Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

les gets its new to me

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hello
I am new to all this so please be gentle!!
Im looking for info on Les Gets the main things are;

transfers from geneve
hotel accommadation (not chalets)
apres ski
night life
mountain huts
intermediate skiing

sorry I am posting so many questions on my first post. I have looked in the search facility but didnt get my answers.
We would realy like a central hotel ,is ski in /out possible
hopefully some one will be able to help
thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to Snowheads, molly. There is a great deal of info on Les Gets on the forum, and I haven't been there for a few years, but one thing is that "ski in/out" is really not what Les Gets is about, as it's a "proper little town" in the bottom of the valley, and not very high. But it's also quite small and if you stay in the centre you will have just a short walk to the main lift. There is a small train which runs around between the main side and the Mont Chery side, as it's a bit of a hike in ski boots. There is a nursery slope down in the village, and you can normally ski down if the snow's OK.

Can't help with hotels as we stayed in chalets. The main one is the Mont Chery

http://www.hotelmontchery.com too expensive for us!

it's easy access from Geneva, and there are heaps of taxi firms if you want private transfers - many of them advertise in English on the internet. Apres ski and nightlife are pretty low key (this is France!). The skiing is mostly fairly gentle and undemanding, but you can get to other areas of the Portes du Soleil (easier if you have your own car). It's not exactly full of atmospheric "mountain huts".... in fact, though my memory might be letting me down, I can't think of any! We generally had a snack at one of the restaurants at the top of the main gondola (which you can also drive up to) or ate back at the chalet.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
molly, here's my review of LG from when i went there in March - hope it's of some help:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=908289

We got an all-in holiday so had transfers provided. I think it took just 90 miutes and it just flew - it's a nice journey too.

Why not go on www.lesgets.com to check out accomodation, or look on a search site like www.ifyouski.com to see if there are any deals?

As for nightlife there are some good bars spread around the village, although it's no mega-resort in the same vein as St Anton etc.

Intermediate skiing is amazing - loads of it and there is loads of tree skiing too. It's a great resort Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Can't help with hotels, because I've always stayed there in a chalet. All the best hotels are literally a stone's throw from the bottom lift and you can ski right back to the same point, so ski-in/ski-out isn't really that applicable.

There is at least one thread discussing mountain restaurants somewhere on here, but I can't find it right now (will check again later). I summarised the restaurant thread(s) into the (secret) snowHeads wiki, but that seems to have disappeared Puzzled so it's even more secret now Wink
The ones I recall the most (apart from the collection at top of red bubble) were... La Rosettaz (sp?), Chez Nannon, Le Mouflon, the one at the bottom of Chery Nord, but there's many more.

For intermediate skiing, it's brilliant. If you get bored of the closest local part, you can ski all the way to Champoussin for lunch via Morzine and Avoriaz, and ski all the way back (or just ski back to Avoriaz or Morzine and get bus back if you're running a bit late).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://www.stella-galaxy.com/stella.htm
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
molly,

Welcome to snowHead s

Managed a sneaky day in Les Gets a number of years ago when ''working'' in Geneva rolling eyes

As people have said its a proper little town at the bottom of the valley so is low down although when we were there in Jan it was possible to ski to resort

From memory it was a great resort with plenty of open reds and blues for intermediate skiing Smile

Drive time from Geneva was approx 1 - 1/2 hours and an easy drive at that

Enjoy the site
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
molly, Welcome to Snow Heads snowHead

Les Gets is a lovely place with very pretty scenery, a proper village which has a life all year, nice cafes, restaurants, shops etc and considering it's pretty low, a good snow record. None of the hotels AFAIA are ski in/out, but as others have said, it's all very compact so really not much walking. Apres is based in the bars and restaurants, but there is one club, open until late. It's not San Antonio though! If you want very lively nightlife, it may not be the best choice, but what there is, is friendly, lively and fun. There is a link to transfers in my link below, for a LG based operator, so they know the area well - if you want an idea of cost (GVA is only just over an hour away) you can just do a quote without having to process it
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
For transfers, we used these guys last time we were in the area ... good service and reasonable prices:

www.ski-lifts.com/
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

None of the hotels AFAIA are ski in/out,

Not exactly true - Hotel Crychar and the Christiania to name a couple are on the piste.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ropetow, sorry saw your user name and first thing I thought was 'thank goodness there aren't any of those there' Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
molly, Welcome to snowHead

As above, lesgets.com for where to stay info. There are lots of hotels in the village to choose from, just depends on what you want to spend and when you are going? Some of them will only book week long stays in advance for the peak periods. Mont Chery is like this but too expensive for us too pam w!
There is some lovely self-catering accommodation around, both in the village or within 20 min walk.

Skiing is great for beginners and most intermediates, experts might find it tame.

Lots of mountain restaurants, I've sampled most over the last few years and most are good and reasonably priced.

One nightclub only if that's what you are after but several good bars with good atmosphere

http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/resorts/resortintro.asp?intContactID=44704 might help though think they might have quoted the PDS lift price as I've paid a lot less than that for a season pass for Les Gets/Morzine.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
molly, welcome welcome,

As pam w, says, there isn't much ski in/out - but then, it isn't really very big. I expect the TO site has hotels on a map and many of them will be only a few metres from the lifts.

Re mountain huts, there are a few... Chez Nannon on Nyon plateau can be one of the best rustic spots in the alps. Le Ross'taz does great burgers, chips and pizza kind of lunches. LHoty's is, IMHO over-rated but it's been at least 15 years since I ate there so don't take my word for it, Le Vaffieu at teh top of the Fys chair is very good too.

More info at www.ultimate-ski.com
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks everyone thats very helpfull
we are planning to go late January so looks we will be ok. Ill follow up those leads
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy