Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fischer b73 - good skis?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hey, i bought some fischer amc73s (last seasons) for 200 quid brand new with bindings, ive been skiing for 15 years or so and only ever hired skis but im going to do a season in banff and was wondering if these would be good all mountain skis? I was also wondering if it would be worth getting a pair of long, fat powder skis for days when it dumps and i want to go off piste? anyone got any recomendations for good value powder skis? all help would be greatly appreciated - thanks alot!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 27-11-08 15:53; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You need to tell us a bit more about yourself, weight, height, ability etc before we can throw any ideas your way. Are you just headed out to work or to do a gap program?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
im 178 cm, 70 kgs im confident on all runs. im going out to do a gap programme. hope thats helpful
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
gdizzle, in banff? That's a reasonable on-piste ski for the first 5-6 weeks. You'll know what you want after that. It is very likely to be 84 mm or fatter.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Don't know much about the skis, unless you mean AMC 73's? What length are they? A good pair of boots are the most important thing keeping in mind you will be standing about in them every day.

A pair of powder skis are probably a shout for weekends if you want to rip about and just take a break from the endless wedging;) Probably something 90-100mm is what you are looking for powder wise., Line Prophet 100 etc What company are you doing it with?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ye - it is the amc 73s! they are 164cm, the boots ive got are nordica speed machine 8s, ive never had any problem with boots in the past hiring them so hopefully they wont be a problem and im going with peak leaders.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
gdizzle, I've a pair of AMC76's which are just a bit wider than yours. I've been really pleased with them.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
gdizzle, you'll have an awesome time-I did it last season-if you do get any problems with your boots check out Ultimate Ski and Ride-just for reference but no doubt Peak Leaders will recommend them anyways. For powder skis Mountain Magic are probably best stocked for them, they have a wall dedicated to powder skis notably 4FRNT and Movement but they also have K2, Nordica, Atomic etc. The graphics on this years 4FRNT EHP's might be worth it alone Cool
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
you went to banff with peak leaders?!?!?! its a small world, i just joined snowheads today and im amazed an delighted how helpful everyone has been, is it always like this?! and what sort of stuff should i look out for any particular hot spots youd reccomend? and i think if i were to get powder skis id wait untill i was out there so i dont have to get two pairs of skis out there. Thanks alot to everyone who has posted and any reccomendations for banff would be greatly appreciated too! Cool
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nah with NONSTOP.. you will begin to wish you had gone with them as your 3 months go on wink The Rose and Crown became our local due to good pool tables/duke box, we stayed at the Y so was pretty handy as far as things go. Tommy's is good for a $10 steak. Saltlik is good for a decent meal. Auroras is good for some post Mels Thursday night madness. Take your drinking shoes wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy