Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow Report: Montalbert La Plagne 2008/2009

Poster: A snowHead
Mouth wrote:
Boredsurfing wrote:
LAST DAY of the 2008/2009 season
We'll be back in the Summer Very Happy

and so will we.....not Aug 1st tho Toofy Grin

I think we have something on in Henley that day as well wink Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Summer's coming Very Happy

The summer VTT lift passes for Paradiski dropped through the letter box today Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boredsurfing, That sounds very energetic...............................
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
redrunmarcus, You know me, first lift, out all day, back as the lifts close, well it's the same in Summer wink Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Boredsurfing, I presume you are referring to the fact that your appartment block has an elevator? Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Boredsurfing, I presume you are referring to the fact that your appartment block has an elevator? Toofy Grin

I wish Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boredsurfing, Via L'Abrevoir........
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
redrunmarcus, l'Ab not open this summer Sad Sad
so will have to frequent 50's Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Boredsurfing, such a hard life .....I on the other hand will be sweating my wot nots off with the Ladies Open
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Opening day of the summer season in Montalbert today Very Happy

Any one heading to La Plagne (and the Vanoise Express) may find this list opening timetable useful Very Happy

http://media.skiinfo.com/images/dppic/f323354.jpg?c=42
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lovely sunny day in Montalbert temperature has benn hitting the low 30's each day. We had a fantastic firework display for Bastille day and the locals were line dancing at midnight Shocked
Off on the bikes today so should be even warmer later on Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Boredsurfing, lucky you have fun
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Boredsurfing, lucky you have fun
Indeedy.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Having basked in temps in the low 30's today is cooler at 24c but tonight we are forecast to have thunderstorms with rain falling as snow down to 1500m Shocked Shocked
The local weather forecast call's it an 'incredible decline in the temperature overnight' Very Happy
It's now just after 6pm and the temp has quickly dropped to 14c
I just love mountain weather!
For those that know Montalbert we are off to 50's for Dinner this pm Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Boredsurfing, Lucky you Very Happy I love the mountain weather & how it can change! The 4pm horages are always fun too Skullie Laughing
snow conditions
Boredsurfing wrote:
Having basked in temps in the low 30's today is cooler at 24c but tonight we are forecast to have thunderstorms with rain falling as snow down to 1500m Shocked Shocked
The local weather forecast call's it an 'incredible decline in the temperature overnight' Very Happy
It's now just after 6pm and the temp has quickly dropped to 14c
I just love mountain weather!
For those that know Montalbert we are off to 50's for Dinner this pm Very Happy

Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
11pm and it's 9c It's raining but no storms or snow....yet Toofy Grin
latest report
It was 6c at 9.00am and rained all night, in between breaks in the cloud it llooks like it snowed as low as 1800m Very Happy
snow report
Boredsurfing, been lashing down here for 36 hrs. Picton show cancelled!
ski holidays
Boredsurfing, so get the skis and walk up ...............where is Cockofthenorth when you need him????????
ski holidays
redrunmarcus, Someone did mention a plumbing course for him wink Toofy Grin
latest report
Waiting for the cloud to lift, meanwhile here's a pic from our bedroom window of the snow on the mountains above Aime.
(Meanwhile have de-frosted the freezer anyone for Xmas pud dated 12/07 Toofy Grin )
ski holidays
Boredsurfing, excellent they get better wit age don't they? Tomorrow will be good in Tignes
ski holidays
Boredsurfing, Having had a message from C&G I understand the plumbing ref.How bad is it
snow report
redrunmarcus, Toofy Grin Not too bad, the monkey bar is probably worst, (the new TV will dry out I think) but the shop is better than his first attempt, at least the ceiling has stayed up this time! They are here tomorrow afternoon for a couple of days, so looking forward to a night in 50's tomorrow, Cock of the south is here already wink Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Pigs on Piste!
snow report
I had always thought the shed by the lift was for cows ......
ski holidays
Yesterdays snow is still in evidence on the tops
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Boredsurfing, Xmas pud dated 12/07 will be legendary - I presume its home made?? I always try & keep mine for 18months Toofy Grin
snow report
Back in Montybear again
The work to widen the top half of the stadium is well under way and Les Getil pictured is the work to widen Le Gentil
snow report

There are some new pipes delivered on the side of the road just above here so maybe they will extend the snowmaking as well, not that it is needed as the snow holds well in the forest snowHead
ski holidays
We went for a little walk this morning and came back past the lake near the top of the Fornelet chairlift which supplies the snowmakers. Along the fence are signs with interesting facts about the lake and the snowmaking. I won't bore you with them all except theese two.
The snowmakers can work automatically once the temp is below +2.5c
and each snowmaker can make 30 cubic meters of snow an hour using 15 cubic meters of water per hour.
latest report
Boredsurfing, you are a mine of useless/full information
latest report
redrunmarcus, Thank you kind Sir Toofy Grin Just off to 50's for a beer Very Happy
snow report
Quote:

There are some new pipes delivered on the side of the road just above here so maybe they will extend the snowmaking as well, not that it is needed as the snow holds well in the forest

The pipes I saw are indeed for the installation of snowmaking along the lower section of the Gentil piste, thus giving three guranteed routes back to the village at the very end of the season Very Happy
latest report
Boredsurfing, Why do you think they are widening the top of the stadium piste?.... and do you mean the slalom section or the piste to the right looking up??
snow conditions
redrunmarcus, The section from just above the tunnel to the start. Basically taking out the trees on the left hand margin of the left hand piste. IFIRC it's something to do with achieving some 'proper' certification. there's also new lights and tannoy system as well. All the safety netting and it's supports around and on top of the tunnel have been upgraded as well.
snow conditions
Boredsurfing, At a guess it is for FIS homologation. The current list isn't very much for a "big" resort.
snow conditions
rjs, what does homologation mean? Puzzled Boredsurfing, I see......
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy