Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere 08/09

Poster: A snowHead
In response to Gunvors post above - I would also recommend the Fontaine Froide however that run is below La Rosiere 1850 (main part of resort) not Eucharts. If we are thinking of the same run the coffee shop at the bottom of fontaine froid is great..lovely smell of woodsmoke and yummy chocolate waffles! The run below Eucharts is called Marmottes I think..however I don't remember a cafe there.

We also loved skiing over to La Thuile.

LOU - thanks for your post above. If chalet igloo is part of cimes blanches I'm sure you will have a great time there. The appartments are lovely and pool area and steam rooms etc. are very good. Although the pool is quite cold so you have to keep swimming in it. jacuzzis slightly warmer. As your children are older I'm sure you'll enjoy skiing over to La Thuile as a family. Hope you have good snow and a lovely holiday in April.
If you are driving take as much food as you can as it is expensive in resort (and Sherpa is quite small). We went by train and took some vegetables and porridge oats etc. with us..but were limited by what we could carry!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We are staying at the Eucharts area and are hoping we can ski back to there each day? Will def check out the coffee shop ( and the snoggable bloke)!! Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The area at the botom of FOntaine Froide is Ecudets (lots of similar letters Very Happy )
You will have NO problem skiing back to Les Eucherts
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
That's it - Ecudets Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Guvnor, Fontaine Foid is the opposite direction to Eucherts wink You need to come right off tetras about 2/3 of the way down along a roady blue (rouvinettes) to the top of the Fontaine Froid run. There's also a black off tetras that joins it.

Is the coffee stop at the bottom new? Was there last year and I'm sure there was just a hut, unless we were just too desperate for a loooong sit down on the chair back up!

Going Sunday week - yay!

EDIt - sorry - should refresh page more!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
helenjane, Apparently I meant Ecudets, not Eucherts, so apologies for that Embarassed
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Guvnor, not nagging - just not awake yet (night shift)
I love marmottes too, btw, and the reds off the fort!
In fact, its all pretty wonderful Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snowing heavily now on the webcams !
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We thought you'd like to know that...

La Rosire is reporting Powder.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi, just back from La Rosiere after a fantastic week, more snow than I have ever seen in my life Shocked i have written a report under reports, if anyones interested!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Feefee, do you have a link to this as can't seem to find it?!?!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
samharris, its here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=14152 sorry I dont know how to just link my post Embarassed
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sorry, I found it yesterday and enjoyed reading it. Can't wait to go back!

Any recommendations for places to hire skis guys? I've got my own gear etc but my wife whose a good intermediate will need to hire.....Know there's Twinners by Eucherts which comes in a fair bit cheaper than our chalets rented out ski's from skiset.... any opinions or help appreciated Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Twinners are ace
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cracking, many thanks Smile
ski holidays
Intersport, if you book on line I think they give the best discount. Be interested to know if this is true.
snow report
samharris, thanks glad you enjoyed the report. We booked our equipment online with www.snowbrainer.com and chose Olympic Sports in Eucherts area. They are brilliant, all the equipment was new and good quality we had intermediate for £400! (8 skis, 4 boots) have also used them to book for my daughter in LDA next week, would definatly recommend.
ski holidays
Cracking, will give that a spin. For 8 days hire inc a helmet for the best skis Twinners have, (ladies skis) they were 111 euros which I thought was much better value than goign through our hosts at £148 all in with helmets! OOOF, WOUNDER!
snow report
Anyone know the location of Chalet Sandrine ( Esprit ) in La Ros ? Is the location OK ?
ski holidays
Timberwolf, Very nearly booked this chalet, its in the centre, good location! we didn't as they do not allow children in the dining area with the adults, they are 12 and 9 and would have to sit in their rooms while we ate Shocked (bit cheeky as the 12 year old was to pay an adult price)! just my 'bug bear' !! but I have heard that esprit are very good.
snow report
feefee, really ? presume you mean at the evening meal ? if so, i guess a little more understandable.....but take your point about having to pay adult prices... Thanks though, the Timberpup is only 5 so he'll be well tucked up in bed by dinner...... Esprit ( so far ) have been the best child friendly Ski TO i have experienced....
latest report
Timberwolf, yes for the evening meal, its their policy which doesn't suit us as we all want to dine together, your little lad wont be affected as he is young! when are you going? The chalet looks really nice Very Happy
snow conditions
feefee, looking at a 22nd March departure at the moment - appreciate your comments. Thanks.
snow report
I'll be there then Timber, been around that date the last 2 yeras and the snows been superb !
snow conditions
Timberwolf, We went 23rd March last year. The best snow I have ever had on a ski trip.
ski holidays
samharris, cool, if i get anything sorted i'll give you a PM and we can have a snowhead beer ...

Frosty the Snowman, thanks fella, i'm not worried about the snow, or whether i'll get my boots in my hand luggage, or whether a helmet is a good idea wink wink The biggest issue is whether or not I can negotiate an 'authorised absence' for the Timberpup from school. Evil or Very Mad Honestly, my preference would be to go in the Easter hols, but I have some commitments i can't get out of....
snow report
Timberwolf, Took both my boys out of school and got it authorised!! Good luck!
latest report
Just look at the webcam now...

la rosiere is seriosly white!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My first post, Hi All, going to La Ros in a couple of weeks with Esprit, area described as quiet in description here:-

"Les Landelières is in a quiet area of La Rosière, just below the village centre and only 50m further down the piste from the Braconnier. A button lift just outside connects straight up into the main ski-lift area"

Anyone know the location of Les Landelières Chalet? Taking a 5&6 year old + wife, will be a bit of a new experience as Usually ski the large resorts (Without kids!) is there a reasonable amount of chalenging skiing in La Ros? Snow lookin good!
latest report
Welcome to SnowHeads snowHead The position is fine with about a 500m walk into the town centre. Almost ski back to door BUT the line
Quote:

A button lift just outside connects straight up into the main ski-lift area"
is stretching it a lot. For some reason the button stops 30 metres below the next button which is the one that links you to the main lift area. There is little "challenging" skiing in La Rosiere. EIther hook up with an of piste group through the ski schools or pop over to La Thuile where there are some great blacks throught the trees from 2200 m to 1400m.
snow report
xelon, stayed there two years ago. It's a bit worse than Frosty says; the path from the chalet to the small (free) button (Manessier) is narrow and a little uphill; and when you get to the top, you have to walk over the (in summer) road to a small button (Clarines I/II), further to the main Roches Noires chair or further still to the ski-school meeting point and the main turkey lifts (sorry, buttons Lievre Blanc I/II that you see from the webcam). Getting back is OK if you carry some speed to get you over the flat road.

It's a nice chalet, but don't be mugged into paying for the sample platter of meats - it's about €60 and not at all worth it. That aside, I'm sure you'll enjoy the stay - it's a nice place; make sure you try the Tartiflette from the restaurant at the bottom of the Fort chair, and that you take pistes 6 & 7 down into La Thuile. Enjoy!
ski holidays
Thanks for the quick replies, guess I won't mind too much about lack of challenge as I will be skiing with the wife (slow & careful intermediate) while the kids in ski school, which gives us about 5 hours skiing, hope thats long enough to ski to La Thuile and back? A bit off topic but intend buying a new pair of ski boots while out there (mine 15 years old this year) apart form the terrible exchange rate, is there a good selection of ski shops for a small village?
ski holidays
xelon, You will have time to get to La Thuile and back but not have much time to ski many runs there. There are some good ski shops, we used The Olympic in the Eucherts area, there were a couple of shops there too! have fun.
ski holidays
Xelon - stayed in Les Landelieres last year. Had a great time - met a good group of people. Handy location but button lift doesn't connect to the main meeting point - they seemed to have built it 30m too short so you have to walk the last bit. Easy to ski back to though so handy at the end of the day.

Chalet ok - bit dated but homely. Ski Esprit very good for a tour Op - we are staying at the Braconniers this year, slightly higher up the same piste.
snow report
damobloke1 wrote:
Xelon - stayed in Les Landelieres last year. Had a great time - met a good group of people. Handy location but button lift doesn't connect to the main meeting point - they seemed to have built it 30m too short so you have to walk the last bit. Easy to ski back to though so handy at the end of the day.

Chalet ok - bit dated but homely. Ski Esprit very good for a tour Op - we are staying at the Braconniers this year, slightly higher up the same piste.

Thanks for the reply damobloke, chalet supposed to of had face lift this year, so hopefully the dated bit won't apply, believe Braconnier is where the child care is, have a 5&6 year old both booked into ski school, will they have to take drag lift up to the main area? Or are they bused there to begin with?
ski holidays
Not sure about the child care as my two never went there. Too damned independant and better skiers than mum and dad !! Child Care is at the Braconnier I think.

I know the Esprit staff basically take control of the kids and walk them up to the meeting area. Very well supervised and loads of staff. We never really took advantage of the kids clubs etc but those families that did certainly had good feedback. It meant they were more relaxed and I guess a big reason why we met a good bunch.
snow report
Xelon - when are you going to La Ros ? We are off there on 1st March from Bristol to Chambery. Could meet for a drink. Not sure if you asked the question elsewhere but the coach transfer is quite good. I don't remember any other drop offs and we went straight to La Ros.

Anyway, if you want a really nice restaurant for the chalet host night off - I would recommend Le Genepi. Pricey but good quality. Accept kids too. As with any resort, could be worth pre-booking for a meal on the Thursday as not a huge choice of restaurants and all get busy. Most seem to have e-mails to book on-line

This will be our 5th Year. I always thought we'd try different places but ticks all our family boxes. And I'm recovering from cruciate knee surgery so a bit of confidence from knowing the slopes will be welcome.....
snow report
damobloke1 wrote:
Xelon - when are you going to La Ros ? We are off there on 1st March from Bristol to Chambery. Could meet for a drink. Not sure if you asked the question elsewhere but the coach transfer is quite good. I don't remember any other drop offs and we went straight to La Ros.

Anyway, if you want a really nice restaurant for the chalet host night off - I would recommend Le Genepi. Pricey but good quality. Accept kids too. As with any resort, could be worth pre-booking for a meal on the Thursday as not a huge choice of restaurants and all get busy. Most seem to have e-mails to book on-line

This will be our 5th Year. I always thought we'd try different places but ticks all our family boxes. And I'm recovering from cruciate knee surgery so a bit of confidence from knowing the slopes will be welcome.....

1st March for me too, Manchester to Chambery, hope to see you there, maybe catch up for a few drinks, or meet up for half a days skiing, sure you know the area pretty well by now, myself and the wife will get about 4 - 5 hours to skiing while kids in ski school and snow club, believe Chalet Braconnier is where the kids have lunch. First trip to Las Ros, usually go to the neighbouring huge ski areas, lookin forward to a smaller resort, especially the x border skiing. Will take youre culinary recomendation and try to pre-book Le Genepi before we go, looks like its been snowin today in La ros, one last working week to go....
snow conditions
I reckon we'll be on the same coach transfer as we land at Chambery at about 10.30 french time. Should be in resort by 2pm so time to grab ski hire (always cheaper to book in advance on-line - Twinner is half the price of Esprit), buy lift pass (in resort, price in Euros what Esprit charge in pounds) and get an hour or so on the nursery slopes. The piste down to Les Landelieres is one of the nursery slopes so no need for lift pass.

Our kids have lessons with ESF from 11 - 1pm so a few free hours in the morning, lunch, then off to try and catch them up on the reds !!

See you there !!
ski holidays
Any more recent reports from La Rosiere ? Thanks to all those so far................
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy