Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

name me 5 boards that are good.

Poster: A snowHead
That is all.

I put forward:
The evil twin
Banana
Ride DH
Custom
Feelgood

Interested to see what others like. Cool
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chalet-board is quite good. I sometimes go half-board tho. Ironing boards are poo-poo, never liked them. Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Prior MFR
Prior Splitboard (Khyber?)
Ride Timeless/Yukon
Volkl Renntiger GS
Some jibbing stick probably
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
K2 Zeplin
LIB Tech Lando Phoenix
Bataleon Goliath
Salomon Sick Stick
Capita Stairmaster (I would have put Evil Twin but you already had it).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
the ice perv, thats only 3, theres the full board and 'don't forget me wash board'
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
fatbob wrote:

Volkl Renntiger GS

dont think for one minute that I dont know what that is. Twisted Evil

New Nitro catalogue arrived today, they are going down the rocker route as well with the Gullwing rocker. looks like one of these { on it's side.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stab wrote:
fatbob wrote:

Volkl Renntiger GS

dont think for one minute that I dont know what that is. Twisted Evil

Its a thing of beauty but it kicks my ass everytime I ride on it.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You are now duly named "Five Boards That Are Good." Arise, sir!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Custom X
Concept UL
Ultralight
Vapor
Howard

I haven't ridden any rocker boards yet.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Any Prior or Never Summer
Option Vinson
Voile Mojo (splitboard)

Salamon bases are the fastest I find. Burton are slow...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
chipboard
plyboard

Sorry, I'll get me coat rolling eyes
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I loved the Nidecker 8000 base, that was really fast.

I haven't ridden my Vapor yet but the new N20 WFO base on some Burton boards has had great reports.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
never summer titan
nidecker megalight
palmer crown
arbor crossbow

ill leave the last space blank
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hah, like the idea of the thread, ashamed about my lack of knowledge on the current crop of boards. So I'll name mine 5 times....

2002/3 Ride Yukon
2002/3 Ride Yukon
2002/3 Ride Yukon
2002/3 Ride Yukon
2002/3 Ride Yukon

hehe... though agree with norris, the Salomons are very quick indeed. I had an '02 168 for piste blasting that was unbeatable!! (normally ride about a 160) and my first 'real' board was a Salomon and got the nickname 'The Board Of Power' from my riding colleagues due to its straightline speed....

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Mon 9-02-09 16:09; edited 3 times in total
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
5 of my favorite rides .
Ride Kink (king of the jib, at least till this season)

Salomon Fastback (No longer manufactured - fastest board iv ever ridden. Solid)

Burton Floater (No longer manufactured - powder king - last used last season Heli in revelstoke and slayed all the new boards on the go)

Ride DH (great all rounder and awesome in the park, great feel)

Burton A sym Air (OLD Skool!! - asymetrical goofy only board. great fun and solid ride. carvetastic)

Beat that Smile
snow conditions
Snow Crazy DEA from Guy Perillat. Best swallow tail powder board EVER !!!
other than that pretty much anything K2 Smile
snow report
High Society Empire

http://www.highsocietyfreeride.com/snowboards_empire.php

That will take some beating...

Also it's sold by a snowHead
snow conditions
norris wrote:

I found the opposite today, burton bases were by far the fastest bases I tried, with salomon coming in last, I suspect their structure is more geared towards wetter snow.
snow report
2004 Burton Idiom - until it got stolen from Tasch railway station 2 Years ago Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad !

Love my current Gnu street banana

Why 5?

Boards are like bikes - you always want 1 more, but can only ride one at a time!
latest report
Not really up with latest stuff but love my two boards

K2 Recon Riser 2006.
Salamon DB 2007

Really liked my mates K2 zepplin 2007.

Tried a few prior boards last year in whistler which were all amazing.
Sadly i'd just bought my salamon otherwise i'd of bought one there and then. - Did buy my GF one tho and she loves it, just couldn't say no to the guy at the factory combined with newly acquired CASI discount i had to buy something Happy.

Would love to have a go on a banana board!
latest report
Jonny luv plums wrote:
norris wrote:

I found the opposite today, burton bases were by far the fastest bases I tried, with salomon coming in last, I suspect their structure is more geared towards wetter snow.

my info, as ever, is based (no pun intended) on the 02/03 season as that's when I did the most riding I've ever done - I had two salomons at that point and they were quicker than the burtons of the time - though that changed if you ever got the base ground - seemed the factory finish (with the dimples) as based on their ski tech of the time, was quick as. Its poss, and more likely probable that Burton's overtaken them now...

Smile

Ride rock though! - swapped with my brother's A board for the afternoon on Tues at Cairngorm and couldn't wait to get my Ride back....
snow report
I am interested in the banana reverse camber technology as brands other than Lib are adopting it.

I loved my Rossignol Levitation, until I got my Ride Timeless (2003 model - the really stiff one). A flying machine. if you rode her with a hangover you got your back bottom kicked. However I have been wimping put last few seasons on a Nitro Suprateam.

To get back to stabs point. The Timeles would be my entry for one of the top 5.
snow report
Fico wrote:
I am interested in the banana reverse camber technology as brands other than Lib are adopting it.

I loved my Rossignol Levitation, until I got my Ride Timeless (2003 model - the really stiff one). A flying machine. if you rode her with a hangover you got your back bottom kicked. However I have been wimping put last few seasons on a Nitro Suprateam.

To get back to stabs point. The Timeles would be my entry for one of the top 5.

Timeless is the same as the Yukon but in non-wide form isn't it?
snow conditions
My Vapor made all but the last 10-15m (the uphill bit just before the exit) of the tunnel at La Plagne, this week. That's a pretty quick base, in my book and very enjoyable when you do it riding past skiers that are skating/polling 50m just to get to the entrance Very Happy
ski holidays
Full
Half
B&B
Chalet
SC
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, the old ones are the best Laughing
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman,

That's a mouthful!
snow report
groan
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DebbiDoesSnow,

Ok OK...it's the end of the week, it's mental at work, it's mental at home...I am tired OK ! rolling eyes

Toofy Grin

And I got the added stress of trying to figure out a way for a mate and myself to sneak out of a B'day party tonight so we can go and watch the rugby in the nearest suitable pub! Shocked Embarassed
snow report
Kruisler, hmmmm lets have a think about this
ski holidays
option 1 - get a mate to call you saying he is nearby and needs a hand jump starting his car. The car would probably take 80+mins to sort as you have to try cleaning spark plugs etc as pushing didnt work...
latest report
option2 - both of you chuck food/beer down yourselves so you have to go home and get changed, but really another mate has a change of clothes for you in the pub, again this will take 80+ mins to do
ski holidays
option 3 - set a fire in the toilets, smoke alarm get pushed, fire brigade turns up, the wives will be too interested ogling the fireman to notice that you & your mate have disappeared looking for the little oiks that you saw running away. This will take 80+ mins
latest report
option 4 - Be man & tell your wife that you don't want to go to a gay birthday party as you want to go and watch the very important historic rugby match and that you will be along as soon as its finished wink
snow conditions
Quote:

Be man & tell your wife

you should know me by now! Toofy Grin

I am printing all the rest! Laughing
ski holidays
hahahahaha good luck !
you down the pub & turning up later has got to be better than you moping & sulking into your beer whilst furiously texting friends for updates
ski holidays
DebbiDoesSnow,

my saving grace might be that the husband of the b'day girl is an ex rugby team-mate... We're hoping for inside help! Toofy Grin
snow report
wtf has whatever you 2 are banging on about have anything to do with good boards?

I wish I called this thread 5 boards you would buy as that is what I was after. Off to zurich monday to some ispo thing, putting my blag hat on for some 2010 test boards to keep.
snow conditions
Jonny luv plums, jeez your a stroppy bollox, the wife got you on rations ? Laughing
snow report
DebbiDoesSnow, I just had eleventy million dutch to deal with. It's going to take a while to get over that. By far the worst week of the season. And I twatted my neck again today Sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy