Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whos going where thread

Poster: A snowHead
Kruisler, Swirly, If you two carry on I will have to change my name to "Debbi the Midget Dominatrix" Shocked
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DebbiDoesSnow,
How about that: Debbi the Midget Dominatrix
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kruisler, I can't view that at work the PC police have blocked YouTube. But maybe that is a blessing Shocked
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
DebbiDoesSnow, very much a blessing Shocked do you smoke cigars ? Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rayscoops wrote:
do you smoke cigars ? Laughing

Cigars have been know to have other uses... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rayscoops, where's your list of trips? This season you will not make me jealous!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Swirly, if my back sorts it self out I may well rent out my house and join you for the season Very Happy - chuff all else happening in my line of work at the moment

L2A Dec 18 - 23
Innsbruck end of Jan for only two chuffin days (bluddi cancellations by airlines)
Austria in March (mate over from Singapore and has space for me in an aprtment he is renting for the week) Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Les Praz (Cham) 27th Dec - 3rd Jan
VdI last week of Feb
Pas De La Casa last week March (for the equinox dump)

Only Chamonix booked so far as I'm waiting mates to come up with deposits (are you guys reading this!!)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I am losing the will to live. I really wished I hadnt bothered to ask anyone whether they wanted to go snowboarding. Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
DebbiDoesSnow,

Sad

I feel your pain..
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DebbiDoesSnow, Kruisler, All you have to do is set a date for people to tell you by and then book it on that day, anyone else says they want to go afterwards then tough, they can sort out their own trip. Make sure anyone who says yes will have to pay you whether they come or not and it's sorted.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Swirly, I did but its f*cking budgets, and oh I want to bring my kid, does he have to pay. THE FREE CHILD PLACE IS NEVER FREE !! do they not understand that ? The rest of us end up with supplements .....

AAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Swirly,

I am now sorted but feel for Debbi as she has nothing booked yet...

And her experience of organising matches mine hence I stopped doing it, or I do it for very small groups..

The upside of my situation this year, where all of my usual crew bailed out on me, is that I joined an already organised trip..I just had to hand in the money... great!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
well final straggler has now come back and said they are going on the March trip. So that leaves 4 adults and possibly one child (which is causing the problems with price/numbers, not to mention most annoying for the indecision & him wanting a 'free' place)

I found a £400 HB in a great location in Tignes but with the child its not possible now as only 2 per room & no single occupancy
I have also found a s/c apart for £330 in Meribel/Motterat which will be ok for the kid but it means that someone has to sleep in the lounge.
As mate 1 slept in the lounge last time its not his turn, that leaves the mate 2 (the dad) who would want to share a room with his kid so the final option is either me or my OH sleep in the lounge and as it wouldnt be right for me to share with mate 1 it would be me in the lounge and I organised the whole bloody thing.

not looking for any more deals ... f*k 'em all next year
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ah, the curse of the organizer.
latest report
paulio, This is the worst one ever and its only for a teeny group !
ski holidays
DebbiDoesSnow,

What a pain! rolling eyes

The upshot, though. is that if I understood your dates correctly and you end up in Meribel, I might get to see a demonstration of your now famous kicker face plant live! Toofy Grin
latest report
Kruisler, we would arrive on the Sat, so in theory first day on the slopes would be Sunday. You leave on the Sunday don't you ?

phew.... face plant humilation avoided Laughing
snow report
DebbiDoesSnow,

No escape! We leave on the sunday night after a full day on the slopes!

I'll find you Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Kruisler, damn, will have to buy new gear now so you don't recognise me
ski holidays
DebbiDoesSnow,
For the Tignes one can't they put a folding/camp bed for the kid in one of the rooms? I have seen that done loads of times...
snow conditions
Kruisler, no Crying or Very sad there are rooms to fit 3 but they have all gone, plus mate 2 tells me last nite he doesnt want to pay £400 for his eight yr old to go. So he needs to make a decision, as its really beginning to pi$$ me off ! Its affecting my choices of decent resorts & nice accomodation, when at the end of the day I should be going where I want to go. The kid was never a factor until 3 weeks ago when everyone started dropping out
snow conditions
P.s Just incase it seems that way I really don't have any thing against children ! he's a cool kid & a looks ike he is a decent boarder too, but to throw it into the mix at this late stage and for it to affect accomdation choices isnt really fair when no-one but me is actually trawling the net getting quotes
snow report
DebbiDoesSnow,

so if the kid and the family weren't in it'd just be you and the BF?
Would that be OK or you absolutely want to include mates?
Cos if it's OK, find your best way to bail out and go you own way... It's not like you haven't tried to please everyone by the looks of it..
snow report
Kruisler, I like going with mates, so would prefer that if poss, but we have gone on our own before.

I have found some really really good deals for us including taking the little boy, but mate 2 (the dad) has now changed his mind last nite about the budget (i.e wanting a free place). Both mates have not bothered to read any of the mails i sent with prices, resort details etc... & I have lost count the amount of times I have explained that prices have increased this year up to 15% so the super bargain days have long gone.

To say i am hacked off is an understatement.
ski holidays
At the risk of repeating myself:

"What a pain! rolling eyes "

Hope it's sorted soon...
snow conditions
DebbiDoesSnow, another rule is organiser gets pick of the rooms regardless of anything else. Sounds like they're being back bottoms.

You could tell your OH you're going to the EoSB, then he might drop out too Laughing
latest report
Swirly, hahaha good suggestion Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DebbiDoesSnow, sounds like youve got like i always have
you find all the info then they backtrack at the last minute
ski holidays
DebbiDoesSnow, just read through the last page and boy, do ou have hasstle for your little group !!

Our friends ALWAYS think they can find best deal and resort but never factor in ALL costs etc but they NEVER come up with the goods. We now simply agree on the country, then the resort and we find the best deal for the party and if they cant find cheaper or better within a week... it gets booked !!

as per Swirly, , the organisers get the first pick of the room!!!!
snow conditions
DebbiDoesSnow, why not go own your own, or at least look after number one and tell them if they want to come they're welcome. There's no friends on a powder day anyway.

I've scored a season in america looking after a blind boarder, oh wait, no I havent, I'm not allowed to leave this village without permission Razz
ski holidays
stab, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
I feel for you DebbiDoesSnow, as a co oganiser of this years trip. We had numbers, We said Chalet in France, We set a budget... Then every time I found someplace, people dropped out/ umm/ ahhed/ farted/ .... Until Organiser number two finds a cracking deal in switzerland, (ok its not france!? Puzzled ) He gets a booking ref. one morning for 14 of us to phone thru and book on each of our credit/debit cards by the end of the day,... When lo and behold, come 11am four of us are booked and payed in full, only to discover that the rest of our group cannot book in as the place is sold out!!! ...Yes... Sold out to some other party !!???!?!?!?!? The agent hadnt reserved the booking ref with the tour op, and some other agent had sold the remaining rooms DOH!!!
- That leaves four of our group foing to switzerland, and the rest of us going to Les Gets in France. rolling eyes

The trauma of it all. I will never ever be organising another group holiday ever ever again.
Twisted Evil
ski holidays
boardstupid, OMG thats horrendous ! The Agent should of admited their error and given a refund !
Normally as group organiser I stump up the deposit (my bank account doesnt like that !!) so we don't lose the places and then demand immediate payment (which is never immediate with some people).

And guess what - its the next day and NEITHER mate has bothered replying to my emails or called me as promised Evil or Very Mad
snow report
DebbiDoesSnow, just book a hotel package for you and your bf, and if others want to book the same deal later they probably will be able to do so

stab, Embarassed
snow report
DebbiDoesSnow,

And I see they're winding you up about it...
latest report
The whip has been cracked !!!

Shirty text saying have they read my mails & if they don't come back to me I am booking one without them.
snow report
Kruisler, that was a non boarding mate who skied once in about 1980 and now prefers alcopops to mountain fun Confused
latest report
Quote:

The whip has been cracked !!!

'bout time! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
DebbiDoesSnow, you might be on the wrong forum for that? Puzzled
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy