Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kids Helmets (again)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm currently looking for a helmet for Junior. Not an easy task to be honest as he has a very round head - like a character from southpark.

Anyway what are the differences between "kids" helmets and "adult" helmets.

I see in Switzerland a lot of the kids helmets have soft sides - the French shops I spoke to said I should get a helmet where the hard shell wraps over the side of the head.

Most of the shops stock about 300 types of adult helmet and only 1 or 2 types of kids helmets. It seems like the wrong way around to me.

Any other helmet advice?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
davidof, I took two kids helmet shopping at the show last weekend - we looked at loads of them. My little one also has the head from Southpark so I do sympathise. Most of the helmets for kids are of the fully enclosed type - these fit my daughter but not my younger son (age 6). However, we did discover a 'Head' helmet with soft sides for children - I don't know which model it was, but the one in the display was bright red. It was a really good fit, and a soft sided helmet may be your only option. There are not many around, but have a look at Head as a manufacturer - they were the only make we tried on him that fitted.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We have used protec and RED helmets for kids which are not fully enclosed. The Boeri & giro ones we have seen have been fully enclosed. And shape of head is important for choice - and our kids have different shaped heads - our 6 year old has the same issue as yours. If your kids have heads the size of ours they can get into adult ones quite quickly too.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
OK another kids helmet question... what is the smallest size I can get? How young are we talking here?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My son and daughter were trying on helmets both at 52cm, but what was the right shape for her didn't fit him.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Finally settled on a 54cm Dianese, I know them from motorbiking and it seems like a good helmet.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy