Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow Report: Montalbert La Plagne 2008/2009

Poster: A snowHead
SNOW SNOW SNOW................................horizontal this morning snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
redrunmarcus, Was here last night as well.....but it didn't settle Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, today the conditions around montalbert were fantastic!

We spent a great morning enjoying the fresh pow, initially on the piste and later off the sides and through the trees.

It finally stopped snowing at about 6pm after 20 hours solid, more forecast fr tommorow, bring it on Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
waist deep powder and still snowing heavy today. Not good visibilty above aime 2000 so stuck in the back garden!!. Mega conditions and one reason being that redrunmarcus, is back in the UK as when ever he go's back it starts tipping it down!! I was wondering if all you montalbeariens would like to chip in £20 quid each for the season and I can book a load of cheap flights for redrunmarcus, to go back on for next season!!!! say a flight a week and we would be gauaranted snow every week !! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cockofthenorth, Can you arrange for him to be back in the UK. just before my next visit please Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Boredsurfing, I'll look at some flights for him and i'll get back to you!!! Very Happy Very Happy Toofy Grin what day do you land in Montalbert??
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Still snowing in Montalbert although it did stop for about 20mins earlier this evening!

Kids got fresh tracks in powder on the nursery area at 5pm on skis and sledge

Tomorrow should be epic Very Happy but hoping the roads will be clear in the afternoon as I need to take my mate Matt back to GVA Sad
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Today was a pretty good day for fresh snow. Boot deep, at least, in the routes we did, and then the snow started in the afternoon and has fallen heavily for the rest of the day. Skied with BernardC and Sarah around La Plagne, mainly Mont St Jacques down to La Roche and above Champagny. The snow down towards La Roche was fairly light, but much more humid and heavy above Champagny. The snow that's falling now seems much drier and with a bit of luck tomorrow will be a great day for the off piste Smile

A couple of photos from today, with more on my blog.

snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rob@rar, what a lovely photo (the second one)!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Another great day off piste today best condition in years, but some very sad news one off our local montalbert Esf who is repected as one of the best guides in the Alps was found dead today in a avalanche Titus who was with 5 other clients 3 off them dead and the other 2 critical. so please be carefull out there and respect that conditions change quickly the weather is getting warmer tomorrow and the snow does not hold as well on the steeps I know its always tempting but think twice. Titus had a tracker and ABS . Take care.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
cockofthenorth, very sorry to hear that Sad
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
How dreadful. Sad
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
cockofthenorth, Very very sorry to hear that news. Sad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The avalanche is the one in Valmeinier that is on the snowheads news
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
There appears to be snow forecast around 28th according to the wigglies ...........guess what date I go home Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Toofy Grin
snow report
redrunmarcus, Superb, ready for when I arrive again a couple of days later Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Boredsurfing, I am so pleased for you.................... wink
latest report
very dark clouds coming in fast and temps dropping!!!!
snow report
Has redrunmarcus, gone back to the Uk early Toofy Grin wink
ski holidays
Boredsurfing, NO STILL HERE............ and its SNOWING..............a bit windy but looks like about 3 ins and -3
Ist lift beckons Very Happy Toofy Grin Smile Cool snowHead Laughing NehNeh
snow report
ST reckons loads of snow in next 9 days.... enjoy redrunmarcus,
latest report
Mouth, Home soon.............................. back for lunch still snowing-a good 8 ins of snow bit bumpy underneath in places but bl~~dy good fun out there.....Roche de Mio shut Glacier shut so everybody down here in the trees
snow report
redrunmarcus wrote:
There appears to be snow forecast around 28th according to the wigglies ...........guess what date I go home Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Toofy Grin

Make the most of the next 3 days Very Happy
snow conditions
Boredsurfing, stop rubbing it in. It must be bad enough for him without your reminding him!! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Mouth, Its OK I have just spent the last 2 days playing in the powder and still more to come so I can go home a happy man might even do the North Face again on Friday..............with the Harrogate mafia!!!!! wink
ski holidays
ITS SNOWING GREAT BIG SEXY FLAKES snowHead
latest report
Does anyone there Know what conditions are like at the other side of La Plagne at the moment?(Les Coches specifically) as Im off there for three days on sunday.
snow report
Rookiemark, I would imagine pretty dam good from all the accounts on here. Make sure you do the red L'Esselet down through the cheers from Pierre Blanche run. Fab. Enjoy and post a report when you get back please!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
redrunmarcus wrote:
Mouth, Its OK I have just spent the last 2 days playing in the powder and still more to come so I can go home a happy man might even do the North Face again on Friday..............with the Harrogate mafia!!!!! wink

Great. Emerson wants to know if you will be using your elephant skis again? Please tell Harrogate mafia that we are looking forward to welcoming them to ours for dinner very soon - they know the date. Post some pictures if you do NF again please
snow report
Mouth, Thanks for that, starting to get exited now.It'll be my first visit to parasdiski so i wasn't sure what to expect at this time of year.I'll look for the run you mention and try it .what are the cheers? Puzzled
ski holidays
Mouth, cloudy this morning so not sure we will get up there... flat light ...bad vis etc but will as always go where the maestro takes me........
will remind them of dinner date
And Emerson .....yes the big elephants will be getting some exercise snowHead Cool
snow report
Rookiemark wrote:
Mouth, Thanks for that, starting to get exited now.It'll be my first visit to parasdiski so i wasn't sure what to expect at this time of year.I'll look for the run you mention and try it .what are the cheers? Puzzled

I meant trees!!!!!!
snow report
Well thats it last days skiing in Montalbert for this season had a great time and would like to say thanks to everyone especially Giles and Claire for a great 3 months

Went to Grande Mere restaurant today for first time .....on way from Aime 2000 over bridge down to 1800 very well priced with large portions well worth a visit .......

See you all next season hope the next 3 weeks fulfill everyones needs be that sun or snow snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead Cool
snow report
redrunmarcus, Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad that 3 months has gone far too quick but with any luck we will be joining you next season Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
Hey all whats happening out there?
snow report
redrunmarcus wrote:
Hey all whats happening out there?

Yes come on guys give us an update. His Lordship arrives soon so should expect some next week Toofy Grin
snow report
Well the sun is shining as I type in Montchavin. Bit soft in parts getting to here but skiable. Stopped for coffee at La Ferme and to say hello to Cyril. Very warm. Supposed to be raining?
snow report
redrunmarcus, I think the Harrogate Mafia has forgotten how to type Sad
I'll post an update on Friday, although on Saturday or Sunday we are planning a little road trip to use our fee Espace Olympic pass Toofy Grin
We have to be back in Montalbert on Sunday at a reasonable time on Sunday to greet CGSki's special VIP guests from snowHeads Very Happy
and on Monday it's the bosses birthday so I may get a rest on Tuesday Laughing
snow report
Mouth,Had three great days sikiing in La plagne, Monday the snow was in great condition after some fresh on sunday, but the visibility was pretty poor, we had everything from fog/ low cloud to flat light above the first cloud layer (fine in the trees) to the odd glimpse of sun.Tuesday was blubird, snow was typical spring hardpack Icy in the morning fine around the middle of the day and soft Later in the day. Did L'esselet run as you recommended but left it till late on tuesday afternoon and it was very soft and mogully so I did not enjoy it as much as I would have in good conditions,Loveley winding run through the treees though and I can see it would be loads of fun If the conditions were better.Thurs ,another bright day but with the odd cloud and warm temps were taking there toll on the snow after lunch especially. glacier was a closed due to high winds at the top and was pure ice at the top of the lift before le tunnel run as al the powder had been blown from the surface. once you were two or three turns in le tunnel was in great nick until you got to the section after the tunnel itself where it started to get a bit soft. Overall had some great skiing for three days.
snow conditions
Rookiemark, Fantastic and glad you enjoyed it. Off there myself in just 6 days Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy