Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LES ARCS 2008 / 2009

Poster: A snowHead
What they said.

First day of 14 in 1950: over to 1600 for the morning, absolutely empty (yet snow more than acceptable), as if everyone had been told to go high for the best conditions - not at all necessary, but it did mean all runs down:Deux Tetes, Mont Blanc and the reds whose names I forget were empty. Love it.

Afternoon after picking up minis from Skischool in the 2000 area - much more crowded and by 3 was a bit porridgey, but certainly still skiable.

Very very warm, can't see it lasting until end of our second week unless something substantial changes in the weather patterns.

Later.

Jim
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yup Snowcrazy knows his stuff, another great day, Got some fresh tracks off the Varet, not quite sure where we were though, but traversed staying quite high Very Happy .
Lunch in 1950 was quite surreal, Malogovert followed - unusual entrance, quite steep and difficult (IMHO), then the creme de la creme, at about 3:30PM, down from top of deux tete lift (button) by pen!$ rock( so I'm told that's what it's called, in the squirell where I am now) finished off another great day, absolutely cream krackered, I was a positive danger to all and sundry on the home run. Legs like jelly - must have a day off Smile
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A full on couple of days for us too. After yesterday's bombing around 1800 & Vallandry area in the a.m. and an afternoon playing in the off piste parts of the Grand Col area followed by a trip to the top of Aiguille Rouge & a run down the deserted and sublime gully above Genepi, I didn't think it could get much better. Today though, spent loads of time over 1600 & the deux tetes side with runs down malgovert, fond blanc, comborciere, rouelles, cachettes and many others. Legs are pretty pasted ... Drinking beer instead of going for the 'recovery run' that one of my group who's running the London Marathon in a couple of weeks had suggested earlier. Pity to have missed the outings with snowcrazy but we've still been finding new places to make first tracks in untracked afternoon slush. Smile The bowl of snow inside Pointe du Four looks so, so tempting. :0

Loads of snow left and still gobsmacked by the lack of crowds away from the obvious ski school and family areas.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi everyone that is out right now. Been very busy lately but thought I would make a quick post. It has been great to ski with quite a few snowheads in the last week or so since I got back. The conditions are still excellent here. Loads of snow on and off piste. Played around in the off piste areas all day today, found a few nice gullies to test peoples nerve and had a great trip down towards Villaroger off piste without seeing another person for over an hour. If anyone wants to meet up for a beer I am in Georges Wine bar in 1950 from 5pm - 6pm or so, Monday, Wednesday and Friday until the end of the season or when ever everyone goes home. Other days, at the Altiport from about 4.45pm till they send us home. The waterslide at the altiport is still the best free entertainment on the mountain, if you have not tried it yet, have a go.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowcrazy, Yes, Agree, there is still plenty, although perhaps not in the morning, but from about midday for a few hours is fine. Today really got going after a [very] early lunch. I just followed, but was great, until the slushy decent back to Vallandry at about 3:30PM.
The run from the Transarc where it goes to the top of the Derby, at about 11 was sheet ice, lots of people having real problems there was an 'accident there' , and ecriles (??) from top of grizzly similar. avoiding fallen 'persons' was the hardest part.

Last year I would have been despairing, but this [year], with the present company (everyone I've been out with) it's still great.

AllanM
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Approach to Vallandry lift is a little bare. Bashers are having a bit of a problem finding snow.

Having said that I had a geat day.

ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Day out at La Plagne side today ... So pleased that our week was in Les Arcs though Wink

Once we were over the Vanoise Express at 10 am, we found lots of slow lifts, slush, big crowds, dangerous skiers & closed runs. First time on Bellecote & glacier though and 'twas pretty right enough. Those were the best runs of the day as just about every red and black save for 'Les Murs' was closed. Last day tomorrow & planning a drop down to 1600 for a scoot on the funicular to BSM and then trips down our favourites for the rest of the day & hope to ski the last couple of lines off Aiguille Rouge.

Still plenty of snow for anyone in Les Arcs next week.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Anyone attempting the Montalbert Villaroger challenge is going to have a tough time getting to Villaroger now. The reds from Solliet down have been identified as "not really up to it - you should use the blue which has been especially kept open by machines" so said Aire les Arcs radio.

Even a couple of days ago at Plat, after a very nice stop at La Ferme, we were glad that we had been practising at the dry slopes, as you first walked across the muddy field, put your skis on on the matting, then quickly 'waddled' duck like to get in position for the lift - just like at the British versions of matted uplifts!

A lot more wind today, conditions just about holding up in the 2000 valley, still no sign of the promised precipitation though. Otherwise very warm +11 at 2000 metres, I'll be pleased if the weather is this good when we come back for the summer trip in 15 weeks time.

Met snowcrazy in the bar in 1950 briefly on Wednesday, ounds as if the people he has been tkaing out these past few days have been having a blast.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
closed runs - in peisey-vallandry - combe, ourson and the 'right hand side' of ecureuils

1600 - rouelles (shame)

gd renard closed for several days due to 'technical reasons' - personally I think it's terminal until the end of the season (although I have no evidence to back that up with!).

deux tetes drag lift now closed all morning til 13:15 until the end of the season...I guess this is becuase the freeze /thaw is making the run so hard...

moffatross I've given up on the idea of la plagne now...my last trip was with snowcrazy and his tour to montalbert - the snow down to montchavin les coches is soo lousy that I'm not convinced it's worth it, and your post doesn't fill me with joy...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
forgot to say..

dick of the day award from yesterday has to go to alanm

Took his wallet out skiing and then lost it with all his credit cards and a bunch of cash in it...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
OK, the snow report- Soz, couple of pics from today...

Drosset, and the trees - good call - great fun

Comborciere NOT. The alternative way to get down comborciere. TBO a bit concerned as we all knew this had avalanched in the the last few days. Cut through the trees to avoid the couloire, was hard work!!

Remains of the avalanche - makes you think!!!!

Codger, Mrs Codger and littler/smaller Codger, missed you leaving the altiport this afternoon, safe journey back tomorrow. Hope to see you all next season, been brilliant sking with you (;>). JayneD - you've been so cool. Everyone else - can't remember all the names by far - but..K + G, mad Scottish Alan, Lance, Julie + Sara (Blimey, can U both ski - did ski wth your OH last season).

Snowcrazy hope you make a full recovery - was gutted this morning.

Skied back to Vallandry from the Altiport, just taking the Jammy Dodger (to get some height) - nothing on top but a teeshirt, everything else scrunched into backpack - sooooo... cool.

Had a big argument with an innocent tree of Drosset, not going to 'post' the pic (cause it ain't good) but it's here ->
https://snowheads.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/data/500/medium/IMG_0465.JPG

Sante!! A la season prochaine!!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
allanm, Thanks, my knee is just getting worse and worse so finally this weekend it is time to call it quits and stop. Might have time to annoy you all with some of the great stuff that has been done on trips this season. When I get round to sorting the photos.

Still hope to see some people around the bars if you are coming out until I go for the op. Should be end of the month some time so not long to wait. Pity though I had hoped to make it over to three valleys and Val/Tignes. But then there is always next season.

To all the snowheads that I have been out with or shared a beer this season. It has been fun Very Happy hope we all get together again next season.

Just a short while ago it had started to snow very lightly at Arc 2000 and it is now a little damp down in the valley. Hope the snow they kept saying was on the way finally get's here for all you lucky ones out here or on your way. Toofy Grin. I will try and keep the snow reports up to date until the end of the season or until I get to bored with everyone else having fun and me just watching. rolling eyes

Only a few more weeks to go anyway. Enjoy the last few days of the season and do not forget to do the waterslide at the Altiport, it is NICE and warm now. Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowcrazy, Mmmmmm wasn't warm today - by any manner of means - Waterslide wasn't an option for me, today!! On saying that, as there was little sun, snow in the resort was fine for the best part of the day. Ended up, again, at the Altiport though but there were far less 'takers' than yesterday.

Bois de L'ours was closed this morning, not sure if it opened at all, due to high wind, but both the Varet and AR were open??? Higher runs stayed quite icy and 'cruddy' best part of the day. Bosses was great fun though, lovely snow - but a few struggled, just in the time I was there. Unless there is another dump (which isn't out of the question) I'm fairly happy to be going home tomorow.

Think that's it for this season. ATB to all these I've met, skied with or drank with (Of course not not many of the latter )

AllanM Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowcrazy,
Quote:

To all the snowheads that I have been out with or shared a beer this season. It has been fun hope we all get together again next season

Likewise, hopefully we can get together in the Summer for a beer on the bikes Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
allanm, sounds like you had a good day. met up with some others for dinner tonight and they also said the snow was quite firm. have a good trip home.

Boredsurfing, Hope to see you as well work permitting.
snow conditions
Gave the youngsters ( 7,7,10) their first real experience of reading piste maps today as we did the "6 Village Challenge" - they had to plot, and then follow a route that encompassed 1950, 2000, 1600, 1800, Vallandry and Peisey. Snow was OK, wind ( from the south - that damn 'snow eater' Foehn ) a little disconcerting, but as a family day out, it was great.

And yes, they managed to do it - possibly not the way snowcrazy et al would have done it, but they really enjoyed not only reading the maps but then trying to translate them to reality - never an easy task! I suspect the school reports on "what I did on my holidays" will feature this prominently...

But seriously, good to get them thinking rather than just following.

Nose bleed of significant proportions (hang-over from a " tree incident" the day before) on final chair of the day resulted in one small getting a ride home on the pisteurs skidoo, which in itself was more than compensation for a ski suit, boots, gloves and parental skis covered in red sticky stuff. Amazing how much can come out of such a small orifice.

Snow flurries tonight, but nothing to get excited about - we are well into spring and will have to live with what we've got.

As above, I too suspect the Gd Reynard mechanical problems will persist for the next two weeks - why would anyone try to fix it when the plans are to remove this summer?

Still having great fun, and expecting more in the next few days.

JW
ski holidays
JimW, the Gd Renard being removed? - do you ( I presume you do!) know what it is being replaced with ? Same thing, just more persons/faster?

On the same lift related subject, can anyone shed more light on the changes planned for the Arpette and (did i read somewhere?) the Clair Blanc?
snow report
JimW, Richie_S,

http://www.peisey-info.com/Domaine/dtravaux.htm

This mentions work on Arpette, Frettes & Clair Blanc, but no mention of Grand renard (I love that lift - hope it doesnt go Confused ) But then it also doesnt mention the placing of the old Plan Bois lift (moving carpet one) to above the TSD Peisey lift - near La Vache. Maybe that is still in the pipeline.
snow report
genepi, Grand Renard lift wasn't running at all last week that I saw. Hope it is replaced as, if Trans Arc busy, is a neat way to get over the top from Vallandry direction.

Good news about Arpette being replaced, again that will provide another route over from top.

It also makes Arc 1600 look a really good bet - explored it more last week and really enjoyed it for skiing with kids. Is a fast lift which takes you to Arpette, so a new Arpette will make accessing entire domain easy.

Anyway - snow last week held up remarkebly well, despite some exceptionally warm weather. Did start to get soft from lunch on and was very very lumpy in villages at end of day. Managed to ski down to Villaroger, although did have to walk last few yards to lift Laughing

Need more snow and lower temps now IMHO - as a lot of bare patches showing. But great week skiing Cool
snow report
A buddy of mine (multi-seasonaire!) said that he's noticed gd. renard being closed in april in other seasons - his view was that 'it saves on the leccy / staff bill' - given this lift is always closed on saturdays then that sounds personally reasonable.

I certainly don't want it to be removed - much prefer taking it to standing in a q for the tranny mid-station. Last week I was heading down to the vagere and then picking up col de fretes.

My concern about the upgrade to arpette is that it'll put too much traffic onto the narrow section down from their towards 16/1800 - it's narrow enough and gets chopped enough so that on a busy week it can be tricky..with more users on the piste I think the potential for accidents is high. Photo of the run below

Having looked at it then the two things they could do (with some dynamite / mountain moving kit) is to either open up the entry to the clair blanc so that it's less intimidating - currently I'm sure many an intermediate gives it a miss due to the entry only. Additionally / alternatively they could create a piste to the left of the col des frettes lift (left as you sit on it) that runs down to above the vagere
ski holidays
bertie bassett, you're not wrong about the entrance to Clai Blanc - it looks fine lower down, but the top looks like a sheer drop off a cliff!

I'm not so sure it will create more traffic - most seems to drop left back towards Arc 2000/1950 from what I've seen.
snow report
bertie bassett, I agree with you about the Arpette run, but if, as I've heard, they also split the old Clair Blanc lift so that a fast lift goes from where it currently starts to just above the level of the top of Vagere lift, then the old lift continues to the top, I think the overall outcome will help that bit at the top of Arpette

Boris, Its terrible towards the end of the afternoon when everyone realises that its the best way back from 1950 & 1600 to Peisey & the Vanoise Express. BB's photo looks like a quiet day Shocked
snow report
& don't get me started on the entrance to Claire Blanc run from the top Skullie
snow conditions
I dropped into Clair Blanc on Wednesday - 'twas a wee bit patchy to say the least Toofy Grin but as I was the only one on it at the time, it was probably actually safer than using the Arpette blue !!

Here are a few pix from my trip last week ...

Summit of Aiguille Rouge

Genepi

Near Refuge

Lanches

Lanches again

Malgovert

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sun 12-04-09 19:52; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Are there any plans to replace the old lift called Transarc?
Each time I come over to Les Arcs it seems to be boken, last Wednesday it was broken down and the Renard was closed and we seemed to have to use some very old rickety lifts, one even had tie on seat covers covering what appeared to be wooden slats instead of proper seats Sad
I guess all the capital monies have ben spent in Val d'Isere for the world cup and bringing other new resorts to the CdM group up to standard Confused
ski holidays
all (!)

I thought I'd read here and in other interwebby sites that the plan was to remove Reynard and Arpettes, and replace with a 6 man chair on Arpette. I agree with everyone that if anything, Col de Frettes is the better option to lose if you are going to reduce the number of options over the ridge, with Reynard being that superb alternate to a mid-station crisis.

The blue to 16/1800 off the ridge is a concern if Arpette uplift increase , since it is already very busy up there with Bois de L'Ours feeding people efficiently out of the 2000 valley. Perhaps Fond Blanc will get more traffic though, rather than Clair Blanc?

Porridge today and the extent is getting higher day by day... with the result that the crowds are being forced higher and higher. There was even a long Q for Grand Col today, and by late afternoon, although the top was still fantastic, even straight-lining the bottom half of the final black mogul field was only just enough to get up the hill.

Only minimal time out today, spending time on ski maintenance and other essential items that seem to come about when in a 'home' resort.

Still better than the alternative, the office, though.
snow report
I am convinced the entrance to Clair Blanc has changed over the years....10 years ago, on my first visit to Les Arcs, I came down it, in low visibility adminttedly - it had a lot of snow on it, but large icy moguls underneath it. It wasn't pleasant, but even in the poor vis, I'm sure the entrance wasn't what it is today... I've never considered doing it since!!

It feels like its been built up over the years - and I'm sure the whole pathy/blue section immediately off the Arpette lift , past the Clair Blanc piste has been remodelled so it is 'less' flat and of course you can now 'bear left' to head down to the 2000 bowl - when you used to have to continue towards the Col De Frettes and then turn left.

snow conditions
Meant to say there were a couple of JCBs perched at the top of Arpette on Friday - so it may be that some earth moving to make runs more accessable is on the cards?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What a lot of speculation. Now that I have just waved goodbye to the family. I will visit the development office and then post what they have to say, till then, keep on guessing everyone. I wonder which person will get it right for the new lifts. As for my two peneth before I go and ask. I think they will take out both Col Frette and Arpette plus Clair blanc. They will then put in one high speed lift not sure where but with the option of getting off near the snowpark or carrying on to the top and linking with Arc 2000/1950. If you know Tignes there is one lift like that in Val Claret.

I do not think there are any plans to change the Grand Renard this summer, but I might be wrong. As someone told Bertie, they always close that lift first when it is not busy.

bertie bassett, I do not agree with you about the Montalbert trip. It is a great restuarant and even now you can still ski the whole way. If anyone reading this likes blue and red runs and wants a journey then going over to Montalbert is really fun to do even if the snow is a bit slushy down low. If my leg could take it I would be doing it again this Wednesday. Alais not possible, so i will just have to see people in the bar instead.

Bertie do you fancy meeting for a beer later in the week. When are you heading home. I might be up in Peisey later in the week if you are interested.

I am in 1950 tonight at Georges Wine Bar if anyone wants to meet for a beer. Must leave by 8.25pm for last bus.

Cheers Very Happy
snow report
JimW, sounds like your kids had fun. Pity we did not get to ski together, hope we can next year. Maybe see you in the bar again if you are still around. Hope so.
snow report
allanm, Droset was one of my favourite runs. Sporty and wild I thought and the convex roll-over entrance off of the Aiguille Rouge run created one of the most exhilarating views down. The ducking in and out of the scrubland, the big and irregular fluffy mogul mounds, the zig-zagging turns and the steep and generally untamed nature of the run had me questioning why this was marked as a groomer on the map. It certainly didn't look like it to me.

We skied it on Monday and even then, the snow available for the crossing of the road was no more than a ski width across. Smile

Richie_S, although the entrance to Clair Blanc is no more challenging than most of the near piste off-piste entrances all over the resort, I am actually surprised that it is labelled as a red on the piste map. A couple of the other folk in my group who'd been happily skiing the pisted blacks and reds the previous few days had no intention of following me in saying it looked like a 'sheer drop'. It wasn't actually steep but it had become very narrow and required an overly deliberated turn right pretty quickly after the entrance, particularly so as the top 50 metres of vertical were scrubbed clean of snow by warm sunshine and too many turning skiers on the chairlift side of the top.

JimW, the queues for Grand Col were short on Friday but the schuss out was sticky for sure. The queue for Aiguille Rouge OTOH was already 10 minutes long just for the 1st stage bubble and Friday's 40 minute plus wait for the car to the top was just not going to be done in the sunshine and heat, especially with half the places being taken up by queue-jumping ESF groups. We did queue earlier in the week though and were rewarded by this sublime route down to Arc 2000 ...

ski holidays
snowcrazy wrote:
Bertie do you fancy meeting for a beer later in the week. When are you heading home. I might be up in Peisey later in the week if you are interested.

Cheers Very Happy

Sounds like a good idea, but might struggle with logistics - tuesday is a big night out here in crazee peisey. wed I'll be watching the footie. I'm
not sure when I'm heading home - might hang around to closing nights of the bars (sat/mon) or I might just up sticks thursday this week and call it a day!

Was out on the board today and enjoyed it but the calf could only last a couple of hours - need to change to the older board if I want to do some more riding this week..as there's serious stones in places..
snow conditions
bertie bassett, I will drop you a line if I can get up your side. Good to hear you are back on the board. Wish I was but my season is over now I think unless I can find a way of getting a new knee at the physio tomorrow.
ski holidays
Boris, Richie_S, moffatross, IMHO, the Clair Blanc just looks a bit intimidating, one quick turn and you're in, at least that was how it was end of last week. TBO I think there are a number of other drop-ins and traverses that are much harder than Clair Blanc - it just looks hard!! I struggle much more with the drop-in on the Bois de L'our just on the right of the lift as you go up - yes you can walk the 50 yards and it's easy . Very Happy
ski holidays
snowcrazy, in afrench language report about the lift updates, on one of the links i've followed from this forum, it seemed to suggest the start of the Arpette would be moved towards where the col de frettes starts... or maybe it was the ends - who knows ( i used babelfish to translate)

I also got the impression the cliar blanc was being replaced with something a bit more direct for the snowpark,which would also make sense...

Anyhoo, will be interested to hear what you report back !
snow report
snowcrazy, sorry I missed you tonight - are you in Georges any other time this week? Good luck at the docs.

This afternoon I made a small error of understanding: Small W (7) said she wanted to ski "Mont Blanc"... I thought she meant the eponymous run into 1600, so we came over from 1950 via the Deux Tetes black, which she coped with admirably - only to be told that what she really wanted to do was that big lump on the horizon...

She then asked if Everest was skiable... Precocious? - Elle?

In fact and very surprisingly, the runs into 1600 were terrific. Because everyone is going high, the soup that normally comes at the bottom of lifts was remarkable by its absence. Yes, the general conditions were fairly heavy, but certainly no more than could be seen at about - 2000 metres, and the total lack of people made it a very, very pleasant ski. Worth a thought if you are out and about tomorrow.

Malgovert this morning was a tad icy (!) , and was a challenge to test the edge preparations and the nerve to the limit. OTOH when we got back to Comborciere about 90 mins later - after a couple of runs of Couchettes - soft squidgy moguls meant a small error of judgment need not be disaster. However, its width is diminishing rapidly, and may not make it much longer if the sun continues at today's intensity.

I need to look up the Robert Blanc challenge times again, but a late text from MrsW saying she was unable to meet lunchtime ski-school pickups meant a rapid descent from the top of Varet to 1950 was required - 6' 38", which I thought was pretty reasonable given the sludge conditions alongside Arcabulle base station, the crowds and the number of bumps we had skied during the morning.

Knees feeling it tonight, as almost all slopes become lumpy after lunch, and all require hard work. Still better than the alternative though!

JW
ski holidays
JimW, sounds like conditions are still holding up ok. Wish my knee was up to a ski. Not sure when next in Georges, but might go tonight or thursday, when do you leave.
latest report
Boris, those JCB / diggers at the top on Friday were there to dig a huge hole and repair/replace some cable/pipe that was buried in the ground - when we skied past on Thursday there was a barrier around a marked area of snow, and on Friday we were amazed that that they'd dug the huge hole and were working on the pipework running down to the right/ 1800 side. Even more surprising was that by the end of the afternoon the hole was filled and covered over with the only evidence the big yellow digger parked high up above the slope!
snow report
There is now a large banner up at the top of Arpettes advertising the new 6 seat detachable for next season. What this means for start / end points, and replacement of other bits I haven't the faintest!

More unseasonably hot weather has meant that yesterday's posting about 1600 being OK post meridian is possibly optimistic. I don't believe that my post above generated more traffic on it's own ( or maybe I underestimate the power of snowHead ) but certainly busier, and warmer, and hence soup like at the bottom. Deux Tetes fine and fun, Mont Blanc squidgy.

Comborciere under the lifts is looking very thin and narrow as the melt continues to eat in from the sides However, most places in the 2000 bowl are holding up well, and as long as you pretend it is 'powder' after about 14:00 and ski the technique similarly, you'll be fine.

15th is the second anniversary of Cait Tovar's death on the KL, I shall be doing the runs under Varet with the intent of stopping for a quick personal rememberance.

J
latest report
hmm definitely getting pretty sketchy today on the lower slopes - run into 1800 from the tranny mid is definitely 'dodge the stones'....took myrtilles back to the blanc at the end of the day and in places you could only ski down 1/2 of the run as the other half was stones, the liason grizzly was like glue and hard to keep going on, but luckily being a bit larger then average I managed to keep going all the way to the pub

- loooking across to montchavin / les coches, looks like you can only get back to montchavin via the lift as the piste 'runs out' 1/2 way down the mountain...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy