Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jons Ski Tuning - Thanks mate :)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Got up this morning at 05.30, toast-coffee-drive 3hrs, stop have panini and coffee for breakfast then end up at Jons place to learn how to look after my edges properly on his ski tuning course.

We started off with edge angles, the whys and what nots etc before getting started with the sidewall remover!!!! Then it was on to getting those edges perfect. I was surprised that the factory finish edges on my new Salomon scrambler customs (skied for about 10 days) were in need of a good filing! not because I had damaged them, just that there were some flaws in the factory finish, then we looked at petex repairs and also a 'metal grip' repair on my girls skis. After a coffee it was on to hot waxing, waxing and brushing. Plus the chance to buy a small 'field tuning kit'

Cheers Jon it was a great day of hands on learning, I still have one pair of skis here that need tuning so I will be putting it all into practice. I will also be spreading the word around about your courses.

I thoroughly recommend spending some time at Jons if you want to get to know how to keep your skis/board in top condition.

All the best for ski show, catch you later mate.
snowHead snowHead snowHead Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mark handford, I endorse all you say here. I did the course with Jon last February and found it to be excellent. It enabled me to do running repairs and keep the skis in top condition during my two week trip at Easter. snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd absolutely endorse everything that has been said about Jon and the tuning service/instruction he provides - it's absolutely spot on and the way he can impart his knowledge to even a ski novice like me was invaluable. Plus on top of that he's a good, genuine guy!

Jon has become my font of knowledge for all things ski and tuning related......actually, I need to pick his brains when I bump into him at the NEC! Razz
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As a matter of interest, is the instruction one-to-one or is it done in groups?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
abj, Generally Jon does it one-to-one, but a maximum of two. See this page on his web-site :-

http://www.jonsskituning.co.uk/component/page,shop.product_details/flypage,shop.flypage/product_id,19/category_id,8/manufacturer_id,0/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,62/
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yep, he's very thorough and really knows his stuff. I did his ski tuning course a couple of years ago and it was well worth the effort. Highly recommended
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy