Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Car Rental in Venice (for skis)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm flying to Venice at Feb half-term and instead of getting the Dolomiti Superstars bus to Arabba we've decided to hire a car instead. This has a couple of advantages, namely we aren't dependent on the bus timetable meaning we can get a half day skiing in on Saturday and also we can visit some other parts of the skipass area we haven't been to that it's to difficult to ski to. However there is one disadvantage in that there will be be four of us and two of us have skis. Any ideas if any car hire company definitely does ski racks from Venice ? We'll probably hire an estate car anyway so perhaps we can dispense with these but then that depends on being guaranteed a particular type of car as I'm sure not all have a 1/3 to 2/3 rear seat split.

Any suggestions or recommendations welcome, especially from those who have actually done this. It appears that unlike many other places, Venice can't guarantee ski rack hire.

Thanks in advance
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dsoutar, every estate car I have hired has had 60/40 seating and/or a ski hatch in the middle armrest.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm off to Arabba in January and have been investigating car hire as the Superstars bus is no good for me (it only runs Saturdays)...

So far i can't find any of the cheaper deals that offer winter tyres, only ski racks and/or ski chains.

hertz do a package called "Skierize" or something spelt similarly! From memory i think this includes tyres, chains and a rack - but is pretty pricey!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dsoutar, be careful driving in Venice - all the roads are flooded.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
magic_hat, tryed to pm you, but you're not on the list. I'm also off to arabba via venice in jan ( arr 16/1 dep 25/1) if either of these dates coincide with yours I'd be happy to share some costs. if you're interested, pm me
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We've done Marco Polo to Selva, superb. A cracking ski holiday with a day in Venice thrown in. We used Europcar as they're tied in with Squeezyjet. Very good, but remember to use Winter diesel when you fill it. We didn't and the Fiat 'Thing' waxed up.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nickH wrote:
magic_hat, tryed to pm you, but you're not on the list. I'm also off to arabba via venice in jan ( arr 16/1 dep 25/1) if either of these dates coincide with yours I'd be happy to share some costs. if you're interested, pm me

Hi... Not sure why the PM thing ain't work.. will investigate.

Cheers for the info, would have been ideal to share a lift but i'm there from the 14th until the 19th for a sort of longish weekend!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
magic_hat, bummer, though perhaps if you're up for a beer over that weekend in Arabba pm me a contact number _ might see you there
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy