Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hokkaido Snow 2008/09

Poster: A snowHead
Wednesday 29 October 2008
Grand Hirafu, Niseko Resort Area

Started snowing on Monday. Down to village level this morning.

Hiked to 1,000m for my first turns of the season. From nothing to knee deep powder. There were pockets of pow up to 64cm deep.

Was able to ski back to approx. 500m

Barely a scratch on the skis Smile

First day of this season is 20 days earlier than last season

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 22-11-08 10:14; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tuesday 04 November 2008

Better late than never Wink

Went to bed last night and it was puking wet, heavy glop at village level. Went to bed with a smile on my face.

Woke to the sound of the snow sliding off the roof of my cabin and somewhat clear skies.

Walked to the Ace Family area and then onwards and upwards to the 1,000m hut for my second day of the season.

5cm of snow at the base of the hill soon became boot top and knee deep as I ascended higher.

Blowing a gale at 1,000m but this will only help fill in the cracks between the Sasa.

Nasty little windpacked crust mixed with a frozen crust on the convex rollovers on Center Course. Won't be an issue avalanche wise as it looks like it's concentrated to the piste areas. They'll soon be bashed and all mixed in.

Skied Center Course and bounced along at a fair lick. Sinking in to boot top with the occasional pocket of knee deep.

Snow was much more solid and packed (the wind) than last week. Depth was between 40 and 80cm at 1,000m with approx. 20-25 cm over night.

Got to the Ace Hill and met up with local photographer Glen Claydon.

Did about 10 laps off Ace Hill to the base of the King Triple lift.

Glen Claydon Image

Glen Claydon Image

And then headed home. Was hoping to get down about half way before having to bootpack the remainder back to the Alpen Hotel, but the morning's snowfall combined with the wind created a base solid enough to support my bulk all the way to the bottom of the hill.

Glen Claydon Image

Happy days.

Still snowing now, with more forecast tonight.

Happier days ahead Smile

Over and out.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 22-11-08 10:15; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Make the most of it.

Only about seven months until the end of the season Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wednesday 05 November 2008

Stopped snowing mid-evening and got much colder than of late. Clear sky promised bluebird turns for today.

And there were. If you could get out of bed early enough. One lucky soul did and had glorious turns on aplenglow snow.

Glen and I set off around 7:45 in the am and each step upwards the sky became darker.

Yesterday's tracks had disappeared, with a consistent 10-15cm of new snow over the mountain.

Hiked to the top of the Swinging Monkey chair and skied the bottom part of Jumbo. Best turns of the day. Snow was still powdery.

Below Ace Hill the snow became spongy, wet and slow.

Still if we don't get rain today or tomorrow as forecast then it will make a great base.

Glen Claydon just below Ace Hill

Glen about half way down

Glen into the finalish stretch

Me in the goldfish bowl (fisheye lens)

Me later in that sequence

Glen and I. Another great morning in Hirafu.

Day off tomorrow.

Due to snow again Friday and through the weekend.

Stay tuned. Very Happy

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sat 22-11-08 10:19; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I hate you wink Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Excellent Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thursday 06 November 2008

Rained from yesterday afternoon through to the early hours of this morning. Torrential at times.

Woke to glorious sunshine and Indian Summer temperatures.

Reminded me of my forays into the snow back home in Wales. One day it's there, the next it's not.

Hard to believe Glen and I made turns on the hill yesterday.

Perfect day for a day off snow.

Snow forecast for the weekend. And more importantly colder temps.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sat 22-11-08 10:18; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
great stoke, keep it coming from Nihon
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
i must get out there some day soon Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Oh what a shame the last days rain, but at least you did some turns before!! Nice news, keep us informed!! Some day I'll ski there.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mike Pow,

Great early season stuff, always enjoyable
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Saturday 08 November 2008

Started snowing around 5ish last night.

Coming down pretty good but very small 'flake' size.

The village is covered this morning (2-5cm) but temps have risen and there is melting going on.

Still snowing as I write, but not enough to make turns.

Maybe tomorrow snowHead

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Sat 22-11-08 10:19; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sunday 09 November 2008

Cold, damp, grey, miserable day in Hirafu. Rain not snow.

Typical Sunday in Wales Sad

The snow from earlier in the week is all but gone between the village to the top of Ace Quad. Above that is in the clouds so no idea.

Warm temps and sporadic rain forecast through to next Friday.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Sat 22-11-08 10:20; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Monday 10 November 2008

Much nicer day today.

Sunny, windy, dry, colder.

No snow below the top of Ace Quad. A little above.

Yotei seems to have fared better with the rain and milder temps.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Sat 22-11-08 10:20; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Autumn has returned to the Niseko Resort Area with no opportunity to make turns on the hill or on Mt Yotei.

The coverage on Yotei looks impressive, but I was caught out twice last winter hiking up with my skis only to hike back down without making any turns. Twice bitten, thrice shy.

We've had some beautiful sunrises and sunsets as the temps have cooled and the air has cleared.

After three days hiking the hill and making turns the wait for more snow was killing me.

A crew from the Niseko area headed up to Sounkyo last weekend for the opening of the Kurodake Ropeway and the opening of Black Mountain Lodge.

Black Mountain Lodge
Blog

But with the promise of clear skies the following week, Glen and I cooled our heels in Hirafu and headed up this past Wednesday morning (the 12th).

The 5hr drive up from Hirafu passed quickly, especially when we started to see more and more snow on the side of the road and blanketing the peaks in the distance.

This part of Hokkaido has mountains, not hills, and it was great to have that sense of being in the alpine again.

On the way to Sounkyo we took a detour to check out a little known gem in the area, Kitaitaisetsu Ski Area

Kitataisetsu Ski Area

There was a healthy covering of snow top to bottom and this unassuming mountain is must visit when it opens in early December.

We rolled into Sounkyo around sunset and headed to the Ginga and Ryusei Waterfalls about a click out of town.

It was colder than a witch's tit with the waterfall and river frozen in many places.

Sounkyo
Kurodake Ropeway

We did Sounkyo large and stayed at the Hotel Taisetsu overlooking the mountain and the town centre. Shared tatami room (boiling hot) with buffet breakfast (decent) and all you can eat Viking buffet dinner (excellent) for 8,000 yen.

We were the only two non-Japanese staying at the hotel and the youngest by about 15 years. There were about 500 guests from Honshu on a bus tour of Hokkaido. The bonus was a live entertainment in the lobby from what appeared to be a famous Japanese artiste singing along to a backing tape. She had the very appreciative crowd in the palm of her hands as she sang and glided through the group shaking hands and having photos taken. This was followed by bingo.

The onsen in the hotel are spectacular, especially the open air one on the 7th floor looking up to Kurodake peak. At night it was illuminated by moonglow and in the morning by alpenglow. Very civilised.

Hotel Taisetsu

We left the hotel before 8am with the walls of the gorge bathed in the early sunlight.

Caught the second tram up and with the feeling that the clouds could roll in at any moment headed straight to the double chair and then the hike up to the 1984m Kurodake Peak.

Our prize the 'Grinch' like off angle face and gully below.

The hike took about 90 mins with only the odd waist deep wallow.

Glen Claydon hiking to the summit of Daisetsuzan Kurodake

Some great views on the way up of the terrain between Kurodake and Asahidake, at 2290m the highest peak in the Daisetsuzan Mountain Range and on Hokkaido.

After the obligatory summit shots it was time to drop in.

The snow was windblown in parts with a 15-20cm breakable crust and boot top dry powder in others.

The pitch was consistent and steepish, high 30s, and fast.

MikePow skiing from the summit of Daisetsuzan Kurodake

Unknown riding from the summit of Daisetsuzan Kurodake

Glen Calydon riding from the summit of Daisetsuzan Kurodake

Some excellent terrain up there that will be spectacular in waist deep pow.

The coverage below the top of the Ropeway was thin so we decided to head back to the groomed area beside the chairlift. But when conditions allow the run from the peak to the town will be epic. 1314m of vert from wide open bowl to tight, technical trees.

Can't wait.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sat 15-11-08 10:17; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Mike Pow, Can't understand why you didn't take that job working for somoene for nothing in Switzerland Toofy Grin Laughing
ski holidays
Ha ha Laughing
snow report
8 weeks to go! cannot wait
snow report
great pics!
latest report
Thursday 20 November 2008

24 at the door.

24cm in the past 24 hrs at MQ in the St Moritz / Kabayama area of Hirafu at an altitude of approx. 250m

Cold, dry pow.

Set off from the cabin at 8:15 and got to Ace Hill at 10.

At least 50cm all over the mountain with continual snowfall since 8 this morning.

Ace Hill down to the start of the Kokutai Course was less than epic. It entailed me straight lining and poling and travelling about 1 km per day. The bottom third of the descent wasn't much better.

But the filling in the sandwich - the turns on Kokutai Course - was powtastic. Boot top to mid-thigh with legit chest and face shots. Superlight.

My uptrack was barely visible as I made my way to the Alpen Hotel.

Spoke with patrol and they were very non-commital about Saturday's proposed opening. If the wheels do turn, then downloading on the Ace Quad will be the order of the day. They were roping off everything below Ace Hill as I dropped in.

By the time I got back to the cabin it was time to shovel again. At least 10cm had fallen in the time I was out.

No sign of this letting up, so expect 1 to 1.5m on the ground come opening day.

No pics sorry. Me, myself and I and it was dumping the whole time.

Big Thursday Very Happy

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sat 22-11-08 10:22; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Mike Pow, some amazing pics here........looking forward to your reports Cool
snow conditions
Meanwhile here on Honshu we got about 70cm yesterday on the upper slopes of Zao(Yamagata Prefecture) where the 1979 Interski was held......for those of you who know what Interski is and can remember that far back! 2 lifts were open. Today, Friday, it has continued snowing so more lifts should be open tomorrow for the long weekend.....3 days of powder, yeah snowHead Here at sea level we had a couple of cm yesterday. Hope your big Alpine Dump arrives folks!
snow report
Great to read that Mac46.

Will be heading down at some stage this winter

Friday 21 November 2008

27 at the door.

27cm in the past 24 hrs at MQ.

Heavier snow, but not by much.

Tried to ski Niseko Village this morning. There was a rumour that it was getting the jump on Grand Hirafu. Unfortunately not. Opportunity knocked and no one answered. Story of this town unfortunately.

Set off from the base of the Ace Quad around 8:45 and called it quits just below Ace Hill. It was deep and heavy boot packing up. Up to 80cm depth in parts. Average of 60cm.

But the sun came out for a while which was rather special.

"He'll be coming round the mountain when he comes..."

Skiing was easier today. More of a base from the heavier snow and the surface snow warming in the sun. Still got some depth though. The benefits of being a bigger unit. But not flying everywhere like it did yesterday.

But since I got back in around lunchtime, there's been a steady fall of big flaked light snow coming down.

Could be pretty enjoyable tomorrow for opening day.

It's just a pity that if they do open, then the best terrain will not be available.

If they don't open then they deserve to handcuffed to a wee wee pot. No excuse.

Might have to invest in a helmet cam for all these solo hikes I do.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sat 22-11-08 10:23; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Saturday 22 November 2008

11cm in the past 24 hrs at MQ.

Friday evening was rocking in Hirafu for the first time in ages.

Niseko Pizza had its 'official' opening party in the early afternoon that soon became the late evening.

Then it was on to a nomi houdai (all you can drink) at Apres Bar. 1,500 yen :smile:

And then back down the hill to Jam Bar's opening night after refurbishment. Another nomi houdai, this time free, gratis and for nothing

OPENING DAY FOR GRAND HIRAFU SKI AREA

Plans to get first chair went out of the window when I woke at 7:45 and I got to the bottom of the Ace Quad just as Glen was being whisked up the hill on first chair. Good effort son.

It was odd to ride the chair after hiking these past weeks and to see tracks plural as opposed to my solitary line on the mountain.

I honestly didn't think we'd have opening day earlier in the week, and I'm still amazed that 3 solid days of snowfall was all it took to get the lifts turning.

I picked up my season pass yesterday which was a big improvement on the debacle last season when the season pass office opened at 8:20 on opening day Mad

And when I got to the Ace Hill I was met with a very unexpected surprise. Patrol and the grooming crew had opened the hill back down to the base of the quad.

I've been very critical of the Grand Hirafu mountain ops but today they exceeded my expectations. Kudos.

And the conditions?

Best opening day I've had. The snow was deep, light, consistent and with very few people on the hill there was plenty of pow to go round.

Even the sun made an appearance for 15 mins or so.

Rode with Wild Bill's barman Ben Gillespie for the morning and had a blast. It was great to put the laps in.

Ben launching off the summer access road

It's been snowing for most most of the day, so tomorrow's turns should be even better :smile:

That's if Wild Bill's nomi houdai doesn't do too much damage Very Happy
snow report
ii na, wakai kara nomi houdai daijobu desu.......Zao now has 100cm up top and 60cm bottom.....on our scale of S(powder), A,B,C,D we're at A, more lifts opening and tomorrow maybe we can ski 600m vertical. Enjoy your beer, shochu, wine and even the odd whiskey, but respect the sake......it likes to be drunk from the beginning of the evening until you fall asleep wink
snow report
Wise words Mac46.

Wise words Laughing
snow conditions
Sunday 23 November 2008
Annupuri, Niseko Resort Area

26cm in the past 24 hrs at MQ.

Great nomi houdai at Wild Bills. Most of the village was there. Real buzz at the moment. Lots of familiar faces, plenty of new ones too. More ladies in town it seems this winter. Niseko to lose its 'Sausage Fest' reputation? Only time will tell.

Pulled an all nighter after Wild Bills watching the rugby from Europe, so today's turns at Annupuri were less than stellar. Opening day there and there were plenty of good turns to be had. A little windblown in places and a little bare in others, but a solid start to the season. Katsu curry was top notch. Just what the doctor ordered.
snow conditions
Zao has plenty of snow but no punters so very few lifts open and fewer slopes pisted. Excellent snow at 1,350m but the bottom area was grabby snowHead . Official opening is always the first weekend in Dec.......most of the slopeside eateries not open yet, and I refuse to pay 1,300yen for katsu curry up top! Sun came out in the p.m. and it was a pleasure to ski 500m vertical. Early season lift prices until Dec 20. Shared one slope this a.m. with a race camp, mogul camp and some boarders doing great jumps.......remembered why N.Americans accuse Japanese of dangerous skiing....human slaloms can be fun! snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Another great day......access to our 'Wall' was open....fun, fun, fun! about 38degrees(the Wall!) and again excellent snow. The town still looks dead.....autumn guests gone, winter ones yet to arrive....the town tubs(hot springs) are not crowded....lucky early birds snowHead Back to work tomorrow.....ok, my legs need a rest!
snow report
Worth a cheeky trip. Or wait until Feb?
ski holidays
+5cm this morning, but warmer weather in the offing......we are higher than your base in Hokkaido so we can only hope snowHead 1cm in Sendai today....had to clear the tennis court for our lunchtime game. Feb should be better.....we hope!
ski holidays
Cheers Mac46

Monday 24 November 2008 to Thursday 27 November 2008
Asahigaoka Park, Niseko Resort Area

0cm at MQ in this period.

Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday were cold, dry and sunny with hard surface conditions.

Woke early this morning intending to ski but my Spidey Senses were tingling so bailed.

Glad I did. Started pissing down at village level around 11:30.

Still raining, hopefully snowing further up the hill. Can't see it's socked in.

On a lighter and brighter note I was in Kutchan on Tuesday and drove by Asahigaoka Park. Small ski area with a disused ski jump that some brave souls huck their meat off.

Doesn't open until the weekend after next but a few people have hiked it. Cool little area that would be great on a pow day. Super views of Yotei and Kutchan from the top of the lift.

Must be some of the cheapest skiing on Hokkaido too.

100 yen per ride (double chair)
1,000 yen for an 11 ride ticket book
1,500 all day

And a little bird told me that the Katsu-don in the 'day lodge' is the best in Kutchan.

Will get some action pics soon.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 30-11-08 10:38; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Nice.
Just wondering if you could add a short paragraph or PM me on how to get from Tokyo to Niseko on the night train plus how long.
Im in Japan so either heading there or Nagano.
Ta Smile
ski holidays
Sir, Japan has lots of Tourist Offices, not to mention JR Information desks. In the meantime I quote from the snowjapan site I previously suggested you access:

The most popular way to get to the Resorts in Hokkaido, and the quickest, is by flying (from Haneda Airport in Tokyo). Many airlines and travel agents have packages to Hokkaido. There are many flights between Hokkaido and the cities throughout Japan. Japan Airlines (JAL), All Nippon Airways (ANA) and Japan Air Systems (JAS) operate most flights. Although most people arrive at New Chitose International Airport (about 40 km south of Sapporo), other cities such as Asahikawa, Hakodate, Kushiro and Wakkanai in the north also have flights to Tokyo, Osaka and other cities in Honshu.

If you are already in Japan, the quickest way to get to Hokkaido from the Tokyo area is by plane from Haneda Airport. Shin-Chitose airport is 1 hour 30 minutes from Haneda airport in Tokyo, and 2 hours 10 minutes from Itami Airport in Osaka. If you are in a hurry, you can also take one of the many internal flights within Hokkaido that go to cities such as Hakodate, Kushiro and Wakkanai. Flights leave from both New Chitose and Okadama airports, so it’s important to ask when you purchase your ticket. If you are flying out of Okadama airport, the bus ride from Sapporo takes about 25 minutes and costs around 300 yen.

New Chitose Airport
Just a few minutes outside the industrial city of Chitose is the New Chitose International Airport. It takes about 35 minutes by train (limited express) to Sapporo on the JR Chitose line. You can also take a bus to Sapporo in about 70 minutes, to Lake Shikotsu in 45 minutes, Lake Toya in 2 hours and 15 minutes, Noboribetsu Onsen in 70 minutes, and the popular ski resort area of Niseko in about 3 hours. Note: Buses only run to Toya-ko and Noboribetsu Onsen from June to October.

By Bus
Unlike other parts of Japan, Hokkaido’s bus network is far more extensive than the railway system. People often use the buses for long distance traveling, but even the metropolitan buses can be just as fast as the trains. Buses also tend to run more frequently and cost less than taking the train. Keep in mind that buses going to more remote areas of the island don’t run as often, so make sure you check the schedule ahead of time. It can also be difficult (and expensive) to get tickets during peak seasons.

By car
The main roads used for getting to the Niseki is the Sasson Expressway from Sapporo to Otaru and then Route 5 towards Niseko.

I am aware that you want to use your JR Railpass.........might I respectfully suggest you get the information you need directly from JR.
ski holidays
Now back to normal programming Wink

Friday 28 November 2008

What a crappy old day. Cold, raining, grey. Turned the village into an ice rink

Let's move on quickly.

Saturday 29 November 2008

Still 0cm at MQ but at least it was sunny.

Started raining around 4pm and pretty much threw it down all night. Got rid of the ice though Wink

Sunday 30 November 2008

Got to bed around 2 this morning after watching Wales edge Australia in a cracker of a rugby match.

It was still chucking it down with rain as I drifted off to sleep.

Didn't hold out much hope of skiing today, but when I woke to silence and 6cm at the door I started to get excited.

It was snowing hard and back below zero. Not by much, but enough.

Grand Hirafu was deserted and the 6cm at MQ translated to at least double that all over the hill and considerably more where the wind had done its magic.

Blowing a gale at times, dumping hard at others. Even had a few breaks in the weather.

Skied with Glen, Charlie and Jack and once again Grand Hirafu delivered. The transformation on the hill and around the village for relatively little snow never ceases to amaze me.

Next couple of days should be great.

Glen

Glen

Jack

Jack

Jack

October was a treat.

There was a lot to be thankful for in November.

Will December deliver presents by the sack full?

Stay tuned Smile
snow report
And down here on the main island: on Zao yesterday(Sun) we had an icy start because of the sunshine and high temps on Sat. Snow arrived and most of the morning conditions were a little heavy, but in the p.m. temps dropped and conditions improved a lot. Some very nice skiing. We have 120 on top and still 60cm at the base and everything is open. Closer to home a couple of the local areas have opened earlier than usual so there are lots of happy skiers and boarders snowHead Snow is forecast for the weekend........just to please the TV crews up to film the official opening of the Zao ski area. Okazaki-san, the head priest at Zao Onsen Shrine, will bless the slopes and pray for a safe season; ski patrol members will do some formation skiing and the local schoolchildren will follow next dressed in 'anime' characters' suits; finally, and most importantly, sake will be drunk and a 1.8l bottle of this year's brew will be placed in the shrine along with other appropriate gifts.
latest report
Ooooh.

Road trip worthy Mac46?
snow report
Monday 01 December 2008

2cm in the past 24 hrs at MQ

What a glorious morning.

Prior to 10:30 there wasn't a cloud in the sky, not a breath of wind, and the mountain was deserted.

Both the Ace #3 double chair and the King hooded triple were open, unfortunately the hooded shut down after one rotation. But for those of us who managed to get on, it was bloody good.

The view of Jumbo from the King Hooded Triple chair

Unknown rider on Jumbo

Met up with Glen and we got some shots underneath the Ace # 3 chair. The first foray into the sasa and it was good.

Yours truly underneath the Ace # 3 chair

Yours truly underneath the Ace # 3 chair

Then we took a little walk from the 1,000m hut to some stashes in Rinkan

Glen traipsing through the sasa

Glen playing on the pillows

Glen playing on the pillows

Then it was my turn to find some of the deeper stashes that had been accumulating these past couple of days

Yours truly in Rinkan

Yours truly in Rinkan

Yours truly in Rinkan

Yours truly in Rinkan

Hopefully the warmer temps and rain forecast don't do too much damage because it's almost on like donkey kong.
snow conditions
That's sealed it. I'm making my booking ASAP. I'll be out your way in Feb/Mar.

Great Thread!
snow report
Stay there.....you're having a lot more fun......and the ski patrol here will be roping off under-the-lift-areas soon! Japan is still the only place I've had my lift pass taken by ski patrol(Appi under Vista Quad in the trees......mind you there had been a death the week before). We have very little off piste on the Yamagata side of Zao, on the Miyagi side it's better, but short and sweet......and I'm too lazy/old to hike! What skis are you on in those great pics?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy