Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Obergurgl - off-piste

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am going there in a couple of weeks. Has anyone any comments or recommendations.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The cream of garlic soup at David's Hut is very nice Blush Best skiing is above Hochgurgl.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There is a single chair up to the Hohe Mut above the Nederhütte with some steeper ungroomed and one run offpiste run goes under the interconnecting gondola.
http://www.skimaps.com
Best to get a local off piste ski instructor to show you around if the powder is plenty. There's more off-piste in nearby Sölden but unfortunately you can't use the same lift card.

The bloke who owns the Nederhütte does a good show on the guitar, "Smoke on the Water" sounded good but it could of been the beer listening.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Steve, Its a excellent time to go.

There is a lot of off-piste in Obergurgl but you need to know where you are going and be careful of avalanches as there is still quite a lot of snow coming down. It depends what you want to do.

Last year at this time certain areas were skiable for the first time and you can get to areas where there are no pistes.

If you can afford it get an instructor from the ski school, they will always take you to the best places, thier local knowledge is unbeatable.

Agree with DB about the Hohe Mutte excellent in good weather. The Nederhutte is a must, except that my favourite is "Alice"
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the advice - I have a guide for half the week.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Loads of great off-piste - you'll have a great time.

Nice place for lunch is a restaurant you can avoid the walk to by going up the Hohemutt and then off to the right. Not a very long run though and the single chair takes forever!!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy