Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere 08/09

Poster: A snowHead
Snowed in La Rosiere last night! Heavy forecast for tonight, about 20cm at village level, although its ment to rain a tad this morning before turning colder.

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/La-Rosiere/6day/bot

Would anyone say that this is a reliable website? On j2ski it says 27cm is forecast so which is more reliable?

Happy Skiing!

Very Happy

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 10-12-08 23:19; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This news is relevant to my interests.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
essexsaloman, welcome to snowheads..
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers for the welcome!

Hope its a good season this year, was no powder to be found in Feb so i am hoping there is going to be this time around!

So does anyone know which is the better snow forecast website?

Snow-forecast.com or J2Ski.com? Or is there better?

Once again thanks for the welcome and hope the snow news is nice to your interests FastEddie!

Razz
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Metcheck is not bad. http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/snow.asp . There are some weather threads linking to more sophisticated tools, but I forget what they are.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
essexsaloman, brian, carled and a few other snowheads are a better bet for weather forecast than those two websites. If you have a look snowheads you will find many, many discussions have taken place regarding forecasting. As the season gets closer you will also see a very popular thread which deals with forecasting and the above two snowheads are very active in this thread and normally get their predictions right.

I would take the amount of snow that is predicted to fall with a pinch of salt. These figures are at best a guess, from what I have read.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
try this link http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=14852
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the links guys. So wats the current snow situation for the rest of the french alps? Is this meant to be looking like a good season this time around?

I remember my first ski trip in 05 to La Ros (im only 14) and there was even snow at Lyon Airport, in Feb this year though when we went back for the first time since I only started seeing traces of good snow in Bourg-St-Maurice and thinking that still must be ages away from the resort as i expected so much more! Would be nice to look down the Tarentaise Valley and see some snow instead of horrible green and brown. Makes me annoyed to think that when i first went to skiing I didn't appreciated the 3.5 meter base and powder snow. Also remember being able to climb up a snow bank that was as high as a shop window, and seeing icicles that where as big as two storeys (i have the pictures to prove it). All we got this year was a fairly large snow base that was rock hard, the off piste snow being like riding on concrete, not seeing a single fallling flake, with the sun hot enough to be able to ski in jumpers. Imissed the cold for once. Sad.

Fingers-crossed for some powder and deep snow when I go this time around!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
essexsaloman, welcome to sHs! When are you heading out there this time around? We'll be there either the last week of Feb or the second week of March - until then I suspect we'll have to make do with a few trips to Xscape, unless I get a cheeky one in January...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Make sure you go over to La Thuile. It's much better.

*hides*
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
This time around heading out in the Feb half-term and funny enough like you said my mum has booked us in xscape this november. Been there once before but i cant wait to try out my new blades!

Are you a La Ros regular , what chalet you in?

Paulio- Twisted Evil Only kidding, i agree La Thuile is good, but the blacks are a bit icy, but there is possible a better variation of slopes and u have to love the italian accent. Got to say though the restaurant with all the writing on the walls, (next to the chair lift), has some brilliant panini's. Its the one that plays all the good music and has a lovely steep slope down to the door , i watched my dad fall flat on his bum, and we even managed to chat with some sexy italian girls there, although i suspect they were laughing at us not with us. Laughing

Almost forgot has anyone skiied the run down to La Thuile which is actually a road, man that was weird nearly crashing into a speed sign! Its all windy and brings you into the centre of town from the left if your coming from La Rosiere?

Happy Skiing!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Rained, no-more snow. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
essexsaloman wrote:
Rained, no-more snow. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr Evil or Very Mad

Typical for this time of year. No need to worry for at least another four weeks or so.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
essexsaloman wrote:
but the blacks are a bit icy

Nothing like a sweeping generalisation! You mean the blacks were icy when you were there that week of that year!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
essexsaloman wrote:
Almost forgot has anyone skiied the run down to La Thuile which is actually a road, man that was weird nearly crashing into a speed sign! Its all windy and brings you into the centre of town from the left if your coming from La Rosiere?

Happy Skiing!
An impressive achievement getting up enough speed to crash on that run. The last time I did it I got so bored that I skied straight to the Bosco Express, up, and thrashed down Black 3 just to wake me up.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman,

You went right past La Rascard without a food/ beer stop!! Shame on you wink
snow report
johnboy, No, we stopped their once down the black. I needed to feel I had earned my deeeelish nosebag. Very Happy
latest report
Frosty the snowman- it was boredom and nearly falling asleep when i nearly crashed! La Rascard that was it!

Im glad that its still early days with there being rain and not much snow, please not another repeat of xmas 2007. Is the snow then rain scenario the same with all the resorts at the moment?

Also, does anyone know of any good clubs or bars near La Ros, or the best places to go in the resort, as it seemed there was nout all nightlife in the place. Is Seez any good or is that quite far and expensive to get to or is there other places near La Ros that are any good?

Happy Skiing! x
latest report
essexsaloman wrote:
Also, does anyone know of any good clubs or bars near La Ros, or the best places to go in the resort, as it seemed there was nout all nightlife in the place. Is Seez any good or is that quite far and expensive to get to or is there other places near La Ros that are any good?

Happy Skiing! x

St. Anton, Ischgl, Mayrhofen, Kitzbuhl take your pick...

Not that convenient for La Wossiere however.

Seez is not exactly kicking, think traditional (in parts) moutain village. Can't comment on the action in resort as was only there on Sunday just gone and the most 'action' I saw was some leaves blowing across the road. If you wan't more action then there is in La Rosiere then you might need to try bourg st maurice, but it's a good 30 minute plus drive up and down the hill - see the 'scariest access road thread in 'on the piste'

Traditionally it's fair to say that most french resorts have less apres then the austrian ones. I've had some fun nights out in les arcs, ADH and apparently LDA is good fun - althought I haven't been there myself.

Still it's what you make it right!
snow conditions
YAY!

As of time of writing, there is a a little blanket of snow! Are there any snowheads in the resort who know the depth? And hows the resort looking for open day?

Wheeyyy!!!
latest report
essexsaloman, La Ros is closed this year for refurbishment.

I am 12.
snow report
Just spoken to my son who has taken 40 minutes to drive from La Rosiere to BSM because of the heavy snowfalls! he tells me its been very cold, -10 for the past week or so and its snowing down in Bourg at the moment. So looks good for early season, if anyone has looked at the La Thuile web-cam there's masses of snow.
ski holidays
David L- sweeettttttt.

Does he have any idea how deep the snow is roughly in cm? Man this is a good start to the season, cant remember the last time it snowed down to BSM!!!!

Happy Skiing Very Happy
latest report
essexsaloman wrote:
cant remember the last time it snowed down to BSM!!!!

It snows down to Bourg quite often, at least a few times last season.
latest report
rob@rar, La Rosiere has a piste that runs down to Seez which is almost BsM. That said it is rarely skiable and the lift is a bus!.

Webcam at the top of the page looks MINT Very Happy

Webcam PANORAMIQUE http://www.larosiere.net/?rub_id=33 snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
rob@rar, La Rosiere has a piste that runs down to Seez which is almost BsM. That said it is rarely skiable and the lift is a bus!

One day I'll work out what the route is to ski down to Bourg from Les Arcs. I know the top section, but the bottom bit looks a little confusing. The lift back up is a train Wink
snow report
rob@rar, Fast train Vs old bus wink It looks like a seriously magnificent morning in the Tarentaise today Very Happy
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
It looks like a seriously magnificent morning in the Tarentaise today Very Happy

It certainly does. The webcams look stunning. I fly out on Friday, so happy bunny this morning Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar, have a great time and shred some for me.

BASTARD

wink
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, Laughing
ski holidays
When is it next meant to snow?

And does anyone kno roughly in cm how deep the snow is at the moment?

Cheersss
ski holidays
essexsaloman, I think La Ros boasts a fairly constant 800cm from Nov to May.
snow report
essexsaloman, seems there's about 80cm (high) and 40cm (low) at the moment with nothing forecast until the weekend...allegedly...
ski holidays
Seems a fairly good base for this time of year.

Hopefully Feb is going to be quality white loads of the white stuff.

Snow-Forecast predicts a moderate fall from fri to mon. Should build the base up good!

Happy Skiing
ski holidays
Looking on the resort web makes happy reading!

(65/100) cm of snow with more to come!

Huge contrast to last year

Happy skiing x snowHead
snow report
essexsaloman wrote:
Looking on the resort web makes happy reading!

(65/100) cm of snow with more to come!

Huge contrast to last year

Happy skiing x snowHead

Calm down dear you've still got 10 weeks to go wink
snow conditions
dumping down at the moment, just had a look at the La Thuile webcam and it's dumping down there as well, should be good for next week (resort opens 13th Dec although La Thuile has been open since 29th Nov).
snow report
snowing tis' morning just like the most of france. the snow is building nicely!

Happy Skiing! snowHead
ski holidays
just spoken to my daughter in La Rosiere, fabulous day there, with a metre of snow in the village (1850mts) and over 150 mts at 2400mts so looks like a superb start to the season.
ski holidays
Quote:
150 mts at 2400mts

I'd be suprisised if you could get off the lifts and onto the pistes with that 150 metres of snow there Sad ,still at least you wouldn't hit any rocks, trees or buildings on the way down snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy