Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whos going where thread

Poster: A snowHead
bar shaker wrote:
Les Praz (Cham) 27th Dec - 3rd Jan
VdI last week of Feb
Pas De La Casa last week March (for the equinox dump)

Only Chamonix booked so far as I'm waiting mates to come up with deposits (are you guys reading this!!)

update... booked La Plagne for Feb Very Happy

Just Andorra to sort out now, but that's a bigger group so prob won't book until Jan.

There is much cheapness out there people, especially if you can go at short notice. Cool
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Les2alpes 7-14th feb with the boys,
tigne, val claret 21-28 march with the mrs, she is learning to ski rolling eyes

They cant come soon enough!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Going to Les 2 alpes on the 17th of Jan for a week, then hoping to do a couple of weeks in Borovets in March with a mate whos doding a season there. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Finaly booked Tignes Le Lac, week commencing 3rd Jan wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lauterbrunnen/Interlaken 27th Dec - 3rd Jan and again in April!! The first ones a holiday, the second involves about 30 teenagers!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
pitchski, good luck with that !
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yay! Just booked up to visit my rep buddy in St. Sorlin / St. Jean d'arves 10th - 22nd December Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cham 11th to 15th
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
yeeeeeeha. just booked 10 days in fernie in february. i'm a very very happy bunny.

now i just need to book a last minute europe warm up week with the boys Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Blue Mountain, Ontario
Every Saturday in Jan, every Saturday bar one in Feb, and one or two in March.

Mount St. Louis - Moonstone, Ontario
Random Sundays (tbd)

Tiny local hill in Toronto, Ontario
Weeknights whenever I have time and there's snow Very Happy

No actual trip planned this year, although I might head up to Mt. Tremblant (bigger hill near Montreal) in February for a few days.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Oh and rogg - very jealous of your Fernie trip, have a wicked time!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fernie 21st Jan for two weeks, with the missus, and booked Jasper last weekend going 4th Mar for another two weeks, travelling as a single. Done both before, so no surprises, just good terrain.........................

John.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Tignes 1 - 8th Feb!!!!!
2 snowboarders who think they can board and 2 newbies who think they'll be shredding the slopes like the dvd's we keep making them sit through!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mountain mad, good choice of resort.

to add to my fernie trip on the 4th, i booked tignes on the 17th for a bargain €300 self catered in lavachet appartments. i'm sooooo very very happy and greatful - for the first time in 36 years of sliding down hills this id the first time for 2 trips in a season. snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rogg, you will never settle for just one trip again after this year !
latest report
ah DebbiDoesSnow, don't say that, i know it's a one off, just soooooo pleased. forecast looking good for tignes. snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
rogg, i know ! Was hoping to go there again this time, its a good resort !
ski holidays
GF and I are heading to L2A from 10th - 17th Jan, yay! only 2 days to go!
latest report
Oh dear, where Do I start...

I'm ashamed, ashamed I say!!

I'm mate 1 of DebbidoesSnow's little trip to Meribel on Saturday. I've not been on here for a while, so having just read all posts on this thread, I guess i should feel bad!

In my defense I had just started a new job at the time of Debbi's anguish, whcih is why my responses to her were not prompt enough! Howevever in preparation i have brought a new board, board bag, and helmet camera kit. Maybe I was a bit optimistic with the costs, but hey a boy can dream!

A couple of points I have to raise -
Kruisler - nah, not a tightwad, just wanting the best deal for the money (which DebbiDoesSnow has now got - thats why we get her to book!! Very Happy ). This whole little shindig (including new equipment for this season) is costing a grand or so, and thats not including beer money!!

Debbidoessnow - Chilli? chilli? I do more than just chilli!! spag bol,or pasta and sauce!!! Cool I'm actually quite a good cook. Did you think i would never read this? Confused

However to help out, I will sleep in the living room, so you can share with your OH -just keep the noise down! And ensure small child does not like watching (very) early morning (french) cartoons... I believe this is the best I can do, except of course buy you a beer,and cook something more tan just chilli - I can you know, I had leassons when I was younger...)

anyhow, having taken 30 minutes to read all this, 10 minutes to type this, I guess I had better do some real work now...
ski holidays
hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha I am gonna have to watch what I type now Laughing Laughing Laughing

Can't remembered what I put now & I did change the names to protect the innocent, hopefully not too bad but I was stressed eric ! (no change there)

I will take back the chilli comment if you make us something special wink but to be honest a bowl of cornflakes is gonna be more special than Marcs cooking (by all accounts he does none at all !) & you are having the bed (or bunk bed) I am looking forwards to a weeks peaceful sleep with out snoring

Hope I am forgiven for my acid fingers Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
indeed you are! I wonder if OH reads this? Very Happy

Some horrific things were said, but I'll forgive yer...

I'll see what I can do on the food front. And no, I insist on your having the bed/room with your OH, its only fair!!!!! (snoring really was not selling it anyhow)
latest report
nah I am happy with the sofa bed, I have packed my sleeping bag ready. And fairs fair, you did end up on the sofa last year so it is someone elses turn.

Looking back I think it was more the disappointment that the normal group wasnt going (incl bro & cousins) and it wasnt that painful until the free child place got thrown into the mix and stopped us from going to either of the resorts we really wanted to go to.

I can be a right moany cow sometimes Shocked I will treat you to beer at the airport to apologise (thats if I am not too out of it to remember LOL)
snow report
DebbiDoesSnow, go back and start editing out the bits about ................ Laughing
snow report
rayscoops, I did consider that Embarassed
ski holidays
to late, I've already seen, read, digested and remembered them!!! Cool

hmm, that means I'm 'sleeping' with your OH for the week... Shocked

packed already?? I got my snowboard out big yellow storage last week, and thats it s far...

remembering how you are with planes I think i could get any drink I wanted if you were offering one at the airport!
snow report
I say packed, I mean thrown in a pile on top the board bag & I have re-read the thread and it wasnt tooooooooooo bad, although the office found my embarrasment funny & suggested more than one beer is required Embarassed snowHead
snow report
DebbiDoesSnow, youve been busted!
ski holidays
DebbiDoesSnow, meadwak, had a good Laughing at the rest of this thread when i went back to read the details. glad it's all sorted now. hope you have a fab time next week. and not have chilli, spag bol or pasta & sauce for dinner...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DebbiDoesSnow, are you off next week? hope you've packed a snorkel and a 178 swallowtail for monday and tuesday. snowHead snowHead snowHead

guess all the searching, organising and naked snow dances paid off.

3 sleeps to tignes.
snow report
rogg, can't bloody wait now & if the forecasts are to be believed its gonna be a stonker !! hope you get some good powpow in Tignes snowHead snowHead

sherlock235, nigel b, gonna have to get a sock puppet to let off steam in future Laughing
snow report
DebbiDoesSnow wrote:
sherlock235, nigel b, gonna have to get a sock puppet to let off steam in future Laughing

i guess whitegold's already been used... wink
ski holidays
DebbiDoesSnow wrote:
I say packed, I mean thrown in a pile on top the board bag & I have re-read the thread and it wasnt tooooooooooo bad, although the office found my embarrasment funny & suggested more than one beer is required Embarassed snowHead

ahh, thats Ok then. having got the bag out of storage last weekend i thought I was doing OK. Am a bit worried as i cant find my snow jacket and pants. Its either in a garage in bracknell, someoen in the flat, or very very well hidden in big yellow storage (having checked in there this morning!)

well, if the office say more beer is needed, then who am I to argue... Very Happy
snow conditions
sherlock235 wrote:
DebbiDoesSnow, meadwak, had a good Laughing at the rest of this thread when i went back to read the details. glad it's all sorted now. hope you have a fab time next week. and not have chilli, spag bol or pasta & sauce for dinner...

I didn't say i woudl not make spag bol or chilli, just that I woudl not limit myself to that... Cool
ski holidays
meadwak, found the jacket & pants yet Shocked could be cold without them

Got a text from Kruisler saying it snowed last nite snowHead
ski holidays
snow I like! are we still getting out 1400mm over the next 7 days? Cool

still missing jacket and pants...
ski holidays
I have just booked 11 of us to Andorra, Arinsal. Not been there before only Soldeu. We are going on the 22nd Feb!

Unforutnatly this year there was only 1 week we could all go and someone is busy on the saturday so can only fly Sunday, hence Andorra again.
snow report
surfer_chicky, good place for beginners/ intermediates. Head over to Pal or Arcalis for more challenging stuff.

Make sure you get your free toasties from El Cau - mmm Banana and nutella...
ski holidays
surfer_chicky, any time on the slopes no matter where is good snowHead
ski holidays
I'm totally flummuxed as to where to go at the end of March.

Loved Val D'Isere (especially the trees in Fornet) but wouldn't mind trying somewhere different to broaden my horizons. Thinking either Courcheval/Meribel or ADH. Not massively sold on Austria yet because most seem to require being bussed around to get to the lifts.
snow conditions
Specialman wrote:
Not massively sold on Austria yet because most seem to require being bussed around to get to the lifts.

nah - St Anton, B&B for Euro 35 a night and two minutes walk from the lifts Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy