Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Moving bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I’ve just got some new boots and the sole length is 9mm shorter than my old ones (these ones are a nice snug fit)…
So I need to fit them to my bindings –
On pair of skis number one I have moved the movable rear binding forward 2 clicks ~ 8mm and everything seems fine.
On my other skis the rear binding was already as far forward as it could go (luckly they are on a plate/rail sort of thing) So I removed front part of binding and moved it back to the setting for my new boot sole length.

There is a marker in the middle of my boots and on the skis and on both pairs they are within 4 mm of matching up..

My questions are.....
Have I done this right?
Is this something most people are happy doing or is it a thing professionals only should do?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sounds ok, but now you need to adjust the 'forward pressure' - which depends on the binding.

There may be a second screw below the DIN screw on the heelpiece. On My marker bindings you screw this in untill it clicks.
Others have a little indicator line/arrow in a window, but I am sure someone more experienced will be along soon...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
lampbus, There is a forward pressure window on the axial2 120's and got that right but nothing on the Tyrolia ld12's
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
II, if your LD12s are on a plate/rail, why not move both toe and heel?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
II, why was the rear binding as far forward as it could go on one ski and not the other? sounds fishy to me...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
David Murdoch, 2 different pairs of skis...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy