Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fischer Fuse 76

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of purchasing these skis from a good review from the guy in my local ski shop. Anyone tried them, any comments boths good and bad ? I still like the look of the Rossignol SC80 but my skiing is mainly on piste. So, the Fischer Fuse 76 or RX8.

Any help very much appreciated
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kiltedlad, I think the 2008/9 Fuse 76 is a renamed 2007/8 AMC 76. I've skied the RX8 and the AMC 76 and much prefer the AMC 76. I found the RX8 hard work and the AMC 76 smoother and more stable. Of course, this is only my opinion and to give you some idea of basis of my views, I've been skiing for over 20 years and am a lazy skier (I wouldn't count myself as being anywhere near an expert) with no wish to "confront my fears" or prove myself every 5 minutes.

In any event, I really like the AMC 76s and won't be changing them any time soon.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i have the amc 76 from 2007/8 so if it's the same ski i can highly recomend it Very Happy

great for blasting all over the pistes, hold well on the hard stuff and cruise easily through the crud
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kiltedlad, do you mind me asking how much you are looking at paying for the Fischer Fuse skis and whereabouts you would be buying them ?

I've been looking at these, as they are indeed a re-badged AMC 76 and I was considering these late year.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank god someone has put something about the AMC 76, I got these from ski bilek after a few to many sherberts, from ebay, before the Euro got to strong, for £127, after waking up and paying for my purchase, I decided to do a little bit of research and thought these to be a mistake . They are bigger, 176, than I've ski for a few years, well quite a few years, about 12 to be precise, certainly feels a bit of a beast in the sweaty palms of a slightly more rotund and unfit skier than when I used to chuff about on my last skis, Fischer RC4sl, 187 I think, 2 nd season, purple and yellow, for the anoraks out there, with M46 bindings, and a pair of Atomic ARC 203s with M Racing bindings, god I was a real chuffer then.
Anyway I 'm with you jtr, no expert, bit of a lazy skier, skied with Pete Kuwal for a few days 15 years ago and was taught by his dad Hans in Cyprus about 18 years ago, ASSI course in Episkoi before anyone asks. Just put that in because there was a post about Pete a while back, great guy, liked a sherbert and a game of nails in the odd Bavarian bar or 2.
As you may tell I have had a couple of the forementioned sherberts, but would like to hear more about my late night purchase from real skiers, who have used these "beasts", well they seem it to me, and you will let me sleep easier before I use them in Tremblant in Jan.

rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
CJ001 wrote:

Anyway I 'm with you jtr, no expert, bit of a lazy skier, skied with Pete Kuwal for a few days 15 years ago and was taught by his dad Hans in Cyprus about 18 years ago, ASSI course in Episkoi before anyone asks. Just put that in because there was a post about Pete a while back, great guy, liked a sherbert and a game of nails in the odd Bavarian bar or 2.
As you may tell I have had a couple of the forementioned sherberts, but would like to hear more about my late night purchase from real skiers, who have used these "beasts", well they seem it to me, and you will let me sleep easier before I use them in Tremblant in Jan.

:roll:

They're fine. They ski far shorter than you'd think: the tips are kind of soft.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pokemon, it's a shop called Blues in Edinburgh. The guy was really helpful and thoroughly recommended the Fischer Fuse 76. Probably the AMC 76 remodelled and renamed for 2008/2009.

http://www.fischersports.com/en/products_ski.php?show=detail&id_product=17922

The price from the shop including bindings is £345 (I think). Certainly no more than that. Looked a good buy to me ? I actually like the look of the against the RX8 and with all your comments above it's looking like the Fuse could be a winner................
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kiltedlad, sounds a good price as the German retail sites are about 450 euros. I've seen them about £150 quid cheaper on ebay but they dont appear that frequently at the moment.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
my amc 76 were about £180 inc delivery from ski bilek on ebay in august 2007 but as pokemon says there seem to be a fair bit more expensive these days
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I too paid about £160 inc postage etc from Ski Bilek on eBay for AMC76's about 18 months ago. I've found them to be very good skis. ebay.de seems to have a few more available than here.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ski Bilek still have the 2007 model AMC76 for €189, in 158cm and 176cm lengths and with Fischer FS10 bindings included. The reviews for the Fuse 76 seem to suggest that it is damn near perfect - http://www.citizenski.com/skis/fischer-fuse-76-skis-200809.html
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy