasses in the mountains... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It still lives: The North Face of Mount Gaper.

Please people. Stop buying this crap and people will stop making it. (This should probably be posted on Epic ski, stupid Americans.)
snow report
parlor, My point about Spyder is not all of their stuff is the Jap tourist stuff. I don't wear that. You mentioned Vist, now there's a brand that plasters their logo in massive letters all over their gear. As regards to Spyder being expensive, all I can say is NPR
ski holidays
This is another one of those threads where people have to ask what to wear so they can seem cool.... like the glove, helmet, et al threads...FFS..!! and where they can post exactly what they wear in exactly what temps.. Laughing Laughing

This place might be mine of info but if you have to come on here and post banal crap like that, then ......jesus... how much do you like the sound of your own voice..??

If someone is completely new to the sport then there are some helpful threads on here without all the posturing....

Keep this going for gold... Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
JT, Laughing
snow conditions
What a boring thread, typical British jealousy/hate/envy of the guy with the better or more expensive car/house/job/skiwear etc...

Get a life wink
latest report
In my opinion, Dainese is better spec'd than Spyder and Co. and a shed load cooler. BTW I used to sell Spyder.
latest report
JT, i have said snowHead 's is getting boring.. how bout starting a thread on the differences in carabiners Laughing
snow report
skimottaret, screwgates
ski holidays
skimottaret, HMS
snow report
Who needs 'biners when you have these:

Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
parlor wrote:

Can we have a word from the king of the tuning bench, Mr Spyderjon, who is no longer found in (much) Spyder gear and should in fact change his name to Vistjon...

I can see why you're such a fan of VIST, it's so understated and subtle, it's really hard to tell what brand it is even(from about 2 miles away) Laughing
Photobucket
snow report
Spyderman, me? mwwaahhhh. Me no likey italiano...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy