Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New binding design...Wot U think?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
OK... I know it will be hard but try and see past the very dodgy styling/looks and have a look at the strapping system..

Expedite 9 bindings

What do you guys think of this? Personally I don't see it getting popular but hey, who know..
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Look odd mate. I can't really work out how they work.

I want to try out those Ride Contrabands - I quite like the look of them and I'll be interested to see how securely they hold your feet. I think they're only really designed for park use but the price is pretty good too at £120.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i think it looks like you hold the handle where it says "expedite 9" and pull the whole thing down to the side of the base plate. on the side there are some little hooks which go through holes on the bar thingy you just pulled down. then pull on the webbing strap to tighten the straps, which look like they adjust from the opposite side and on the attaching side have an over centre cam type operation.

i wanted to find a good reason why it wouldn't work, because it looks odd, but i can't see any real problems. build up of snow/ice stopping hooks attaching to pull down bar thingy? could actualy be quite quick to operate.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rogg,

I agree with you on how it probably works. The potential problem I see is that once the binding is closed and the straps adjusted you usually get a bit (a lot?) of tension on the straps (well it has to hold your foot hasn't it..)...so then you undo the "hooks" on the side to exit the binding and then when you try re-enter the bindings I can quite easliy see that the tension makes really awrkward to easily re-engage the hooks.. and the boarder might end up causing himself a hernia pulling and contorting to get the thing to work..

Dunno... will go to Decathlon lakeside if get a spare moment...I am curious...

If it does work well, shame about the hideous styling..

Edit: I re-read the previous post and realise I am probably figuring this out wrong. Boarder probably hooks the thing on the clip the whole thing down ski-boot style? but why that strap across the two buckles then??

arrghhh I hate not knowing... Embarassed
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kruisler, seen them advertised in a mag, looks freaky, would definately need to try before you buy!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm like a dog with a bone now... (no silly jokes please.. Toofy Grin )
Just went through some French forums.
rogg's pretty much sussed it out: you hook the whole thing onto the two side hooks then pull the centre strap to engage/clip the buckles on (ski-boot buckle style). very quick apparently... Questions being raised as to how easy it is to use in pow. One guy says he tested them last year. And he's impressions were good on the practicality/solidity front. He did not comment on the performance..

So possibly some very good innovation..I just can't get over the denim look though..
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy