Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Why, why, WHY....Spyder stuff is so ugly!! Why would you buy it?

Poster: A snowHead
Got some all leather gloves this summer from Their Las Vegas outlet, Mrs Psycho got a soft shell and various other items, none of it gaudy and all as cheap as chips!
There are other brands available and their popularity can go down as well as up (standard disclaimer alert).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Schuss in Boots, that red outfit was in fact a separate jacket and tousers. The jacket had two zips running from the hem to the top of the collar so that you could remove the whole front panel, a particularly pointless feature for which I found no use whatsoever. Tragically I think the whole lot went to Oxfam sometime in the late 80s.

In my defence I should point out that I was about 19 when I bought it. What's your excuse? Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lizzard wrote:

Does this mean I have to throw mine out? Shame, I had banked on it lasting the next 10 years.

Lizzard wrote:
jb1970, no idea what this 'wicking' business is all about - none of my clothes do it, whatever it is. .

No doubt it will; I see quite a few from the mid-80s still in good shape in thrift shops.

Quote:

What has the correct image this week then?

Black Diamond. $44 at the local Costco.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
comprex, you mean it ought to 'wick' at the moment, but won't in 10 years time? I look forward to spotting the big difference. Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lizzard wrote:
...What's your excuse? Laughing

Ummmmm.... I type in Braille? Embarassed I obviously have no taste, but I quite liked it and somebody suggested that investing in brown ski pants wouldn't be a bad idea... Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Schuss in Boots, да
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lizzard wrote:
comprex, you mean it ought to 'wick' at the moment,

Not at all, I quite take your word on it that it doesn't.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
comprex, should it? It keeps me dry, if that counts.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lizzard, no idea; what vintage is it? TNF has gone through quite a few phases.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Schuss in Boots wrote:
So is it wrong of me to like this then? Confused

uuurrghh I have to agree with Lizzard !

I'm surprised it doesn't come with a matching doggy carrier . . . now that would be interesting given the size of your boys. Shocked Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Schuss in Boots, That's yuk, it's for women in Courchevel with Rats for Dogs, who can't ski and just sit around posing.
Look at the Venom http://www.spyder.com/Venom-Collection/ or Big Mountain stuff. http://www.spyder.com/Big-Mountain-Collection/
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Spyderman, I think it's very cute.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Spyderman,

Quote:

it's for women in Courchevel with Rats for Dogs, who can't ski and just sit around posing.

Laughing Laughing there are plenty of folk all over the Tarentaise without dogs even who sit around sunbathing and posing on mountain cafe terraces. Courchevel is certainly one of the places to see lots of them though. Laughing

Which jacket and salopettes have you gone for for this year then? Is it on the website somewhere?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
VolklAttivaS5, This one: http://www.spyder.com/Mens-Shell-Jackets/Powder-Shell-Jacket-2012.html Green Jacket with Black Pants
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Spyderman, that one is a hell of a lot more subtle than some of their stuff on the website with the big spider with the keyhole logos all over it and webs, spidery things and stuff. Actually you wouldn't tell it was Spyder straight away just by looking at it. Not from the front anyway I expect the logo is quite small on the back as well is it?

I like green.
snow report
At least its belt is round the waist, many I looked at the other week seemed to have a hipster belt which is soooo unflattering Schuss in Boots,
snow report
Spyderman, ooh won't lose you then when playing follow/copy me Toofy Grin
ski holidays
VolklAttivaS5, As I said their range is huge. You don't have to have the brash logos. It does have Spyder tags on the zips and a small Spyder transfer, no bigger than anything from the likes of TNF
ski holidays
Spyderman, yes I was imagining the logo on the back of yours would be about the same size as TNF ones on the back of their stuff.
snow report
My Spyder jacket.. Click for big size.

P1012275
snow report
Schuss in Boots, Your gloves don't match Shocked Or the poles

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 5-11-08 21:54; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
VolklAttivaS5, So have I changed your mind about Spyder then?
ski holidays
I have a Spyder jacket. It keeps me dry and warm and has loads of pockets to stuff things in, and it was affordable when I bought it.

Is it the best? I don't know but it seems to do the job.

Is it ugly? I don't care as I can't see it when I'm wearing it.

Is it stylish? Even if it was it would't look stylish on me.
ski holidays
Spyderman,
Quote:

I have something new every year

Shocked
ski holidays
Spyderman, hmm something's not right here http://www.spyder.com/Big-Mountain-Collection/ why is there less choice for women ? I've noticed that in skis too - WE WANT MORE CHOICE ! Sad
snow report
Last years one:
Photobucket
snow conditions
Kitty's one this year: Photobucket
ski holidays
Actually, it's not the gear that's ugly afterall . . .
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ooh you added the one of kitty just as I posted that Laughing I wasn't referring to kitty in the above post.
latest report
*IncogSkiSno*, Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
*IncogSkiSno* wrote:
Actually, it's not the gear that's ugly afterall . . .

You're right Laughing
Photobucket
latest report
So Spyder is out and Eider and Arcteryx are in? I'm so out of touch with snow fashion. My skiwear is six years old and I couldn't even tell you the label. Snigger... Very Happy
snow conditions
Oh my God....BRIGHT RED BOOTS...several sets I see !!! Why the hell are we discussing Spyder, when there are people wearing huge blocks of red plastic - that look like something from the early learning centre - on their feet. WHY WHY WHY Puzzled

Sorry - pet hate of mine. BLACK - everything has to be black - boots, pants, trousers, gloves, lid - helps with the Milk Tray deliveries

snow conditions
beeryletcher,
Quote:
Oh my God....BRIGHT RED BOOTS...several sets I see !!! Why the hell are we discussing Spyder, when there are people wearing huge blocks of red plastic - that look like something from the early learning centre - on their feet. WHY WHY WHY

Fit and performance dictates Boot selection. You can blame the colour choice for the Raptors on Bode Miller (Red ones are faster Toofy Grin ) soom to be replaced as they leak by the new and improved Dark Grey ones. Very Happy

As far as I'm aware I'm only wearing one set Puzzled
ski holidays
Spyderman wrote:
VolklAttivaS5, So have I changed your mind about Spyder then?

Well, yours is as I say much more subtle that most of them because it doesn't shriek "Spyder" as soon as you look at it....however, I still wouldn't consider buying Spyder for myself having had a good look through the range for women only because:-

Having converted to a shell earlier on this year I would never go back to an insulated jacket ever again, Spyder only do one shell for women in complete black with a big spider on the front of it (the Bolt) AFAICS and that jacket technically hasn't got anything my TNF shell hasn't got. Plus I don't like it anyway.

This shell I've got is the 3rd jacket I've had, I started off with a much cheaper insulated TNF one which was very good for what I wanted it for at the time and I was very happy with it for a couple of seasons. It didn't wear out but I just fancied a change as you do, I sold it on ebay and bought another TNF in a different colour design just because I was happy with the first one, and literally just after I bought it then I saw this top end shell I liked in the sales so I got that one as well and I'd never go back now, so I'm happy with what I've got. I've kept the second one just as a spare just in case, you never know, it's hardly worth flogging it on anyway, so I thought I'd just keep it. Very Happy

If I was going to get another shell in the future, I'd probably go TNF again just because I've found this shell to be brilliant and am really happy with it (I won't bore you with the features) I'd have a look at some different brands as well probably Mountain Equipment and Arcteryx plus some others, I don't do the fuchsia thing though so I'd have to have a good look through the Arcteryx range of shells. Very Happy

It comes down to personal preference I suppose, I just don't like the spider with the lock thing going on, some people might say they don't like the TNF emblem/transfer and don't like the fact that TNF has a street presence so it's all each to their own.....

That was a most comprehensive reply to your question wasn't it! But I didn't want to say just "No". Laughing
snow conditions
VolklAttivaS5, I've got a TNF Free Thinker Shell too. The Black Spyder jacket above is a Lined Shell. You're right about the Women's Spyder Jackets, for some reason they don't offer the women's versions of the men's shell jackets without insulation, maybe it's to keep you girlies toastie.
Photobucket
snow report
Ii have a spyder jacket and its the best jacket I've ever owned
So sorry people you're all wrong! I bought it after trying a lot of different jackets. Quality is excellent and it looked better than all the other makes.
FFS you see every one in north face gear which they sell in millets. Who wears that stuff? Peter storm that's who!
ski holidays
Whitegold wins 'post of the year' Smile Smile
ski holidays
What a bunch of fashion victims! rolling eyes
snow conditions
Whitegold wrote:
Spyder is for losers.

You tell him Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Photobucket
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy