Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere 08/09

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Timberwolf

Just got back today. Big snowfall from Weds night through to Friday. A couple of whiteout days but solved this by taking the forest runs (Fontaine Froide especially). Really nice powder snow everywhere. To be honest, the resort needed it as had begun to get icy by Weds. First time in 5 years of going there that I've seen so little sunshine and it really tested my limited skiing ability by trying the different conditions which were tricky. Visibility was pretty bad at times (Sat AM down to less than 10 ft). Soon cleared to be one of the nicest days skiing with good light and snow. Pistes very quiet !! No queues. Maybe this is La Ros' best kept secrets. Makes for long ski days...... If you get a Sunday transfer, you're quids in as the Sat is always quiet as most people transfer out then. Even during the week, I found I could be the only person on the piste. Try the red runs between Bellette and the Fort if you want empty slopes and good snow. Le Mouflon is nice. I think most people are put off by the rickety old lift but only a small price to pay.

Stayed with Esprit. Not been to Chalet Sandrine. Central to town but I guess can be a pain as not ski in / out as far as I'm aware. Only a few mins walk to the slopes but depends on how many sets of skis / poles you have to carry for your kids !! Once again, none of the families using their childcare had a bad word to say.

The benefit of Sandrine is that it is right next to the best restaurant in town - Le Genepi - went there on the Thurs. Excellent food, do some good value set meals this year (28 E for 3 courses).

If you want to save some cash, don't book ski hire with Esprit (book online with Twinner before you go). Half the price and fantastic service. Even drove the skis to my chalet one year and will normally lend you a trolley at the very least.

Also, don't book lift passes with Esprit on the phone. Wanted £529 for family of 4. In resort, you can buy this for 533 Euro direct from lift office. Bizarrely, Esprit will only charge 533 Euros if you buy from them during the coach transfer ??
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
damobloke1, Great stuff, thanks for the update on snow conditions, and the tips for good skiing. Also nice to hear positive comments about my accommodation. I have booked equipment with Twinner after i compared their prices with Esprit, but took the TO lift passes for sheer convenience.

Thanks again
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes can confer with damobloke1 it certainly snowed a lot last week, hope you had a good time damo, should be enough snow to last the season, great powder skiing, loved Marmotte a red run left virtually unpisted. Can definately recommend the 2 day ski hosting esprit provides, after each day they ski you back to kids club for 2:00pm collection.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm off on Friday, driving down then 8 days skiing! YES! snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
see you in a week's time folks snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Can anyone give me an up-to-the-minute report, off tomorrow morning Cool
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Update for the start of the season, 120cms on the mountain 60cms in the village and snowing again today with more forecast for Thurs down to 1100metres. The resort opens on the 12th so it's looking good thus far and temps are pretty low.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David L, maybe worth starting an 09/10 fresh topic????
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy