Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Free Accommodation in the Swiss Alps?

Poster: A snowHead
Yes, well spotted. I get 20% of what he's paying his galley slave by way of recruitment fee.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I reckon it's worth taking this offer up, getting a part time job (say 4 hours a week) that is paid in Euros, then coming back to Britain and living like a king on the vast sum of money this will equate to by the time you come back.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hmm, utility bills is a fair point. Though surely for water you could just melt snow?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ChrisWo, All power included ....apart from logs if you felt the need
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Chalet is traditionally heated with woodfired a kacheloffen.

Id hate to think that you felt the need to get up at SIX..
Goodness me,seeing as we live here, we are not THAT desperate to ski the moment the lift starts.
Its a weekend holiday home not boot camp.
Powder days are different of course Smile

Mrs M would have a fit if anyone more than 5 years old woke her up in the morning at while its still dark outside.
Personally if Im woken up by the smell of bacon at anytime of day Im pretty tolerant.

If you were working in a TO chalet it might be the case because you dont get 5 days free skiing every week, so if you want to get any skiiing in at youll need to be up at first light, to get everything done.

pam w wrote:
You appear also to have overlooked the fact that he DID tell you he would expect childcare, including taking the kids out skiing,

a) Considering my 6-7 year old girl (a.k.a MinxMap) who already skis switch and stomps the odd 180, most applicants will be getting a ski lesson rather than giving one.
b) The word occasional was deliberately omitted.
c) Dont think Ill let you get ALL the fun.
d) If you think that England's newest GS or downhill hope (a.k.a MiniMap aged 4) will be soley left in your hands, think again. Smile

pam w wrote:
and that he DID tell you both that he would have house guests sometimes, and that you would have to do all the tasks required for an unspecified number of days in the school holidays.

True, but sometimes (not always) house guests leave tips too.. Its not all bad.

Pam are you sure you have the term "chalet bitch" quite right? I was wondering the the W stood for.

Razz
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ChrisWo wrote:
Roy Hockley, it's a lot more than a couple of places I found using nixmap's links above...though they were firmly out of resort (and about 30% less).

Yes but availability during the holidays is the killer criteria. best thing is just go back home for that time.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
[quote="Agenterre"]ChrisWo, It was about 200m from the closest ski-lift ..although in Saanen not Gstaad.

Well I think you got that cheap, but then compared to the other lifts around there the Eggli really does suck, and the one good run you can get to on the Videmanette is always in the shade.

Nix.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This is the longest+worst thread I have ever created. Sorry guys wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
arv, don't worry, I think the main protagonists are quite enjoying it. Confused
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ChrisWo wrote:
So I guess all we have to argue about now is whether the offer really does invovle only 30 hours work a week!! Very Happy

For TWO people? Serving 4 for 2 days?

I think even *I* can do that with a little help. Not to mention an industrious partner!

Having established it's of fair value, it's very much a nitch position. It would take some very lucky match of not-so-poor couple who're nonetheless still willing to work some amount of time. And yet hadn't found suitable accomodation...

I can see how little chance there're someone available at this very moment. Actually, I know of quite a few who's willing to work part time for that kind of compensation. The only problem being none of them are skiers. wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I just dont understand all the negative replies to what appears to be a genuine and reasonable offer. Obviously a lot of the responders are not in a position to take up nixmap's offer, so I don't really understand why they are wanting to scrutinise in minute detail his terms and conditions of the offer. Which scans that for a little bit of weekend hosting you can have "free" board and lodge all season with ski pass? Quid pro quo IMHO. Can't believe no one has taken up his offer yet.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

I get 20% of what he's paying his galley slave by way of recruitment fee.

So you'll be living in a fifth of the apartment? Suddenly the whole thing sounds way les attractive. Laughing
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
paulio wrote:
I reckon it's worth taking this offer up, getting a part time job (say 4 hours a week) that is paid in Euros

That'll add commuting costs then.... Wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
northantsred,
Quote:

Obviously a lot of the responders are not in a position to take up nixmap's offer, so I don't really understand why they are wanting to scrutinise in minute detail his terms and conditions of the offer.
I think that this reflects a basic misunderstanding of the nature of snowHeads! Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Lizzard wrote:
Quote:

I get 20% of what he's paying his galley slave by way of recruitment fee.

So you'll be living in a fifth of the apartment? Suddenly the whole thing sounds way les attractive. Laughing

Oh, Liz; oh, oh, oh, so unfair! NehNeh
snow report
I agree we're giving Nixmap an unreasonbaly hard time, but I suspect he'll accept that to keep the thread 'bumped'! This is a private offer , if it were commercial Id agree and say we had a right to question ... although Id want £1000 a-day (minimum)for looking after anyone's kid. The level of response/take-up will no doubt define what the price should have been.

[quote="nixmap"]
Agenterre wrote:
ChrisWo, It was about 200m from the closest ski-lift ..although in Saanen not Gstaad.

Quote:
Well I think you got that cheap, but then compared to the other lifts around there the Eggli really does suck, and the one good run you can get to on the Videmanette is always in the shade.

Yes - I stayed in Rubeldorf. Where is your chalet?

You can get the same apartment this year for the same price I understand ... all B&O , Miele etc. We Brits have been overpricing stuff for years. We also found cheaper stuff but not so well-appointed.

Not sure what you have against a 4-man fast covered lift with no queues ( except on weekends when the w****** turn up )?

I loved the area .. the Videmanette is my favourite run ever .... shade tends to keep the snow in good condition!

wink
ski holidays
Just thought I ought to tell you that that position is finally filled, from someone in this forum.

At least on a trial basis this is though till March.

I apologise if I didn't respond to every applicant. ( I don't think I missed anyone genuine)

I know that some of you simply said that I advertised too late, and already have plans or commitments.

The same will be available next year, as the the incumbents have already said they will not be available.

I hope I didn't offend anyone too much, I have to admit I found the whole process considerably more entertaining than posting an straight advert.

I'm sure there are some of you that are glad to hear that this is finally a dead thread.

Thanks for teaching me heaps.
latest report
nixmap, Congratulations! I hope you'll all be very happy together! Very Happy
snow conditions
Hope it works out well for all parties.
ski holidays
So, who is it?
snow report
Yeh, come on then, who are you?

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Quote:

and can we have one of those entertaining season-long blogs? snowHead
ski holidays
Its not up to me to comment.
latest report
pam w wrote:
Quote:

and can we have one of those entertaining season-long blogs? snowHead

& a way of blocking nixmap out from the tales of mid week midgets, hookers & blow parties wink

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 18-11-08 23:40; edited 1 time in total
snow report
nixmap wrote:

I'm sure there are some of you that are glad to hear that this is finally a dead thread.

Dead?? You still don't know snowheads then...

We are perfectly capable of continuing to argue for a long time over this Toofy Grin
snow report
Someone told me it was boredsurfin thats done the deal Toofy Grin wink
snow report
Quote:

Dead?? You still don't know snowheads then...

Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
I think we need to hear how good a boss nixmap is, and whether he demands his linen ironed or not!
Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Told you somebody would grab it.

Ner, ner, ner, ner ner.

Twisted Evil
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Dead?? You still don't know snow heads then...

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I was disappointed not to receive an application from you Pam.

You sounded like the archetypal chalet witch.
ski holidays
Sorry to disappoint. A certain level of confidentiality is expected here. In Switzerland we respect privacy.
snow report
Powder and sunshine, all week long, no work till the weekend,
Slopes abandoned due to credit crunch. Tough life.

Happy new year indeed.
NehNeh

it could have been you.
snow report
Or it could have been YOU!

Sorry YOU have to work. I skied yesterday!!! And I don't even need to clean toilets on weekends.
snow conditions
Quote:

I was disappointed not to receive an application from you Pam.

I've been skiing now since before Christmas, having a lovely time, thanks.
Quote:

You sounded like the archetypal chalet witch.

Laughing Laughing Laughing If only you knew how very untrue that is.
ski holidays
theres always next season Pam.
ski holidays
Well, someone didnt hide in the trash. Still probably was a rubbish season with hardly any snow.

I guess you can judge for yourselves.

Of course Ill be doing the same thing next year so, you can start thinking of reasons why thats no good either.

By the way duties include digging your way out so we can all go skiing too.

Theres no avoiding some things.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 5-06-09 12:22; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
I'm shocked!

NOT!

I would have asked if a snowblower is included as part of the package. But then, begger can't be chooser... Sad
snow conditions
this thread has been continued for 2010 season

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=52565
snow report
Is this attempting to be the longest free advert ever on here?
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
Is this attempting to be the longest free advert ever on here?

Hey, I didnt post it on here originally, but I wasnt going to stand by and just be called a w**ker.

Blame arv clearly he is acting as my agent as the OP.

Viral advertising is here to stay, welcome to web 2.0.
(or whatever techno babble seems appropriate).

Maybe I should do a youtube video diary next year.
I bet you would all watch it.

Nix.

Oh BTW why this thread and not the new one?
You really think we want two active threads on this?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy