Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ladies ski trousers

Poster: A snowHead
Mrs PB skis n a pair of tight fitting elasticky type ski pants quite retro, they are at the end of their useful life and I would like to replace them for Christmas. Not had much luck tracking any down so far, any help would be appreciated. (Have to raise the bar in terms of Christmas presents this year . Last years Aga pan fiasco still brings back painful memories.)
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PsychoBabble, http://www.snowandrock.com/Activity/Ski/Clothing/Pants/Spyder/W+Circuit+Pnt+SPY0270.htm
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PsychoBabble, in my experience (I'm a pretty ordinary size 12, average height) I have to try on quite a few pairs to find a good fit. Just like jeans - you can't really buy them off the shelf for someone else. Some size 12s are made for people with big backsides and small waists, some are hugely baggy round the thighs, some too tight, etc etc. Mrs PB might prefer to go on a shopping trip and try some on. As you're raising the bar, maybe not T K Maxx, though that's usually my first port of call. wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
*IncogSkiSno*, Thanks, I will have to go and make sure it has the right "feel" or could be another quiet Christmas with "cold shoulder" and "sharp tongue" on the menu!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm sure I saw some in my local Tacky Maxx, might be worth a wander down if you have one close by
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
PsychoBabble, served you right though . . . PANS indeed !!! rolling eyes
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
*IncogSkiSno*, those aren't the same thing, I think, as PB is referring to. They are the standard Spyder stretchy but lined/insulated pants of which I have a pair. While they are a great fit, they aren't the stretchy retro type pants. I've been looking for something like that too. There are absolutely none available in the UK. Go to France and there are a lot available but at alarming prices, at least in Courchevel Smile ISTR there were something like that in the S&R or EB catalogue last season made by Prada, but at a silly price.

I'd suggest the best idea is to get them abroad.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
*IncogSkiSno*,
Quote:

PANS
No, 1 Pan! Sad
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My husband once gave me a set of alloy wheels for my XR3i for Christmas - but you men would of course think that was ok? He has NEVER given me pans though..... Be very careful choosing salopettes!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Actually my husband got me a chop-saw for Christmas one year and everybody took the mickey out of him. The thing was, I wanted it. I needed a wood chop-saw with accurate mitre/bevel for wood cutting particularly picture framing.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
docsquid, luckily this year we are skiing in the poor peoples resort of Val D'Isere so I might be able to pick up a bargain, especially with the pound being so strong!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Like many, I despair of ski trousers in particular, especially when most manufacturers seem to think that UK 12-14 = XL and the rest think that women have no waists rolling eyes Would second the idea not to actually give her the trousers, but maybe a home-made voucher "entitling" her to a new pair of her choice at your expense, then take your credit card with you when she tries some on Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Janska, what a thoughtful present, I take it you are still married (to him)?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Janska, wow, you lucky girl you.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
eng_ch, I have tried the "home made voucher " route in the past, it was interpreted as "you couldn't even be botherd getting a proper voucher". How has it lasted this long with a present history like this. As for believing her this year when she said she didn't want anything for her birthday...... Skullie
snow conditions
Yes - 33 years in January!!
ski holidays
Janska, and where is the XR3i?
latest report
Sold the car about 15 years ago and it was still being driven about 5 years ago.
ski holidays
pam w, I should have mentioned she is a TKer and if therewere any to be had she would have snapped them up. You are right about the size thing as well, it has disaster written all over it, too small and "you don't pay attention", too large doesn't bear thinking about.
snow report
PsychoBabble, Laughing My husband once gave me a film for his camera (we were impoverished students at the time). Another time he gave me a book - still in the shop bag - on a bus in London. I pulled it out and looked less than thrilled. He said "I thought you'd be really interested in that!". I told him I was, but he'd given it to me for Christmas (my birthday is in early February....). The woman on the opposite seat on the bus saw the funny side....

I have a pair of nice stretchy black ski pants I bought in France, half price in a sale but still fairly pricey. Can't remember the make.
snow report
Well, I've done OK for Christmas this year as you all know Toofy Grin

Amongst the failures of the ex. present wise was a wheel wrench, a deep fat fryer, a toaster, a coffee machine (all things he wanted) and in the early years I returned from a week away to find that the MIL had been and bought furniture for my front room without my knowledge!! Possibly the best thing I ever got was a wall stapler - now that at least was functional, useful, something that I would use and performed as it was intended to - simple, easy and effective.
snow report
Megamum, You killed him with a wall stapler Puzzled Shocked Puzzled
ski holidays
Scarpa, Well, I can't deny it had the potential to represent a lethal weapon in the wrong hands
latest report
pam w, with an attention span like that I think you married a goldfish! Laughing
Megamum,
Quote:

as you all know

Actually, I've missed it so feel free to share. Ps did he ever manage to free himself from the wall?
snow conditions
Would second the comments on fit by eng_ch, and pam w. It takes a lot of nerve to go to the lovely but thin shop assistant in Ellis Brigham and ask if ANY stock goes above a size 14... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad or a size 16 Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad . Double humiliation. Better get on the rowing machine, give up eating and become tee total for the next few weeks then... Sad

Oh, the 'best' present I ever got was an Oil Filter for a Ford Fiesta mark II [I dreamt of alloys and an XR3i... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ]
ski holidays
MarjMJ, it is just as humiliating to ask if they happen to stock a size 6 (or even a size Cool. You get a look of pity followed by directions to the childrens' department (which is no good as the kiddies' clothes are too short). If it is a bloke they suggest you eat more pies (I do eat pies, lots of them, I'm just thin that's the way I am) or wear a belt.

Mens - fine, you get small, medium, large, extra large and XXL.
Women - God help you if you aren't a size 10 or 12
latest report
docsquid, this is one reason why I habitually buy men's jackets.
ski holidays
So about those pants..... Puzzled
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
docsquid, Yes - got a friend who is in your position. It's just crap. Lizzard, Men's jackets are great, but the sleeves are too long, giving the amusing look of a small child in their dad's coat.

PsychoBabble, it's gone a bit awol...I guess that's what happens when you ask women about clothes Toofy Grin
ski holidays
My uncle once bought his wife a dustbin for Christmas "well, she said we needed one", and couldn't understand why she wasn't speaking to him. He also bought her a frying pan, another year, on the same basis " she said we needed one"...... rolling eyes Laughing
snow conditions
PsychoBabble, are these the very item http://www.skiwearservice.co.uk/index.php?p=prod&prodId=00000254 Puzzled
latest report
Megamum wrote:
Well, I've done OK for Christmas this year as you all know Toofy Grin .

What did you get? More to the point, what did you get, so long before Christmas, that everyone but me knows about Puzzled Where was I Puzzled Laughing
snow report
MarjMJ, good point. However, I have the general physique of a gorilla, so it works for me. Laughing
latest report
The voucher route might work if your nearest ski superstore also happened to be near a nice restaurant that you could buy lunch/dinner in or a theatre/cinema so you make a good day out of the whole thing

and you might want to up the anti from the pants only after all you've got pans to make up for even tho' I know how much Aga pans cost it still doesn't work in terms of Christmas (or birthday) unless specifically requested Smile

I would also endorse all the comments about size and ski pants - there is no relation to the label and the truth and especially if you are a little tall
latest report
Ordinary trousers (eg in M & S) are routinely stocked in different lengths. With ski pants you mostly just have to do trial and error. My friend Dilys, who is vertically challenged but has a grownup sized backside, just spent an entire day with her sewing machine shortening a pair. I'm average height and size 12 but still find I have to try on quite a few to get a decent fit. It must be horrendous if you have special needs. wink
ski holidays
I don't see what's the matter with pans as a present anyway. My Chrizbit list so far consists of crumpet rings, poulrty shears and a garlic keeper.
latest report
PsychoBabble, Anniepen, This should help you....

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=43547&start=40
ski holidays
Lizzard wrote:
docsquid, this is one reason why I habitually buy men's jackets.

On a serious note, what's the advantage to that Puzzled Other than the availability of sizes, obviously.
snow report
Schuss in Boots, they fit and they don't have those stupid belts or furry hoods. Evil or Very Mad

But seriously, what sort of a range is there in women's jackets in a 16? Bog all, I suggest.
latest report
Lizzard, NehNeh .... but point taken Laughing

Reason for asking, was after reading the suggested alternatives to the stupid belt/furry hood disaster, I found I liked the men's jackets much better than the women's and there's more choice. And I have the same problem... although I admit nothing about excess weight... I'm sticking with wide shoulders and back as an excuse... wink How is the fit though? Are they baggy around the waist for example?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy