Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thoughts on the Ride Kink

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Puzzled Hi I am fairly new to boarding and have been going to the indoor slope in Manchester, I can get down the main slope and link my turns using the hire boards. I have just bought a Ride Kink 152 board and looked at the reviews on it which say this is a freestyle park board. This is where my confusion starts.I have never attempted jumps or rails but hope to get there in the future. Does this mean the board is ok for me or to advanced.
We are also going to Flaine in Feb 09 will this be ok down a mountain?
Has anybody got one of these boards or can anyone help me clear my confusion!!!!! (there's a challenge if i ever heard one)

Cheers
moj
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
moj, welcome to snowHead snowHead

I don't know this board although generally Ride make good kit. 152 seems quite short, how tall/heavy are you? although it might be right for a freestyle board. It will be easy to turn due to the length although you might struggle to hold an edge on ice as it'll be quite soft. Generally speaking for piste use it'll be ok but the length could be an issue in powder, obviously it'll be a help in the park though.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Very Happy Hi thanks for the response, I'm 5' 8" and about 10 stone the hire board i use is 150 so i thought this 152 may be abit long if anything from what you know about me (which isn't a great deal, granted) do you think i will cope with this board and i'm not going to kill myself on the first run!!!! ha no pressure wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
moj, if you're that size it'll be fine and you probably won't be going off piste given your experience. I imagine you'll find it a lot better than the hire boards at Chill Factore too, when I looked at their hire kit it was shocking. Have fun snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Will do Thanks snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
No probs, f/s boards have the same easy flex as beginner boards, so it'll be fine. It might be an issue when hammering down a piste at mach 1, but I suspect it'll take a few weeks on snow before you're doing that! Enjoy Very Happy !
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sub4 wrote:
No probs, f/s boards have the same easy flex as beginner boards, so it'll be fine. It might be an issue when hammering down a piste at mach 1, but I suspect it'll take a few weeks on snow before you're doing that! Enjoy Very Happy !

not really, a beginner board will be flexy but will have absolutley no pop, a freestyle board yes it's flexy but it wants to pop.
Take a beginner board, stick the tail on your foot, grab the nose with your hand, push the centre of the board with your other hand, flex it like a madman, release your hand in the middle and feel how much it wants to straighten out. Freestyle boards want to straighten out quicker = POP Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy