Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dominance, Agression, Power and Fear

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
mark handford, I don't feel I'm stuck on a plateau at the moment, but I most certainly have been in the past. That was because I'd stopped striving to improve (I'd given up on instruction for various reasons) and I didn't have the skills or the understanding to change what I was doing. The result was a week or two per season where I had a fun holiday but always had a sense of frustration that I couldn't ski more of the mountain. I'm never going to be a really good skier, but at the moment I'm on an upward track and I've never had more fun Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mark handford wrote:
The person who is skiing the best is the person having the most fun.

I can't take that at face value - there are far too many people on the mountain who are having an absolute ball but are still a danger to themselves and everyone else. The "necessary" level of technique is surely enough to ensure that you are not a danger and to develop the awareness of the boundary of where your technique will allow you to ski "safely"?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
eng_ch, I agree with you, the comment was made for snowheads, who I hope do not always fit in to the category of the "all the gear no idea".

Unfortunately skiing is not alone when it comes to numpties on the hill, I work for MRT and we are always out for them, climbing is also going the same way, where an indoor climbing wall is just another sport gym, then they head outside on to real rock and mountains with the same lack of awareness and the same matcho attitude of the climbing gym, they too come unstuck and are also ignorant of the safety codes etc.

I sympathise with you as I also live in the mountains, just be thankfull that all tourists dont take there cars over to your area, as its lethal driving round the mountain roads here in tourist season, they either drive in the middle of the road and wont move over leaving us with broken mirrors and scratched wings, or they try to drive like Colin McRae (rip) with the same end results.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar, Glad to hear you passed your plateau. Sad that you may not have found an instructor who was a natural teacher. Sometimes we need mentors and they are totaly different to an instructor. Ive never had much in the way of formal paid for instructionfor skiing ,but prefer to learn from people who are older, wiser and better than me, perhaps Im lucky to have friends that ski very well and have the ability to pass their knowledge on to me in a way I find simple to understand.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mark handford wrote:
rob@rar, Glad to hear you passed your plateau. Sad that you may not have found an instructor who was a natural teacher.

No, I've found a few now. That was the key to getting off my plateau. For me being a better skier = more fun, even if it means sometimes having to do a bit of tedious drills and practice and getting stuck in odd threads here on snowHeads Smile
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar, Well if you have found some damn good instructors I think you had better name them Smile and spread the word, tedious drills Toofy Grin they always seem to be the ones that make my legs scream. I spent 2 days on my last trip in March concentrating on one leg turns, great stuff on my right leg, I could do endless turns untill my leg burnt out, not so on my left leg where 4 or five turns would see me losing balance and putting the other ski down. Bloody tedious drills, but they do help progression.

Now tell me who these good teachers are?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mark handford wrote:

The on-snow instructors I had last season were Phil Smith, Emma Carrick-Anderson (Snoworks ski school), Mark Jones (ICE, Val d'Isere), John Thomas, Ruth Mosely, Euan Wright, Dave Meyer (New Generation), Gareth Roberts (Supreme, Courchevel) and Hugh Monney (BASS, Les Gets). I'd be happy to recommend any of them.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar, Thats great, their names are here for all see and hopefully they will get some extra business from your recommendation. snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rob@rar wrote:
mark handford wrote:

The on-snow instructors I had last season were Phil Smith, Emma Carrick-Anderson (Snoworks ski school), Mark Jones (ICE, Val d'Isere), John Thomas, Ruth Mosely, Euan Wright, Dave Meyer (New Generation), Gareth Roberts (Supreme, Courchevel) and Hugh Monney (BASS, Les Gets). I'd be happy to recommend any of them.

rob@rar, with instructors of that calibre, It is no wonder you eventually got off your ski plateau. You've literally named the creme de la creme of ski teachers!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
S Neal wrote:
rob@rar, with instructors of that calibre, It is no wonder you eventually got off your ski plateau. You've literally named the creme de la creme of ski teachers!

They're all fun to ski with as well Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
S Neal, maybe that's cart before horse, theyre creme de la creme because they help skiers off plateaus?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy