Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tchibo - Skiwear from Next Week

Poster: A snowHead
Here, including a winter sports watch:

Quote:
Display shows altitude change in metres (measures altitudes between 706 and 9,164 m/2,316' and 30,066'), number of descents, total travel time, speed, day of the week and date. With thermometer, barometer, weather display, compass and alarm function. Battery included.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Does tchibo actually have stores?...I don't seem to be able to find the info on their website. Thanks
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kruisler, yes, but they're often found in Somerfield, too. There are standlone branches in Hereford, Cheltenham, not sure about other locations, but here's a Yell.com search:

http://www.yell.com/ucs/UcsSearchAction.do?ssm=0&scrambleSeed=12986262&keywords=&companyName=tchibo&location=&x=0&y=0&M=0
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kruisler, They do currently, but according to one of the staff in teh Cheltenham store recently, they are going to close most of them outside London over the next year or so.

The Abergavenny store closed recently Sad
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Salisbury branch is now Ann Summers! but the Andover Tcibo is still trading Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Oooh thanks for the notice! Think I'll be popping into Croydon snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Durham store closed recently too.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What's the quality of the Tchibo gear like (loaded question, I know)?
For the sake of clarity, would you ski in it and in what weather conditions?

Am wondering if this would be suitable for my nephews' xmas pressies...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Zero-G, I've found it to be pretty good stuff - and would be entirely suitable for a nephew's present. Unless he's into named gear Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Zero-G, the stuff I've had from there is generally excellent. The ski pants I had were brilliant - a good fit with plenty of pockets (taped seams), zippers at the ankle and elasticated/popper ankle cuffs to ensure a proper fit over ski boots. I skied in Banff in -20C (excluding wind chill) and was perfectly toasty all day, even on chairlifts.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ooh excellent! My nephews aren't too fussed about the whole branding thing - my sister raised them well Wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I bought one of those waterproof shell jacket thingies from Tchibo in Crewe last year. Absolutely brilliant for Spring skiing. Plenty of pockets, pit vents, quality stitching, stylish....

I'd be sad to see this store close as you get free coffee with every purchase, even the cheaper ones! It's like a small, up market Aldi and completely different from everything else on our High Street.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We've all (family of 4) had various things from Tchibo's ski ranges and they have all been very good, and excellent value for money. Wouldn't hesitate to buy again if there was something that took my fancy Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There's a store in Chelmsford but its tiny
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Ann Summers

Now ther's a company who should get in to ski wear - a$seless saloppettes anybody wink
snow conditions
I don't understand tchibo - am I the only one.

It seems to be a coffee shop that sells random stuff on the side - and that doesn't fit my nice 'mental categories' it should be one or the other surely...

I did have a quick look at their base layers last week but decided I probably had enough..
snow report
holidayloverxx,

ooohhh where in chelmsford?
snow report
There's also one in the centre of Kitzbuhel, which always seemed rather incongruous to me Toofy Grin
snow conditions
hyweljenkins, thanks for the heads up. Tchibo gear has done me well in the past so ordered a few more bits from them today, including the watch. A geek, me? Blush
snow conditions
Kruisler, As holidayloverxx, says, def. one in the precinct in Chelmsford. I also swear I saw one in the Basildon shopping centre the other week too.
latest report
Kruisler, The old precinct, between where Butterfly's used to be and the market place about 5 shops from the centre on the left hand side as you walk towards the market.
snow report
hmm, cheap tat, try bicester village if anyones near, decent TNF nd helly hansen shops there stocked with ski ger at the mo, about the same price and soooooo much better tech quality
snow report
the_doc, sounds like the words of one who's never tried the Tchibo skiwear ...
snow report
Megamum,
Thanks. Isn't it just the coffe shop though? It sounds unlikely they'll have ski gear there. It turns out there also is a Tchibo in Southend but it's listed as coffee shop (the original business for Tchibo..)

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 15-01-10 13:59; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Kruisler wrote:

Thanks. Isn't it just the coffe shop though? It sounds unlikely they'll have ski gear there. It turns out there also is a Tchibo in Southend but it's listed as coffee shop (the original business for Tchibo..)

see my post a bit further up this thread...
snow report
bertie bassett, Thanks

I won't bother then...

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Fri 15-01-10 13:59; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
They have one in Uxbridge but its small so i have ordered the ski/board bag online (bargain at £20) though as I doubt whether it will even get in our local store
snow conditions
DebbiDoesSnow,

That bag looks good...shame they did not have the boys version...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kruisler, I know its a bit daft only having a girls one on there
snow conditions
That bag looks a bit bulky and liek it'll get crushed fairly quickly..for a couple quid more you can get Dynastar/eb/snow rock/snokart bags of far better quality
snow report
papasmurf, I already have an expensive really good wheelie bag but what with bloody weight restrictions i am unable to gaurantee to use it as my main luggage as i would normally do so i am just looking for a lighter alternative i can sling over my shoulder. At £20 its a bargain and if I don't like it then i am sure i can flog it on ebay
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy