Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone for Les Deux Alpes over Christmas?

Poster: A snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
blizt, Yes - lots! wink Laughing There are a number of snowHeads out at Christmas - some would make good ski companions for you and/or Pete. Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ooops Embarassed Embarassed - original message not showing up. Here's what I meant it to say

We're (2 of us - Pete & me) staying again over Christmas with Lyn & Pete in Les Deux Alpes where they run a catered apartment (full English breakfast, bread & cakes at teatime, 3 course evening meal with wine). Their website is http://www.scuba-ski.com/ski/index.htm

We've stayed there for the past 2 Christmasses & had a great time but the people who we've shared the apartment with have decided they so love LDA that they've now bought their own apartment there so won't be staying with us this year. (OK the real truth is they love skiing in LDA but can't face sharing an apartment with us again!!!) NehNeh NehNeh That means there are 3 rooms still available in the apartment if anyone else fancies a guaranteed white Christmas without any washing up. The apartment is available until Saturday 27th December (we're staying from Sunday 21st as flights are good price) but Pete & Lyn are flexible on arrival date. I think they're also flexible over single people stopping.

Anyone interested? snowHead snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
blizt, Aah - well flowa was asking about Xmas just the other day.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
blizt, This may sound like a daft question, but what do you get up to on Christmas Day? I know the lifts are open so you can get your snow fix, But what about the rest of the day?...is it just like any other day? or do the Chalet hosts put something special on?...I imagine they'd want to do as little as possible on Christmas day?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
joydivision, why? We all work Christmas day just like any other! Very Happy I know I'm not a chalet host, but most of them make MORE effort AFAIK
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
joydivision, Last year I think for breakfast we had bucks fizz rather than just orange juice. Obviously we had to open a few presents from around the Christmas tree and then play with the silly ones. We skiied during the day meeting up for a Christmas Day drink or 2 up the mountain at lunchtime. Tea included mince pies & then we had a traditional Xmas dinner (turkey, Xmas pud, crackers etc etc) in the evening.
Lyn & Pete who run the chalet also eat with us & join in & make a real effort to ensure the day is special. I know we've enjoyed our Christmasses skiing though the end of the evenings can be something of a blur when trying to remember!! NehNeh NehNeh Didn't listen to the queen's speech last year but then I never have!

I really like Christmas Day on the piste as it's a guaranteed white Christmas & I quite like skiing on the same slopes as Father Christmas (I think it's always been the real one, not one of those fake ones they try to pass off on unsuspecting kids in some shopping centres) & I've also skiied past people dressed as reindeer, snowmen etc. My 1st Christmas skiing I even travelled in a specially decorated chair on the chair lift (guess I'm easy to impress!!). Not spent Christmas in other European countries but in France they start celebrating on Christmas Eve including e.g. a fireworks display & torchlight descent and of course the resort all looks very Christmassy. I'll see if I can find a few photos to post if I can find a few.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
joydivision, what chalet hosts want and what they have to do are two different things. Laughing TO-run chalets do Chrizbit dinner, mince pies etc etc as usual.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
easiski, Yeah I suppose, I just find it hard getting my head around having to work, let alone work harder on Christmas Day! I guess it makes sense for them to make that extra effort as they can charge more!

blizt, Thanks for the info, That sounds like a great way to spend Christmas, I've never thought about going away for Xmas before, but being Self-Employed, taking holiday costs me money, and I may as well extend my enforced two days holiday to a week!...I think some more research is in order!

Lizzard, Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

I think some more research is in order!

joydivision, if "more research" means you're considering this Christmas there are still some good prices for Ryanair & Easyjet flights from UK to Grenoble e.g. from East Mids, Birmingham & Bristol inclduing some Ryanair ones that were "just" charging taxes & baggage when I looked earlier (probably from some other airports too but I've booked our flights so prefer not to look any more to see if I could have got them cheaper!!!)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
easiski, guess you,ve been busy this week with mondial. We've has guests too, and are now busy liasing with Andy the builder as we are refurbishing a lot of Les Bleuets (new bath, shower room, new flooring in thebedrooms etc.)
Looking forward to Christmas with Pete and Liz (Blizt). Little Angel

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sat 1-11-08 17:16; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
blitz, have some Chrismas photos of Les Deux Alpes if you want us to send them to you.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Sat 1-11-08 17:17; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
joydivision,We like to think of Christmas as hosting a dinner party for friends, and certainly not doing as little work as possible as suggested in one of the earlier comments. This is a way of life, not a job for us.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
scubaski, I'm still in the UK! Back late next Thursady - pop in for a coffee/glass of wine when you're tired of the building work. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I was going to put a photo in but I can't remember how Embarassed - any reminders anyone?
snow report
Sounds good. I'm pondering. Great resort too.
Seriously interested, loving the idea of skiing on Christmas day.
snow conditions
tomstickland, the thought of skiing in 6 weeks time is keeping me going at work - I count down in "get-ups" & only 31 work get-ups to go snowHead snowHead Hope you can make it as its always good to have more people to ski with.

scuba-ski, how's the snow doing? I'll be getting out the snow-dance manual over the weekend so I can start practising my snow-dance skills in preparation for Xmas (I haven't warned Pete about this!!!)

easiski, are you back in LDA yet?
snow report
tomstickland, we have pm'd you with details of the accommodation where blitz is staying.
ski holidays
blitz, the snow has gone in the resort now, but it looks as if a good layer has been put down above around 2,200 metres. The snow dance won't hurt though. Is there a strictly come snowdancing tv show? If there is, we'll watch out for you.
latest report
blizt, Yes, and just getting things sorted out. I must invite Pete & Lyn down for a coffee. Very Happy
latest report
I received PM. I'm liking the idea.
After last year I really want to ski as much as possible this year. I had a really good time and my skiing really came on. I'd call myself a decent intermediate skier - ie: will hammer down any pisted run and starting to enjoy off piste if the conditions are right.

So the daily plan is: breakfast,ski, last lift back, eat, beer, sleep.

I'm going to consider the dates etc.
ski holidays
tomstickland, like you I'm happy on any piste & really enjoy going off piste (though have even less style off piste than on)!! Pete's skied a lot less so currently enjoys doing a steady pace down blues & reds.

Our day is usually get up for an earlyish breakfast so can get out for an early lift. If we're skiing together, Pete sometimes stops earlier at the end of the day than me & I go off & do some harder runs - Les Deux Alps is great for this as the bottom of the mountain has some lovely unpisted, quiet blacks back into resort so you can keep going back up the telecabines from the bottom & doing them at the end of day until the last lift. We then have a few beers & eat.

Just writing this is making it all seem a lot closer & lessening the impact of the damp, windy weather currently outside my window snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
Too much fun.
I'm having a bit of a ponder about dates at the moment, since I don't have any holiday left before Christmas. ie:
My holidays start at lunch time on 24th Dec.
snow report
I've had a think, and I'm going to have to take the 27th Dec - 3rd Jan, so can't make this. Pity, because it looks like it would have been ace.
latest report
Quote:

I'm going to have to take the 27th Dec - 3rd Jan

Have a great time snowHead
ski holidays
Hello all,

I have booked with Pete and Lynn and cant wait. I will be there for two weeks from the 13th to the 27th.

easiski, Can you do lessons? Or if not you recommend anyone that can?

It would be great to meet up with any snowheads that are there at that time.

Looks like it will be a fantastic christmas.
snowHead
snow report
vocalbill, Looking forward to meeting you over Xmas snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
vocalbill, We've already emailed. Very Happy

to my knowledge the following SHs will be in LDA for Xmas:
R32
MarkeyB
Blizt
vocalbill
craigandamanda
PaulMc will be there at the beginning of the week
might catch martski at the weekend ...
Of course Scub Ski, Easiski, and others who live here. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
vocalbill, Yes see you there Very Happy Very Happy
I'm sure easiski will be able to arrange one of her SH's gatherings over Christmas Little Angel
snow report
I think there are a few boarders there too Wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy