Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whos going where thread

Poster: A snowHead
edmundf, You reckon? I bet most of the posters are closet pervs Laughing
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DebbiDoesSnow,

Dare I ask if you're any closer to happiness?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kruisler, well I had a text from mate 1 last nite saying £600 all in (i think he was incl the lift pass in this) is a bit expensive !!!!! but if that is the cheapest then he is ok with it.

Radio silence from mate 2 with the kid. will have to call him. If he doesnt go then mate 1 cant go as they need to share a room.

I think these people need a reality check. If they picked up a ski brochure once in a while they might realise how expensive these holidays really are & how much prices have increased ! I'm sure they think I am making it up. If they want a £250 holiday then they need to go bulgaria or wait till the week before. Honestly <sigh>
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
DebbiDoesSnow,

yep, looks like the reality check is indeed essential...

I will be spending £600 on 4 days ... and that's without beer money!! (or ski hire....)

So £600 for 7days is not expensive!
(as ski holidays go...)

Edit: your "booking marathon" is more gripping than Eastenders! wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DebbiDoesSnow, what about a Morzine catered chalet? they seem good value and flexible with a kid, normally they have the odd single room too knocking around in the attic so .... dad + kid, you + bf and a single for mate 1?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rayscoops,

Yeah but is it in the right price bracket, are the lift passes included or not, is the area suitable for kids, where are the chalet located they need to be fairly central cos mate 1 want to go and boogie, but not tto close to night life so that mate2's kid does get his sleep disturbed, etc...

I'll never organise such trip!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rayscoops, Kruisler, its a freakin mare !

And then I will have to do this all again for the March trip ... any volunteers ? Laughing

EDIT: are you SKIING in Jan Kruisler Shocked

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 7-11-08 11:48; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kruisler,a place I stayed in was about £450 for a week (excluding pass/skis etc Sad ) including grub and booze and transfer to and from the best lifts Very Happy , and maybe 15 mins walk to the night life but up the hill a bit and quiet, nice hot tub etc.,
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rayscoops,

Show Off!! Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
rayscoops, yeah show off ! what TO was that ?

Kruisler, see me edit above ... do you have something to admit ?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kruisler, Laughing but you share/dine with people you do nor know so not everyones cup of tea or baggette du jour
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DebbiDoesSnow, woth snowantrek who post on here - prices http://snowandtrek-morzine.com/morzine/catered/prices.html
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
DebbiDoesSnow,

nearly got away with that one didn't I! Laughing

I'll probably strap on two planks on one of the days yes! Embarassed

Just to remind myself why one single plank is the only real way to go! Toofy Grin
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rayscoops, you still need to pay for flights tho.... my lot want under 400 for flight/transfers/accom & food & a free kid place that doenst add supplements to our bill !!!!!

Kruisler, let you off then. I want to give it a go again just to see what the 'new ski's' are like. I used to ski on skinny 185s which were twice my height Laughing

But that would mean sacrificing one of my 6 days on a board so havent yet got round to it
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
DebbiDoesSnow,

Well my last own skis were "skinny" Dynastar 190's. Can't remember the model. The turning radius was about 10 miles and they weighed a ton.
Then I had an unfortunate break from skiing for 4 years, then started boarding.
So in 2007 I hired recent carver ski for a day: what a change! they turn on a six pence and make you look like some semi-pro even with bad technique!!!
Laughing
I have not tried wide powder skis yet...
snow report
DebbiDoesSnow, they are not asking for a lot then Shocked I think you should give up for a while and book a last minute deal
snow conditions
Today there will be murder commited by a midget weilding a snowboard Shocked

Mate 1 thinks £570) (incl pass) is expensive and is a sign of how 'popular' its become ... NO.... ITS CALLED INFLATION / ECONOMICS or some other fancy word Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
DebbiDoesSnow,

I am loosing the will to live just reading this... Surprised you have not blown a fuse yet..
ski holidays
DebbiDoesSnow, ignore all your friends and book for yourself
tell the friends tough luck,they can book themselves with the info you give them
snow conditions
people losing their minds wrote:
some crap about skiing

dear god Sad
latest report
stab, you can talk Mister !!!!
ski holidays
hey, master it and move on, that's my motto Smile
snow report
DebbiDoesSnow, ditch them. just go with your OH and send them an email telling them what deal you got.

i was just about to book 11 nights in banff at the end of feb. just checked it was ok with the oH and when i logged back onto the site all of the 'regular price' flights had gone, +£238 per person means i can't afford it. ah well back to endless internet trawling. Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
I am about 30 mins away from clinching the deal - Meribel/Mottaratt is the main contender .... snowHead
snow report
DebbiDoesSnow,
15 mins away...the suspense is killing me! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Almost there !... mate 2 can't get hold of his wife so said just book it but I need his & his sons D.O.B before I can go any further with the booking screen ....
snow report
DebbiDoesSnow, make it up. It's only there for their nefarious marketing purposes anyway.
latest report
DebbiDoesSnow, are you sure about Meribel/Mottaratt - what about the new huge water treatment plant they have started building there - it will be like a building site Shocked

just joking Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rayscoops, OMG i panicked then for a sec Laughing
snow report
DebbiDoesSnow,

U sure you wanna book there? cos I'll hunt you down in the bars and on the mountain! Laughing
snow report
ITS BOOKED YIPPEEEEEEEEEEE.... happy days
snow report
"oye oye!! DebbiDoesSnow's going boarding and all is well!" Toofy Grin
latest report
Kruisler, I will find you and steal your socks Laughing
ski holidays
DebbiDoesSnow, Shocked

That's just mean! Laughing

better stay clear of curries then...
snow conditions
so after all the stress i achieved everyones demands !

4* s/c accom WITH FREE child place for a bargain price of £282.50 Razz

bloomin ski carraige at £30 though the con merchants Evil or Very Mad
latest report
DebbiDoesSnow wrote:
4* s/c accom WITH FREE child place for a bargain price of £282.50 Razz

I hope that includes the lift pass!
snow report
DebbiDoesSnow, flights and transfer ?
snow conditions
rayscoops, its sure does ! with Thomson

Kruisler, mate 1 would expect that the tightwad
latest report
DebbiDoesSnow, well done...
I hope you don't get to lift a finger when you're there...you deserve the rest!
ski holidays
DebbiDoesSnow, eeez a good price! incl. flights / transfers but not ski passes, would that be right? (just sanity checking the prices I'm looking at for five of us to the Alps in March...)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy