Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best place to stay for Sunshine near Banff

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're planning a 3 week trip to BC Feb to March next year. Only skiied Whistler before. As flight arrives in Calgary late pm thought we could spend at least a day here but wonder if anyone has recommendation for place to stay? Will have 4wd so transport no problem. Hope to at least sample Fernie, Red etc. for powder. Any snowheads there around this time?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is no real village at Sunshine, and AFAIK the only local hotel is the Sunshine Inn which is actually on teh slopes, and only accessible via the gondola.

If you don't want to stay there, most people stay in Banff (25 minutes on the bus, probably a little less to drive yourselves).
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you are staying for the evening, stay in Banff town, drive to Sunshine in the morning and head straight to Golden (wherever you are going) after the days skiing. What quality are you looking for? 5*? 4*?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skivor, We will be around as we are also planning a road trip around BC for Feb/March but only two weeks Smile
details
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
yep, would stay in banff and just hop over to Sunshine/Norquay either but bus or use the rental car...

Stayed in the rundlestone lodge both times we stayed there (inc 3 nights on honeymoon) A jacuzzi suite with king bed and fire is very reasonably priced and its a friendly hotel about 15mins easy walk from the centre of the town...

David
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Bones,
Have just confirmed flights out 18 Feb back 9 March. as we've only skiied whistler anxious to sample as much powder as possible. Banff looks good for 2 nights as our flight doesn't arrive calgary until 3.30 pm. after that don't want to commit, although we met a guy from Fernie ar ski show and I think we have to give that a go. I'll keep you updated with our plans. are you going to hire car? I've got a good price on 4wd around £30 per day. Let me know your plans.
cheers
skivorBones,
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skivor, stayed at Canmore Inn, in Canmore a few times. Good value for money
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I can heartily recommend the Inns of Banff - it's on the 'end' of the main road, so a little way from town... but big rooms, plenty of parking, and cheap.
oh, and a lovely outdoor hot-tub on the roof.
If you're feeling flush, the Fairmont is nice too.... worth going for the evening buffet if you're there on a saturday.

make sure you get to Kicking Horse for a day - about 2 hours from Banff, nice drive, awesome skiing!
h.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hamilton wrote:
If you're feeling flush, the Fairmont is nice too.... worth going for the evening buffet if you're there on a saturday.

The buffet is there every evening and well worth it - not too pricey and every type of food you could wish for. You don't have to be staying to eat there.

You do have to be a bit flush - and not have too much baggage wink - if you're staying there. Pricey and small, so I've heard Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you are doing it on the cheap, and book room only the YMCA, just over the bridge were doing breakfast for $6 last year Toofy Grin

Have pmed you, regarding our trip Smile
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The YWCA is seriously not advised, especially not for breakfast...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy