Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow Report: Montalbert La Plagne 2008/2009

Poster: A snowHead
Morning all, Lovely sunny day here this Morning piste looking good will post some detail this evening off to get first lift (ish) Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Great day out in bright sunshine, apparently my face is now an 'interesting colour'. Very typical spring conditions but much better than last April nowhere did we come across any
significant areas of 'Plaque de Terre', although we didnt go down to Montchavin or the Vanoise Express wink
Ironically late afternoon the best conditions were in the trees above Montalbert, so good in fact we went back up and did another run through them before handing in our ski's for edge sharpening Toofy Grin
If you are coming out tomorrow bring lots of suncream good sunglasses and light layers, around lunchtme it was HOT Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Off piste was showing as not advised today,we came across a small avalanche that had crossed Les Etroits piste in the last day or two ....

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sat 4-04-09 19:56; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you have good eyesight or zoom in you can see the piste marker pole in the debris!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks although it had gone right across the piste Confused
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for update and great pics. Suncream already packed.

How are the other snowHead out there? Seen them yet?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
After three days of Hot sun, it was 22c on our balcony yesterday lunchtime, the heat is begining to affect the snow which is getting so heavy after one o'clock. Bare patches are begining to develop as well. Yesterday was very busy after the quiet first couple of days, we can only assume thet there are a lot of day trippers as the car parks above Plagne centre aren't full Sad
Restaurants are closing early because of the bad season, one in Montalbert Skanapia is already closed, Arbreuvoir has only the bar open and will close until next ski season on April 18th Sad

Have seen the other snowHeads in resort but not skied with them yet........
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Greetings Boredsurfing, missed you at Christmas, still got your Chocolate Hobnobs
(well, not the same packet though: ate them - got new packet at Tescos yesterday Smile )
Should be over your way on Friday to meet up with the Zorros.

Funny old season.
Once again lovely snow-filled Lows are charging across the Atlantic only to be swatted away by a big bully High stuck over Poland.
Met Office Surface Pressure Forecast
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jonpim, Sad We miss each other again! We are off home on Friday morning Confused
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Boredsurfing,We are destined never to meet rolling eyes
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Linds wrote:
Boredsurfing,We are destined never to meet rolling eyes

Ah but I am around next week if you are? Will be mostly doing half days as have little one but let me know if you around
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cockofthenorth.

Just a quick question. Do you know anything about the NX11 Lifter and the NX 12 bindings as they seem to be what is on offeer to go on the 8000.

Hope you are having a good end of season and are full up.

Cheers
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Boredsurfing, good to see you are back. Hope to be over your way on Wednesday if the rain keeps off. We plan on having lunch at the La Forperet around 1pm if you are free for a drink or want to join us for lunch.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Boredsurfing wrote:
We miss each other again! We are off home on Friday morning
What!!! Shocked
But I've packed the Hobnobs. They're down in the suitcase depths. Too dangerous to get them out now. Skullie
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Another cross piste avalanche this time on the Reservoir piste near Aime 2000
snow report
and near the Biolley lift, the piste is the step in the centre of the slide
snow report
snowcrazy, Good to see you again, I look forward to you posting your Villaroger Montalbert time on Saturday Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Another hot day but the clouds have now come in, the local weather forecast is saying there may be some snow above 2500m Very Happy but may rain lower down Sad
snow report
not looking, not bovvered, not me.......
snow report
Quote:

Ah but I am around next week if you are?

Mouth, Have PM'd you with mob number snowHead

Frosty the Snowman,
Quote:

not looking, not bovvered, not me.......

Shall I send you a piccy from La Ros on Sunday Toofy Grin NehNeh
ski holidays
Mouth

Thanks for the text but no mine are not green but blue i also have a big yellow one and well as a very large yellow one. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Hope this helps will post photo at some point.
ski holidays
Linds, if you do then I shall not look. Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
Heyntfarmer, Hope you are keeping well, good to hear from you. The NX11 and NX12 are intergrated into the ski I think so they are the recommended binding for the ski they have a good din setting the NX11 is from 4 to 11 and the NX12 is from 4 to 12 so a good range they are similar to the rossi and look bindings. I would go for them if you have found a pair plus if they are intergrated then there is no drilling involed!!

Funny you should post today as I have been on the north face today and went down the canadian it was in good condition considering the time of year we went off further right 1/4 of the way down and found some fresh springy tracks which was great, a really good day and wish you where could have joined us!!! Smile Smile hope you find some 8000's Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, You wouldn't have enjoyed al this lovely sunshine and skiing snowHead

Mouth
his large yellow one is so big he has been known to auction it off at an hour a go Toofy Grin
ski holidays
cockofthenorth, was Mrs cockofthenorth, with you?
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, not sure your knees would have liked this thick, soft stuff anyway Confused

Glorious sunny days Very Happy Very Happy . It is already at 6 degrees down here though.
snow report
redrunmarcus, nope, but she is going out today on her usuall Thursday trip with a following of montalberians!!!
latest report
cockofthenorth, cool..... got a call from Phillipa she is coming to give me a quote next week
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
redrunmarcus, get some bottles of wine in. she will have them windows as clean as a whistle!!!!
ski holidays
cockofthenorth wrote:
Heyntfarmer, Hope you are keeping well, good to hear from you. The NX11 and NX12 are intergrated into the ski I think so they are the recommended binding for the ski they have a good din setting the NX11 is from 4 to 11 and the NX12 is from 4 to 12 so a good range they are similar to the rossi and look bindings. I would go for them if you have found a pair plus if they are intergrated then there is no drilling involed!!

Funny you should post today as I have been on the north face today and went down the canadian it was in good condition considering the time of year we went off further right 1/4 of the way down and found some fresh springy tracks which was great, a really good day and wish you where could have joined us!!! Smile Smile hope you find some 8000's Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks for the info will be out with them next year or pos the nordica nitrous Toofy Grin Toofy Grin . What a difficult choice. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
Glad you had a good day little supprised that it would be in good condition after the warm weather you have been having.

Think i will need to get a lot fitter if i have a chance to do it again. Laughing Laughing

Hope you enjoy the rest of the season snowHead
ski holidays
Got back from La Plagne yesterday. First time there, had a blast and stayed at the P&V Montsoleil apartments at Plagne Soleil.

We had a great week - blue skies and sunshine for 7 days. As a result we had typical spring conditions, with icy mornings and slushy porridge in the afternoons. There were odd muddy patches and a few stones creeping into most of the well used pistes when we left so definately in need of more snow. Not sure if snow has fallen since we left yesterday morning (Saturday).
snow conditions
Hairy Boy, ah, we went over your accommodation a couple of times last week I think (Melezes chair?) Agree about the conditions and your comments - I was down in Montalbare (staying with CGSki) and also had a blast.
snow conditions
Ray Zorro, Did you try to send me a PM, please send it again if you did as nothing came through.
latest report
Ray Zorro,

Thats right the Melezes chair goes up and over the square at Plagne Soleil and you could see our appts just over from the square, very, very convenient accomodation. Really enjoyed the ski-ing in lePlagne. The good weather made things very enjoyable but even that aside we are thinking that LaPlagne is the best (ie. most suitable for us) resort we have been to.

Really, really enjoyed the runs down to Plagne Centre from the Colorado chair - lots of variety, absolutely fantastic !

Also enjoyed the area from the Crozats chair at L'Arpette.

Hoping to post a full trip report if/when I get chance.
latest report
Great day today boot deep powder all day!! Hopefully more tomorrow!! will get some pics soon Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Bleep off......................... wink Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad
snow report
Ray Zorro, Great to meet up with you all again last week snowHead
Mouth, Sorry we didnt manage to meet up bit I picked that day to go over to Val D/Tignes with Chris Bish
snow report
A bit late I know but we got back on Sunday from our last trip. The snow in Montalbert was still pretty ok for this time of year and you could ski easily back into the village. Some fresh snow last week meant that we had a day of powder and some fresh tracks were had (down closed runs through the trees I need to add!)

What a fab season and good to see fellow snowHead , some briefly and some more frequently. I wore my red challenge gilet with pride last week around the resort. With the resort closing this weekend I can only look forward to a visit in the summer. Am I the only snowHead who does not get an exotic honeymoon location but gets to go to the mountains as is the usual practice?? Oh well here's hoping that next season is one long honeymoon (12 weeks long please).

Oh and roll on December
snow conditions
LAST DAY of the 2008/2009 season
We'll be back in the Summer Very Happy
ski holidays
Boredsurfing wrote:
LAST DAY of the 2008/2009 season
We'll be back in the Summer Very Happy

and so will we.....not Aug 1st tho Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy